Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo V510-15ikb

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try to use hdmi ( adapter hdmi to dvi ) and the mac reboot. If i try to use hdmi the osx reboot.
I attach log

Attachments

• debug_16318.zip
    2 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I try to understand.
My problem is when i try to use the HDMI the system reboot. I read the guide , and i also try first to edit the AppleIntelFramebuffer@2 because I see on IORegistryExplorer my IGPU@2.
I see this not work, and after i edit all the 3 AppleInterFrameBuffer to enable and set framebuffer-con2-pipe=<12 00 00 00> because of the reboot for all 3 of the IntelFrameBuffer , but also when i try to use hdmi the system reboot.
I attach the log file.
What I wrong?

Attachments

• debug_30976.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 53
Specifications:
UPDATE 2018.12.01
I rebuilt my EFI folder and plist, also replaced acpibatterymanager for smcbatterymanager. Now the system is far more stable.

Also cpufriend is used because with native power management the idle clock speed is 1300mhz, with the cpufriend kexts i edited the frequency vector so the lowest achievable clock speed is below 700mhz which helps a lot with the battery.

I also try to do this but without success.
My steps are :

1) remove ACPIBatteryManager.kext from L.E.
2) Add necessary kext ( CPUFriend / VirtualSMC.kext / CPUFriendDataProvider.kext / SMCBatteryManager.kext / SMCLightSensor.kext / SMCProcessor.kext / SMCProcessor.kext / SMCSuperIO.kext )
3) Rebuild kext ( sudo kextcache -i / )
4) Copy VirtualSmc.efi on drivers64UEFI
5) Repatch the ACPI saved with F4 on cloverefi and apply all the patch but without battery patch for lenovo.
6) replace the config.plist with one on the topic.

After the first reboot work the hdmi but not the wifi, afterthis on the next reboot the system hang on the BRM kext and i have to start with "new installation" to restore the OLD efi partition and remove the kext from LE and replace with the original.

I try to understand.
My problem is when i try to use the HDMI the system reboot. I read the guide , and i also try first to edit the AppleIntelFramebuffer@2 because I see on IORegistryExplorer my IGPU@2.
I see this not work, and after i edit all the 3 AppleInterFrameBuffer to enable and set framebuffer-con2-pipe=<12 00 00 00> because of the reboot for all 3 of the IntelFrameBuffer , but also when i try to use hdmi the system reboot.
I attach the log file.
What I wrong?

Make sure you patch connector-type as appropriate for the physical connector(s).

I also try to do this but without success.
My steps are :

1) remove ACPIBatteryManager.kext from L.E.
2) Add necessary kext ( CPUFriend / VirtualSMC.kext / CPUFriendDataProvider.kext / SMCBatteryManager.kext / SMCLightSensor.kext / SMCProcessor.kext / SMCProcessor.kext / SMCSuperIO.kext )
3) Rebuild kext ( sudo kextcache -i / )
4) Copy VirtualSmc.efi on drivers64UEFI
5) Repatch the ACPI saved with F4 on cloverefi and apply all the patch but without battery patch for lenovo.
6) replace the config.plist with one on the topic.

After the first reboot work the hdmi but not the wifi, afterthis on the next reboot the system hang on the BRM kext and i have to start with "new installation" to restore the OLD efi partition and remove the kext from LE and replace with the original.

Keep in mind that VirtualSMC.kext and FakeSMC.kext are mutually exclusive.

Before to re-apply all the task i've listed, it's correct? Because after do the list my osx not boot and I have to start from usb to recover with the terminal. The problem to boot it's possible only to have the FakeSMC.kext together the VirtualSMC ?
Other info : I install the kext in system Library, i can try to use the usb boot with the kext need to test the configuration before install on the L.E. ?

For now I'd like only to work hdmi , I try to compare the my config.plist to other on the first post that I have tried and hdmi work but not other. Now i try but i have already reboot. I edit only the part on pci device .

I attach the log

Attachments

• debug_18176.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 61
The problem to boot it's possible only to have the FakeSMC.kext together the VirtualSMC ?

FakeSMC.kext and VirtualSMC.kext are mutually exclusive. You need to decide which one you're going to use and stick with it (and only it) exclusively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back