Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo V330-15IKB using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
my system profile here!

PLEASE HELP Me!!!
Here's a zip of what's in my clover folder. I have deleted the SMBIOS section from my plist - so you'd have to add yours to it. Also note I use FakeSMC so you might need to adapt.

Attachments

• LNVNB161216.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 140
Does the B156 work natively for you without issues? With backlight support as well? I am going to upgrade my display on a G50-80 and wondering if I'll have to work on getting backlight to work.

I didn't see any new kext structure folder on Clover_v2.5k_r5101
second issue I have
my VoodoI2C touchpad don't work during installation but with Opencore work my touchpad during installation
my touch was working earlier version of clover boot loader I think this is kext injection bug
when I install VoodoI2C.kext in system L/E then work fine
Are you have working VoodoI2C.kext during instalation

VoodoI2C.kext v2.3 is not working during installation but with Opencore worked
VoodooI2C was working fine during installation earlier version of clover
i think that something has been changed in clover bootloader

I also tested with rehanbman's Clover_v2.4k_r4701.RM-4963.ca6cca7c worked fine during installation and post installation
I think that clover has changed something related VoodooI2C or bug
please test voodooI2C.kext v2.3 during installation

Hi, I'm glad to see there's recent activity in this thread (there seems to be several Lenovo V330 threads here, though). Lenovo had a $450 doorbuster for the V330 so this is my new laptop. The keyboard is sure worse than HP. A Bluetooth keyboard and trackpad might be good future accessories.

Unibeast (Mojave) worked almost with no modification. But this is 2019. The Lenovo came with 12 GB of RAM, which was problem. I had to specify the physical RAM configuration in Clover's config.plist. If anyone else with more than 8 GB of RAM is having trouble getting your Lenovo V330 to boot, let me know and I'll post the method in detail.

Also, this is 2019, and the physical configuration of the V330-15IKB seems to be different from what's been described in earlier posts. This one has no AMD Radeon graphics. I have two type A USB ports and one type C port.

The trackpad on this laptop just doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have a recently manufactured V330 (similar configuration to mine) and got your trackpad to work? FWIW the ACPI ID comes up as TPD0, so that's how different the currently sold hardware is.

I am the same problem , I can't get my to boot. I have the Lenovo V330-15IKB Intel Core i7-8550U version. Looks like everyone here are using the i5 version of the laptop.

Hi, I'm glad to see there's recent activity in this thread (there seems to be several Lenovo V330 threads here, though). Lenovo had a $450 doorbuster for the V330 so this is my new laptop. The keyboard is sure worse than HP. A Bluetooth keyboard and trackpad might be good future accessories.

Unibeast (Mojave) worked almost with no modification. But this is 2019. The Lenovo came with 12 GB of RAM, which was problem. I had to specify the physical RAM configuration in Clover's config.plist. If anyone else with more than 8 GB of RAM is having trouble getting your Lenovo V330 to boot, let me know and I'll post the method in detail.

Also, this is 2019, and the physical configuration of the V330-15IKB seems to be different from what's been described in earlier posts. This one has no AMD Radeon graphics. I have two type A USB ports and one type C port.

The trackpad on this laptop just doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have a recently manufactured V330 (similar configuration to mine) and got your trackpad to work? FWIW the ACPI ID comes up as TPD0, so that's how different the currently sold hardware is.

I would love see your method how you got it working. Happy New Year and thank you.

Hi,

thanks for the guide.... almost everything working with Catalina... touchpad Synaptics not working. :banghead:

Attachments

• Synaptics.jpg
    Synaptics.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 91
I have Lenovo Ideapaq 330-15ikb i3-8130U Laptop, I have it working very well as macOS Catalina and High Sierra. I had the Trackpaq working but because of an accident I had to update the BIOS, and now the trackpaq stopped working, I have little experience in creating DSDT and that's why I ask for help, I leave a copy of my native DSDT for those who can help me.

Attachments

• origin.zip
    53 KB · Views: 83
  • Richard’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    11.7 MB · Views: 87
what happen if i download mac os majave in my computer without a mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back