Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo V330-15IKB using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi @inspecteur6 could you please explain how have you reached the installer screen? it seems that I have the same problem. Thanks.
@Joyfult I downloaded the clover file someone posted replaced my clover and then it booted, but no SSD seen. After that i messed up the lot and now same problem again. Cannot get past Apple logo. Sorry I cant help you.

@Joyfult I downloaded the clover file someone posted replaced my clover and then it booted, but no SSD seen. After that i messed up the lot and now same problem again. Cannot get past Apple logo. Sorry I cant help you.
Thank you @inspecteur6 let's wait @Sniki to check our posts and update the guide and / or his github files (if necessary) as I think that the config.plist is the one that is actually giving this problem. I have reached the installer screen using another config.plist from a @Sniki old post and after the installation, I have the following problems:

no audio
poor graphic quality
no trackpad

Don't know if it is normal as I followed the guide step by step from beginning to end.

I'll post problems reporting files later on.

Last edited:
Hi @Sniki got a bit off a problem have a lenovo ideapad 330s installed everything got it booted and installed the kexts and clover however the laptop wont boot up to os x it gets stuck on a circle with a cross going through it i have uploaded some pics

Lenovo Ideapad 330s-15IKB i5-8250U
Intel UHD 620

Please help as I have re installed os x using your method twice but still get that error message

Pics attached

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 114
I got Lenovo V330-15IKB, intel i7-8550U CPU, 1.80GHz. I followed the guide and I don’t have the option of formatting USB Drive as HFS+J with GPT partition table in my macOS Sierra Hackintosh I have. So I used macOS extended journal & GUID partition map... and it kinda works and I can see the Apple logo (installation part) but then my laptop shuts down and restart.. please help :(

Hi @Sniki Thanks a lot for your guide. I (mis)used this guide for my new Ideapad 330S-15KIB which I hope is the same, at least almost to your V330-15KIB. I followed the guide and got things running, but not completely as I hoped. First I didn't have sound, I had it this weekend with a config.plist I downloaded from a post whre someone also was trying to get his/her 330S up and running. If I put that config.plist in the EFI/Clover folder I have my sound back. Further I don't get the mouse/trackpad working.
In the NoSound situation, according installation as described in this guide, the VoodooPS2Mouse and VoodooPS2Trackpad both are loaded versions 1.9.2. I’m probably missing something but I don’t see what. Please some advice how to get such a wonderful working list as you have. I’m so jealous !

Attachments

• SoundOK-debug_15548.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 89
  • SoundNO-debug_24964.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 67
Hi, I followed all the USB preparation instructions and the laptop's BIOS can't recognize my usb drive. Did I do something wrong?

I removed the voodoops2controller.kext, only left in /L/E are voodooi2c voodooi2celan and voodoo2chid but now NO keyboard anymore and also the elan kext still doesn't load. Loaded in System information extensions are voodooi2c voodoogpio voodooi2chid and voodooi2cservices. The only not loading voodoo is the elan. Is my 330S perhaps different from the V330 version ?

@Sniki Should I disable AMD Radeon Graphic card from BIOS or just leave it like that?

Last edited:
Hey @Sniki thank you for your work with that nice guide! Its good to follow, though I cant make it to the installer.

My problem is, that I don't get past the apple logo after booting into the USB and clicking install mojave.
What I already did/tried:
-> BIOS configured (Secure boot disabled, Intel virtual tech disabled, Intel platform trust tech disabled, Intel SGX "software controlled", Boot mode UEFI, USB boot enabled, OS optimized defaults disabled)
-> Verbose Flag (see screenshot, it hangs at "end randomseed")
-> USB 2.0 drive instead of 3.0 (but still plugged into 3.0 port since there is no 2.0 port available)
-> Unibeast (just to see if I can make it to the installer, but didn't work)
-> instead of AptioMemoryFix-64 I tried it with OsxAptioFix3Drv-64 and OsxAptioFix3Drv-64 (haven't tried without aptio fix at all)

@Joyfult you mentioned that there is something (smbios) wrong in the config.plist and you got past the apple logo, but what exactly did you do? I mean, the version 14,1 is ok I think, because thats the equivalent to Kaby Lake processors. One thing I could try more is to write version 14,2 within Sniki's config file, since that was the default when I made the bootloader with Unibeast. But I can't really believe that this has something to do with the problem. I hope someone here has another good idea what to try. I'd be more than happy.

Attachments

• end randomseed.jpeg
    end randomseed.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 128
I mean, the version 14,1 is ok I think, because thats the equivalent to Kaby Lake processors. One thing I could try more is to write version 14,2 within Sniki's config file, since that was the default when I made the bootloader with Unibeast.
Ok, I tried some more variations of Drivers64UEFI but no success, also no success with smbios 14,2 in config.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back