Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo V510-15ikb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading this post I SOLVED for the output of HDMI

I have to change the id-platform-ig 5916 instead of 591B and it works.

Now I have to test the audio from the hdmi and why the resolution not go on 4k monitor, but I have -cdfon at boot and set enable-hdmi20 to 1 and disable disable-external-gpu

Hey!

Are you still holding onto your v510-15ikb? I have the same problem and I know the reason behind this.
It is because we need a 64mb framebuffer for macos to enable higher resolutions.
Our bios is rewrite protected and locked. The only workaround known to me was to use the minstolensize patch which I believe is not working at all with whatevergreen.

Btw I am currently running Catalina preview and have most things working including bluetooth, sleep is unreliable though.

Would love to find a way to enable 4k30 output, I'm running a windows dual boot because of this limitation.

I think we have a 32mb framebuffer size set in bios, 64mb and up enables 4k.
about catalina, I can share my clover folder if interested.

I tried directly editing the appleintelsklframebuffer driver binary (Find: 764048FF 05
Replace: EB4048FF 05) and disabling the patches from whatevergreen just to end up with a kernel panic. This either simply doesn't work anymore or it doesn't work with whatevergreen.

This is my current opencore folder I'm using for Catalina. Likely works for Mojave as well.

Attachments

• EFIOC.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 153
Hi @Stalkiee @RehabMan
almost complete success

my device is different from the device in the v310-15ISK i5 6200u HD520

I'm using the efi file of the guide and I have a problem. After the installation everything works but the touchpad keyboard does not work after reboot. I've been working for a while since the DSDT is fully compatible because the windows sleep mode is running and there is no disk sound problem. I'll share below If this is dsdt the touchpad keyboard is stolen alone, but what I did is a disk sound issue that does not work properly in sleep mode.

Google translate turkish

dsdt ssdt I've taken out myself dsl file is also played in (not patched)
Do you have you clover folder? I can´t boot into installer!

@Stalkiee patches along with the patches I added may be the difference

@Stalkiee what kind of patches you added
could you help me?
I think I have the same notebook as you and I can't boot the mojave installer, my screen freezes!

My notebook is a Lenovo V310-15IKS i5-6200u Intel HD 520 80SY.
If you have your clover folder, could you share it? Please!

I will appreciate it a lot !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back