Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I know this sounds ridiculous, but apparently I'm facing issues with getting my HDMI audio to work after coming from a clean installation.

I tried to follow the steps, but I strongly believe I probably committed a misstep somewhere. I've

I have attached all the information below. Any kind soul willing to take a stab at figuring my blunder?

Many thanks!

Also a couple of pretty suspicious screenshots

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 59
  • RehabMan.zip
    33.6 KB · Views: 56
  • ioreg_dump.ioreg
    5.3 MB · Views: 107
  • kextstat_output.txt
    214 bytes · Views: 59
  • clear_kextcache_output.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 77
  • Screen Shot 2015-12-08 at 11.18.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-08 at 11.18.44 AM.png
    97.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Screen Shot 2015-12-08 at 11.20.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-08 at 11.20.55 AM.png
    89.7 KB · Views: 64
Hi all,

I know this sounds ridiculous, but apparently I'm facing issues with getting my HDMI audio to work after coming from a clean installation.

I tried to follow the steps, but I strongly believe I probably committed a misstep somewhere. I've

I have attached all the information below. Any kind soul willing to take a stab at figuring my blunder?

Many thanks!

Also a couple of pretty suspicious screenshots

Problem in install_downloads.sh (FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext needs to be installed but is excluded).

Update the repo and run it again:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/y50.git
git pull
./install_downloads.sh

Problem in install_downloads.sh (FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext needs to be installed but is excluded).

Update the repo and run it again:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/y50.git
git pull
./install_downloads.sh

Hey Rehabman,

Saw your latest commits. Thanks for the fixes! HDMI Audio works now

Has anyone tried to update to 10.11.2 yet? Is it safe to update?

Keep in mind the updating instructions in post #1.

I am aware of that section, just want to get an idea how big a job this new update would be. 10.11.1 update was not too much trouble except I need to manually patch the frame buffer for UHD model. But some updates might be significant that more works are needed.

I really need help. I was following this guide [video=youtube;SLdCFLm9HTU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLdCFLm9HTU[/video] until I got DSDT's extracted with linux. Then I stumbled on your guide and did everything as instructed. upon rebooting OSX feels extremely sluggish and laggy. I suspect either the power saving or something got messed up with how osx utilizes IGPU. also even after rebuilding cache i still have no sound. If you have any instructions for me, please keep them newbie level, I'm still very new with osx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back