Camera: HD Webcam

BIOS Settings:
Disable Secure Boot
Disable Legacy Boot

What doesn't work:
WiFi*
Card reader**
Brightness keys do not work

*Replace with Broadcom BCM94352Z (Lenovo FRU)
**Currently experimenting with ways to make it work

Installation
Check rehabmans guide, I have attached my Clover zip that you can use.

We need to fake Skylake graphics because kaby lake framebuffer driver in Mojave does not seem to support eDP connection type for our internal display so we end up with a black screen w backlight. You can try for yourself ;) I wasted plenty of hours trying to find a solution but seemingly this is the only workaround

Post Installation

Install the latest Clover to SSD. Mount the EFI partition from terminal with "sudo mkdir /Volumes/EFI" and "sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI" assuming macOS is installed to drive 0. (Use "diskutil list" to list all storage devices and partitions). Copy the config, kexts, drivers64uefi and ssdt's from acpi patched to internal EFI partition. Use kextbeast to install kexts from L:E.zip to /Library/Extensions and install CodecCommander to System/Library/Extensions.

Read rehabman's guide how to extract, disassemble and edit your dsdt:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Apply Lenovo-V510-15IKB battery patch, usb_prw_0x6d skylake patch and audio layout 3 (change layout to 15). See if it compiles without errors (it should, warnings are normal) and go to File - Save as and change file format to ACPI Machine Language Binary. Save your DSDT.aml to acpi/patched.

Enjoy!

UPDATE 2018.12.01
I rebuilt my EFI folder and plist, also replaced acpibatterymanager for smcbatterymanager. Now the system is far more stable.

Also cpufriend is used because with native power management the idle clock speed is 1300mhz, with the cpufriend kexts i edited the frequency vector so the lowest achievable clock speed is below 700mhz which helps a lot with the battery.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    30.1 MB · Views: 273
  • LE.zip
    49.4 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
I have this notebook. I can start from USB pemn drive with cloverefi and can Install the first part of Mojave on external USB Disk.
After reboot, if I select the "Boot Install Mojave" from the external Disk USB the cloverefi stuck at End Randomseen without ++++.
If I start from the USB Pen Drive I can start but i start a new install.
My question is : Is possible to install mojave on external USB disk or is only to SSD/HDD on sata/nvme connector?

I have this notebook. I can start from USB pemn drive with cloverefi and can Install the first part of Mojave on external USB Disk.
After reboot, if I select the "Boot Install Mojave" from the external Disk USB the cloverefi stuck at End Randomseen without ++++.
If I start from the USB Pen Drive I can start but i start a new install.
My question is : Is possible to install mojave on external USB disk or is only to SSD/HDD on sata/nvme connector?

You have a different setup of Clover on your SSD EFI vs. USB EFI?

You have a different setup of Clover on your SSD EFI vs. USB EFI?

no because i use the same for boot, USB EFI.
I have to terminate the install of mojave but I can't boot after the first stage . I use always the boot from USB EFI with the same config.plist

RehabMan first I'd like to thank you for the patience you have with all of people ask here your help.

I resolve the issue not using the usb disk . If I use the sata disk the installation gone without problem .

But now I have other problem .

Like the guide :

I download kextbeast 2.0.2 and install the ktext tell in the guide (LE.zip and codecommencder).

After I use this guide to try to apply the other 3 patch

1) I use F4 on the start of cloverefi to obtaining the ACPI file in the original path

2) After I download the RehabMan-MaciASL-2018-0507.zip and the binary of iasl61.zip and iasl.zip.

3)I do the :
Extract the aml to dst with :

iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml

4) Change the iasl inside the package MaciASL with the zip ( I try also with iasl61 and iasl.zip substitute the iasl62 )

sudo cp /usr/bin/iasl /Applications/MaciASL.app/Contents/MacOS/iasl62

5)Open the MaciASL and open the file DSDT.dsl and try to apply the first patch ( example the Lenovo-V510-15IKB battery patch), and the applay goes fine, but after if I try to compile ( on the MaciASL is select on the option iasl62) I have a lot of error on to much line).

I have to try other iasl? Where is the problem to compile?

Thank you.

RehabMan first I'd like to thank you for the patience you have with all of people ask here your help.

I resolve the issue not using the usb disk . If I use the sata disk the installation gone without problem .

But now I have other problem .

Like the guide :

I download kextbeast 2.0.2 and install the ktext tell in the guide (LE.zip and codecommencder).

After I use this guide to try to apply the other 3 patch

1) I use F4 on the start of cloverefi to obtaining the ACPI file in the original path

2) After I download the RehabMan-MaciASL-2018-0507.zip and the binary of iasl61.zip and iasl.zip.

3)I do the :
Extract the aml to dst with :

iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml

4) Change the iasl inside the package MaciASL with the zip ( I try also with iasl61 and iasl.zip substitute the iasl62 )

sudo cp /usr/bin/iasl /Applications/MaciASL.app/Contents/MacOS/iasl62

5)Open the MaciASL and open the file DSDT.dsl and try to apply the first patch ( example the Lenovo-V510-15IKB battery patch), and the applay goes fine, but after if I try to compile ( on the MaciASL is select on the option iasl62) I have a lot of error on to much line).

I have to try other iasl? Where is the problem to compile?

Thank you.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Here my dump of my system .

Also I try to work for audio but doesn't work :(

Attachments

• debug_25209.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 170
Here my dump of my system .

Also I try to work for audio but doesn't work :(

I disassembled as per guide: iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml
Opened DSDT.dsl in MaciASL. Clicked Compile. Result: no errors.
Applied battery patch you mentioned. Clicked Compile. Result: no errors.

how I can fix it?

Because (if I understand) the Lilu plugin I take from the L.E.zip . I have to take the last release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back