Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But do you honestly think that will make a difference? It seems unlikely to me

The version. I see success posts from last year using 10.11.4

But do you honestly think that will make a difference? It seems unlikely to me

I cannot predict the future. You have my suggestion...
At this point, it is a certain way to guarantee your copy of El Capitan is genuine.

The problem you report sounds like a problem with IOKit patching or incorrectly set DVMT-prealloc.
Or some issue with the particular screen in your laptop (some of these laptops come with different screens, and some of those screens prove problematic).

I don't have this laptop, so I cannot be sure of the conditions that might contribute to the problem you are describing.
Perhaps others that actually have the laptop can test (eg. implement various mistakes to observe the effects) and provide you with more clues.

Last edited:
Hi RehabMan, I followed your advice and reinstalled with the latest MacOS file. Now I managed to get my y50-70 up and running. One question though, I cant seem to find the status of GTX860m GPU. Have I enabled it? I play some games on the laptop and currently it's running a bit slow. I have edited my profile and uploaded the filed requested. could you have a look and suggest? many thanks.

Attachments

• J’s iMac-IOregistryExplorer.zip
    675.7 KB · Views: 62
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
  • kextcache.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 233
  • kextstat.txt
    708 bytes · Views: 124
Hi RehabMan, I followed your advice and reinstalled with the latest MacOS file. Now I managed to get my y50-70 up and running. One question though, I cant seem to find the status of GTX860m GPU. Have I enabled it? I play some games on the laptop and currently it's running a bit slow. I have edited my profile and uploaded the filed requested. could you have a look and suggest? many thanks.

Nvidia in Optimus is not supported and therefore disabled by the files provided in the guide.
The reason is covered in the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Your ioreg indicates you didn't implement power management. Read post #1.

Also, other indications you didn't follow the guide..
- ioreg shows VoodooHDA installed (this guide uses AppleHDA not VoodooHDA)

Hello

First of all thanks RehabMan for your guide is really useful.

I am up and running macOS Sierra on my Lenovo y50-70 UHD laptop.

However, the problem that I am facing is quite different whenever I boot up and choose macOS Sierra to boot from clover menu. I get apple logo and loading bar and bar goes about 35% and then suddenly just blank screen and nothing happens. I have to hard reboot and have to do that about 5 to 6 times then I am able to get into login screen of macOS. as a result I am not able to provide any of the files that you have requested as I am not able to login right now. I tried for like 15 times and same thing happens.

and here is link to the video I made about problem http://bit.ly/2mP2WQP

Thank you soo much.

Hello

However, the problem that I am facing is quite different whenever I boot up and choose macOS Sierra to boot from clover menu. I get apple logo and loading bar and bar goes about 35% and then suddenly just blank screen and nothing happens. I have to hard reboot and have to do that about 5 to 6 times then I am able to get into login screen of macOS. as a result I am not able to provide any of the files that you have requested as I am not able to login right now. I tried for like 15 times and same thing happens.

Thank you soo much.

Boot in verbose mode and make a photo. Attach it!

Last edited:
Hello

Thank you soo much.

Perhaps you didn't set DVMT-prealloc correctly? Or forgot to patch CoreDisplay for the pixel clock limitation?

Use an external monitor if necessary to provide "Problem Reporting" files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back