Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo V330-15IKB using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything working part from HDMI. Its crashes when I unplug it. Also can't see any temps from the CPU.
My friend tried sorting it out but not luck.

Lenovo V330-15IKB 15.6" Intel Core i7-8550U, 20GB RAM, 256GB NVME, 500GB SSD, AMD Radeon 530 2GB Graphics DW1830: 81AX012SUK

Attachments

• Send me Andrews-MacBook-Pro.zip
    6 MB · Views: 86
Hi @Sniki !

I tried to install my laptop with the closest guide which is your I guess (Whiskey Lake, UHD620 and cheap TN display panel) !

Thanks to you I managed to boot Clover then macOs setup then .... I got a black screen ... which is fact is the setup screen but with no backlight !!!
I can see the Apple logo for a few seconds while booting then it disappear ... but still there if you look closely
In verbose mode same for text.
What is weird is that I have some random flash where backlight works for a few milliseconds where I can see the screen normally.
Quite frustrating in fact.

Since then I tried a lot of things, using different Clover build (RehabMan, official ...), tried to inject/not inject Intel, EDID, disable/enable nvidia (it seems to have a mysterious Nvidia MX230 with optimus, but even windows dont find it ...). I even tried to setup AppleBacklightFixup for booting with no luck (but I may have installed it wrong).

Any Idea, I am a bit despaired after 3 days of trying anything.

I attached my ACPI dump.

Many thanks for your help !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Specs :
i5-8265U / Whiskey Lake
Intel UHD 620
14" Touch TN Panel
Nvidia MX230 (from the Lenovo specs, but driver do not install in windows and I dont see it in graphics card)
Realtek sound chipset (ALC230)
Qualcom Arethros wifi chipset (QCA9377 => to be changed when I will be able to boot :) )
Ports : HDMI, SDCARD, 1 USB-c, 2 USB 3

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    82.4 KB · Views: 76
Hi @Sniki !

I tried to install my laptop with the closest guide which is your I guess (Whiskey Lake, UHD620 and cheap TN display panel) !

Thanks to you I managed to boot Clover then macOs setup then .... I got a black screen ... which is fact is the setup screen but with no backlight !!!
I can see the Apple logo for a few seconds while booting then it disappear ... but still there if you look closely
In verbose mode same for text.
What is weird is that I have some random flash where backlight works for a few milliseconds where I can see the screen normally.
Quite frustrating in fact.

Since then I tried a lot of things, using different Clover build (RehabMan, official ...), tried to inject/not inject Intel, EDID, disable/enable nvidia (it seems to have a mysterious Nvidia MX230 with optimus, but even windows dont find it ...). I even tried to setup AppleBacklightFixup for booting with no luck (but I may have installed it wrong).

Any Idea, I am a bit despaired after 3 days of trying anything.

I attached my ACPI dump.

Many thanks for your help !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Specs :
i5-8265U / Whiskey Lake
Intel UHD 620
14" Touch TN Panel
Nvidia MX230 (from the Lenovo specs, but driver do not install in windows and I dont see it in graphics card)
Realtek sound chipset (ALC230)
Qualcom Arethros wifi chipset (QCA9377 => to be changed when I will be able to boot :) )
Ports : HDMI, SDCARD, 1 USB-c, 2 USB 3
I will check your files and try to help you out later today when i go home.
Whiskey Lake uses another framebuffer and device id
Mine is KabyLake R and yours is WhiskeyLake therefore problems are expected.

I will check your files and try to help you out later today when i go home.
Whiskey Lake uses another framebuffer and device id
Mine is KabyLake R and yours is WhiskeyLake therefore problems are expected.

Now I have hope :)
Thanks for your help !!

That laptop will work with Catalina?

@minihack i did make a major cleanup on the config.plist and SSDTs that i will hopefully be uploading the changes tonight as locally i completed 95% of the work.
I added support for Dual Batteries and added the BAT0 and BAT1 notifiers renames to BATC.
This way you have working hotswap capability and reads the values as combined and reports battery accordingly.
Mine is lasting about 7-8 hours which is amazing and exceeded my expectations.

Also send me your PCI address of your nvme drive, i think i have some values that you can inject for power management on NVME and see if they work.

Removed a massive chunk of bloat from config.plist that was unnecessary and some unneeded patches and fixes that were enabled and not necessary.

Disabled touchpad functions for VoodooPS2 so they don't probe and search for touchpad and only use keyboard component
(Since we have touchpad functionality with VoodooI2C).

Fixed Graphics framebuffer patches so we can use now KabyLake framebuffer instead of the spoofed skylake ones.

Huge cleanup on SSDTs as well.
I will let everyone refer to github commits to see the changes as it's too long to read and to write here.

Technically what is left to be done is someone that does have a 4K monitor or TV to test and add LSPCON correct framebuffer patches for 60fps 4k support, but i think i can do that on my own by going to tv service/shop nearby that some friends work and connect it there on the showcased tv on sale and figure out what mode it uses and add the patches.

These latest changes should be as optimised as it can possibly get right now.
From the next update i assume i will start working on OpenCore (hint: i already have it working on my V330-15IKB) and other setups.

Last edited:
I have a similar, Lenovo 330s, and when i try to boot on Catalina installation, but show a kernel panic! What's wrong? Can you help me?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 69
I have a similar, Lenovo 330s, and when i try to boot on Catalina installation, but show a kernel panic! What's wrong? Can you help me?
Reboot and on Clover Boot Menu Press F2 and F4 + Fn+F2 and Fn+F4, attach new Clover folder.

Also if you can post a screenshot of your laptop screen when it kernel panics it would be nice.

please provide me your OpenCore's EFI For V330-15IKB because I m waiting for your OpenCore's fixes to V330-15IKB
particularly I need trackpad patches for OpenCore bootloader order to work VoodoI2C.kext
trackpad was working like charm with your SSDT-I2C.aml in Clover bottloader but no luck OpenCore I think OpenCore doesn't support Tgtbridge patches
I attached my worked SSDT-I2C.aml with TgtBridge patches I hope that you will solve my trackpad for OpenCore Bootloader Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 10.07.51 PM.png
English is not my native language my native language is arabic Sorry for my poor English
I hope you will reply
your sincerely

Attachments

• SSDT-I2C.aml
    487 bytes · Views: 103
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back