Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo X250

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you be more specific or at least point me in the right direction? I followed the install guide carefully several times, and I still get the exact same result. Obviously I am missing something simple but I don't see it.

Can you be more specific or at least point me in the right direction? I followed the install guide carefully several times, and I still get the exact same result. Obviously I am missing something simple but I don't see it.

Your EFI/Clover is not at all what is suggested in the guide.

Hi ! I just wanted to ask, whether the X250 works flawlessly on Sierra/High Sierra. I'm currently running Sierra on a X230 and In the need of a bit more power and space I got me one of the new MacBooks Pros last week for a really good deal. Unfortunately I'm not really convinced by the fact working with an irreparable device in the dependence of alot of adapters (ThinkPad dock is just too smart) and, in case of hardware fail - of Apples service fees. But as I really like the software and even got used to the Trackpoint, which I now even prefer over Trackpad. I now have to decide whether I stay with the X230 and just upgrade RAM/SSD or go for the X250.

So - is the X250 worth an upgrade and is anyone running the FHD version (is touch functionality given?)? Another question: Is the fan as noisy as the X230?

Thanks in advance!
Best, Phil

Last edited:
Your ioreg shows Google Chrome hooking your USB ports.
See related topic in the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also, there are a few USB guides in the FAQ that you should become familiar with.

Absolutely correct, after disable the Chrome usb options bluetooth works as expected after sleep.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Now I'm working on the DOCK support.

All usb works, Ethernet works, DP works, DVI and VGA not.

When I plug the Vga the system preference detect the monitor and tell me the model but no image at all is shown. I think is "expected" as I read that the VGA is not supported by the macOS.

DVI it's a different story, when I plug it the screen flash to for a second, but there's no monitor detected on Sys pref panel.

I tried changing different Id on ig-platform-id but was useless or I don't encounter the correct one.

I Attach the ioregistry with the Dock attached.

Thanks

Attachments

• ioregistry.ioreg
    6.5 MB · Views: 148
Absolutely correct, after disable the Chrome usb options bluetooth works as expected after sleep.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Now I'm working on the DOCK support.

All usb works, Ethernet works, DP works, DVI and VGA not.

When I plug the Vga the system preference detect the monitor and tell me the model but no image at all is shown. I think is "expected" as I read that the VGA is not supported by the macOS.

DVI it's a different story, when I plug it the screen flash to for a second, but there's no monitor detected on Sys pref panel.

I tried changing different Id on ig-platform-id but was useless or I don't encounter the correct one.

I Attach the ioregistry with the Dock attached.

Thanks

You probably need to patch the framebuffer to accommodate the dock ports.
VGA is not likely to work.

You probably need to patch the framebuffer to accommodate the dock ports.
VGA is not likely to work.

Hi, finally I upgrade the Thinkpad Pro dock firmware on windows and then I boot in osx. Now all ports works OOB. Surprisingly even the Dock VGA works too. The dvi and VGA ports works "together", if you plug two displays it mirror the content on those ports, the DP works separately. You can have 2 external screens plus the internal one. ( internal + Dock VGA + DP) (internal + DOCK DVI + DP). There something strange, the laptop VGA does not work in any case. I prefer the DP, so no worries for me.

Thinkpad Dock Pro works 100% (VGA, DVI, DP, USB, ETH, AC power)
Just the Dock power button does not react, probably not linked to whatever ACPI function it need.

Now I need to fix the Function keys.

As I told you I have the brightness function keys duplicated.
I activate the debug log as your manual suggest and I obtain the following :

The good ones:
Real Key (Brightness down) F5 ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key e005=6b down
Real Key (Brightness up) F6 ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key e006=71 down

The weird ones:
Real Key (search button) [brightness up] F10 ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key 65=6b down
Real Key (something like a dock) [brightness down] F11 ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key 66=71 down

I need to remap those keys to spotlight and mission control for example.

I look at the VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard/Contents/Info.plist file, but I don't see any line were 6b and 71 are linked to the Function keys revealed by the log. There something I don't understand about the Info.plist structure, it speaks about dell, hp, probook, samsung and others, by I don't see a generic or the one I need to modify.

I'm a bit lost here.

Last edited:
The weird ones:
Real Key (search button) [brightness up] F10 ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key 65=6b down
Real Key (something like a dock) [brightness down] F11 ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key 66=71 down

Those keys (65 and 66) are ps2 codes for F14/F15.
You should expect them to activate brightness controls as those are the default assignments for those keys in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts.

You could map those ps2 codes to different PS2 codes with a config override SSDT:
Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "ps2", 0)
{
    External(_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, DeviceObj)
    Scope(_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K)
    {
        // overrides for VoodooPS2 configuration...
        Name(RMCF, Package()
        {
            "Keyboard", Package()
            {
                "Custom PS2 Map", Package()
                {
                    Package(){},
                    "65=67", // map F14 -> F16
                    "66=68", // map F15 -> F17
                },
            },
        })
    }
}
//EOF

The specific codes you might use really depend on whether there are other keys that generate those same codes (eg. finding an unused set of ps2 codes).

Those keys (65 and 66) are ps2 codes for F14/F15.
You should expect them to activate brightness controls as those are the default assignments for those keys in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts.

You could map those ps2 codes to different PS2 codes with a config override SSDT:
Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "ps2", 0)
{
    External(_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, DeviceObj)
    Scope(_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K)
    {
        // overrides for VoodooPS2 configuration...
        Name(RMCF, Package()
        {
            "Keyboard", Package()
            {
                "Custom PS2 Map", Package()
                {
                    Package(){},
                    "65=67", // map F14 -> F16
                    "66=68", // map F15 -> F17
                },
            },
        })
    }
}
//EOF

The specific codes you might use really depend on whether there are other keys that generate those same codes (eg. finding an unused set of ps2 codes).

I tried adding the code on the ssdt but it does not work as expected, it's like it's not applying. The keys acts as before. :think:

I tried to change the function of the keys behind SysPref/keyboard/shortcuts but when I applied a different function it's change on both keys at the same time. It's like the keys are linked in somehow.

Attachments

• ssdt.aml
    1.9 KB · Views: 213
  • ssdt.dsl
    10.4 KB · Views: 222
  • Kextcache.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 191
  • x250BluetoothKO.ioreg
    6.6 MB · Views: 141
  • x250BluetoothOK.ioreg
    7.2 MB · Views: 165
Last edited: