Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Y50 (UHD or 1080p) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I get clover boot loader to work.. I have OS X installed on my Lenovo Y50.. I downloaded Clover bootloader and installed it to the HDD.. i go to boot from clover and I just get a black screen when I try and boot from the HDD.. however if I use my flash drive boot loader it boots into os x fine. Perhaps in the clover installer I selected something I shouldn't have? In which case how do I remove clover completely from my HDD so that I can try and reinstall.

Last edited:
How do I get clover boot loader to work.. I have OS X installed on my Lenovo Y50.. I downloaded Clover bootloader and installed it to the HDD.. i go to boot from clover and I just get a black screen when I try and boot from the HDD.. however if I use my flash drive boot loader it boots into os x fine. Perhaps in the clover installer I selected something I shouldn't have? In which case how do I remove clover completely from my HDD so that I can try and reinstall.

You must configure Clover on the HDD same as you did for USB (drivers64UEFI, config.plist, kexts, etc).
Don't forget to fill out your profile as per guide.
(if you have UHD screen, you must also use invalid ig-platform-id until patching for DVMT-prealloc, pixel clock, framebuffer, etc is complete)

Mostly it is a matter of reading the guide carefully and following exactly...

ok I think i figured out what to do.. i mounted my efi partition and replaced the clover files

Last edited:
Hey @RehabMan,
What are your thoughts on installing 10.13dp2 with the current repo?
I recall it's still possible to keep hfs and update to apfs later (though I think clover supports it anyways)

Hey @RehabMan,
What are your thoughts on installing 10.13dp2 with the current repo?
I recall it's still possible to keep hfs and update to apfs later (though I think clover supports it anyways)

I don't have a Y50.
You should try it.

I don't have a Y50.
You should try it.

So updating works if you update clover and apfs.efi
But - trackpad pref isn't there
I saw you mention in another thread to add stuff in config.plist
But when I use the sudo ./mount_efi.sh command, it says volume / is not a gpt partition
Boots fine and holds previous settings though
Any thoughts on how to mount the efi systems drive?
Cheers

So updating works if you update clover and apfs.efi
But - trackpad pref isn't there
I saw you mention in another thread to add stuff in config.plist

Trackpad prefpane requires minor (and somewhat obvious) changes to the Info.plist for VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext.

But when I use the sudo ./mount_efi.sh command, it says volume / is not a gpt partition

mount_efi.sh does not work with APFS.
Use 'diskutil mount'.

One last thing,
So on boot, it seems that clover (4097) boots with verbose stuff which mentions mounting stuff before getting to clover screen. Is this part of clover? Or part of the apfs.efi?
Also, on clover boot screen, there are 2 options, boot from preboot or macOS. The latter seems to boot without any programs opening at startup, the former works as normal. What's up with that?

One last thing,
So on boot, it seems that clover (4097) boots with verbose stuff which mentions mounting stuff before getting to clover screen. Is this part of clover? Or part of the apfs.efi?

apfs.efi.

Also, on clover boot screen, there are 2 options, boot from preboot or macOS. The latter seems to boot without any programs opening at startup, the former works as normal. What's up with that?

Preboot is a separate partition part of the new apfs.efi stuff.
I don't know what the purpose is.
You can hide it with Clover config (custom entry, hidden).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back