Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I've tried again with El Capitan and have tried everything: boot without caches, pre-patch_ha.sh
I can only boot with the USB's config.plist and without injecting Intel, otherwise the display jumps around and goes black.
I've attached my latest ioreg, clover config, etc.

Thanks

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3 MB · Views: 70
  • ioreg.zip
    378.1 KB · Views: 69
  • kextcache.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 137
  • kextstat.txt
    447 bytes · Views: 142
Ok I've tried again with El Capitan and have tried everything: boot without caches, pre-patch_ha.sh
I can only boot with the USB's config.plist and without injecting Intel, otherwise the display jumps around and goes black.
I've attached my latest ioreg, clover config, etc.

Thanks

Your profile is not filled out as requested in the guide. So, I have no idea whether you have UHD or FHD screen. Please fix before your next reply.

Sorry, I have the UHD model.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3 MB · Views: 70
  • kextcache.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 74
  • ioreg.zip
    378.1 KB · Views: 57
  • kextstat.txt
    447 bytes · Views: 92
Sorry, I have the UHD model.

Please fix your profile as requested in the guide. Signature should not be used in the case of a single system...

--

This ioreg was not booted from the EFI/Clover you provide here.
The config.plist in EFI/Clover has 19 KextsToPatch, but your Clover bootlog shows 16.
The ACPI/patched has SSDT-HACK.aml and SSDT.aml, where your Clover bootlog shows only SSDT.aml loading.

just fyi for everyone with elan touchpad
use the latest kext and prefpane for all possible macbook gestures and their settings

trackpad now works pretty much how it would in a macbook

I got to the installation part, but the trackpad is extremely slow -- I have an ALPS trackpad. I have read about ALPS trackpads in the thread but couldn't quite understand to what extent they were supported.

Also there's no retina scaling at all in the installation screen. All the windows and the text are rather small; my Lenovo Y50 has the UHD/4k screen.

Is the retina scaling set up in the post-installation? Or is it supposed to be already there during the installation process?

Really sorry for the stupid question, this is my very first hackintosh.

Last edited:
I got to the installation part, but the trackpad is extremely slow -- I have an ALPS trackpad. I have read about ALPS trackpads in the thread but couldn't quite understand to what extent they were supported.

Also there's no retina scaling at all in the installation screen. All the windows and the text are rather small; my Lenovo Y50 has the UHD/4k screen.

Is the retina scaling set up in the post-installation? Or is it supposed to be already there during the installation process?

Really sorry for the stupid question, this is my very first hackintosh.

Your profile is not filled out as per request in the guide. Please fix.
No need for retina scaling at install stage... that comes later in post-install.
There are separate PS2 kexts for ALPS (you will need to google for them). This guide provides the PS2 kexts for Synaptics only.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11 beta)

What will happen when the stable release is out. Will that require a whole reinstall (making a new USB with the stable release)?

Hi thanks for this great guide, the only part where i seem to be struggeling at is the IOKit patching,
I Fixed the little bug in the script (where it gave an error cause of a typo (iokite changed to iokit))
now it no longer stops but finishes the script. To bad it's saying it doesn't recognise the version signature
with as result my built in screen is flickering at a vary fast rate, and my hdmi screen works just fine.
I need the built-in screen to work however. what else is the point of it being a laptop.

Currently this is how "About this Mac" looks like:

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 16.10.02.png

Also added ioreg, any clues?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 16.10.15.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 16.10.15.png
    97.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Joachim’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    7.6 MB · Views: 96
Hi thanks for this great guide, the only part where i seem to be struggeling at is the IOKit patching,
I Fixed the little bug in the script (where it gave an error cause of a typo (iokite changed to iokit))
now it no longer stops but finishes the script. To bad it's saying it doesn't recognise the version signature
with as result my built in screen is flickering at a vary fast rate, and my hdmi screen works just fine.
I need the built-in screen to work however. what else is the point of it being a laptop.

Currently this is how "About this Mac" looks like:

View attachment 235229

Also added ioreg, any clues?

You did not follow the guide. This guide does not use VoodooHDA.
Your Clover bootlog also shows you do not have the correct setup in EFI/Clover.
And from where did you download Yosemite?

You are right, i had problems earlier with made me unbootable. So i had to improvise.
What i will do (since i'm up and running) i will download a fresh sierra from the App Store and follow your guide
from zero, and then i will post again, gonna carbon clone first, thanks for the quick resoonse tho.

(It will work with sierra swell right. as i have nowhere to find yosemite from App Store in untouched version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back