Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo V330-15IKB using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi to everyone,

I Follow this guide, adding some modifications to fit my model exactly (AX81), have a question for you, my lap temp is between 55º and 65º Celsius, are these temperatures normal?
Also i saw that these model of processor works at full 3.10ghz when in Windows it goes from 1.6ghz to ful throotle 3.10ghz in some tasks, did somebody made a SSDT to patch this?
I took a screen shot just as a side by side comparison from your photo of HW monitor compared to mine. You can see my system is running a lot cooler, but also at moment of screen capture my CPU multiplier is stepping correctly and not using too much CPU grunt (!). Maybe you are not getting speedstep and need to ensure you have in Clover Configurator view of config.plist under section ACPI/SSDT/Plugintype selected as shown.
comparison.png
cloverconfig.png

Hi, great work!
Can you help me with touchpad synaptic? I have Lenovo v330-14ikb on synaptic touchpad i2c. It does not works. I use OSX Mojave 10.14.5, all works fine, another touchpad. I attache report (help with automatic script black.dragon74). Thank you!

Attachments

• debug_28171.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 63
Did you add VoodooI2c.kext and VoodooI2CSyncaptics.kext?

Actually my setup also same with @usenkov999
I try voodoo i2c with voodoo synaptics kext, still doesn't work, eventhough i'll try with i2c + HID can't work also.

Model lenovo v330-14ikb
Processor: i5-8250u
Graphics: intel uhd620
Ssd: nvme xpg adata 8200 256gb
Memory: 4gb internal(soldered) + 8gb adata 2400mhz
Wifi: usb wifi dongle tplink t2u plus
Wifi n bt internal: atheros (from lenovo)
Touchpad: i2c synaptics HID(check in speecy windows 10)
Macos: mojave 10.4.5

Did you add VoodooI2c.kext and VoodooI2CSyncaptics.kext?
ofcourse! Also I try patch my DSDT with Maciasl to enable gpio.Resault IORegistryExplorer see my tp, but it not work.
Снимок экрана 2019-08-04 в 4.12.18.png

ofcourse! Also I try patch my DSDT with Maciasl to enable gpio.Resault IORegistryExplorer see my tp, but it not work.View attachment 420230
Your voodoo synaptics kext is not loaded. Take a look at my post here to get an idea on edits you might need to make to the synaptics kext to make it load.

Your voodoo synaptics kext is not loaded. Take a look at my post here to get an idea on edits you might need to make to the synaptics kext to make it load.
you are genius! i read all your posts, edit plist synaptics kext, put all 4 kexts (i2chid,syn, etc.) and tp is working! but very strange, arrow alltime is move, i cant stop it! :D, its unreal to control it. I look ioreg and see that kext i2chid is loaded! I remove i2chid, and my tp no more work... I put into clover-acpi-patched your ssdt-v330.aml. I dont understand, why synaptics.kext is not loaded.
Снимок экрана 2019-08-06 в 14.57.05.png

Last edited:
Hi, I have a v330 15IKB with an ELAN touchpad that it's not working. I noticed that all voodooi2c kexts load except for the voodooI2CELAN.kext wich shows as not loaded. I've checked permissions and ownership of all kexts in /Library/Extensions/ and rebuilt kext cache but it's still not working. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, I have a v330 15IKB with an ELAN touchpad that it's not working. I noticed that all voodooi2c kexts load except for the voodooI2CELAN.kext wich shows as not loaded. I've checked permissions and ownership of all kexts in /Library/Extensions/ and rebuilt kext cache but it's still not working. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hi, on page 9, you can find instructions how fix kext for touchpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back