i7-3770
Graphics
Intel HD 3000 | GTX 1650 LP
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Overview
Welcome to my Lenovo V330-15IKB macOS Mojave guide.
This laptop is a budget laptop with great upgrade capabilities and excellent macOS compatibility.
Aside from the small battery and bad display that can be upgrade for a cheap price this laptop does pack some power and features that not every laptop can fit on such a cheap price while having perfect macOS compatibility.
I use Clover UEFI hotpatch method instead of static maciASL patching as it's the future of hackintosh and allows everyone to use my files without having to go dump, extract and apply each patch individually which is a necessary process to be also repeated even if you touched a single setting on your Bios or hardware change.
Hotpatch method does not have this problem and offers versatility even on Bios changes, Hardware Upgrades and small differences that each model of these laptops have between each other.

My Laptop Specifications

• Intel core i5 - 8250U Quad Core CPU (KabyLake R)
  • Intel UHD 620 Graphics
  • 8GB DDR4 - 2400MHz Ram
  • 15.6" Full HD IPS Display (Upgraded)
  • ELAN (I2C) TouchPad with Multi-Gestures
  • BCM94360CS2 Apple Wireless and Bluetooth Card (Upgraded)
  • 2 x USB-C ports & 2 x USB 3.0 Ports
  • HDMI & VGA Display Port
  • SD Card Reader
  • Samsung 850 Pro 256GB 2.5" SSD

Upgrades
Below i listed some possible upgrades for Lenovo V330-15IKB that can make your experience more pleasant.

Display
The display panels that Lenovo has put on these laptops is very bad in terms of viewing angles, brightness and colors.
Luckily we do have some excellent Display Panels that we can buy to turn the "UGLY" into a "BEAUTY" for our eyes.

B156HAN01.1 or B156HAN01.2 This is the best display panel you can get for this laptop to replace the bad one:
  • It has IPS Technology compared to the LCD-TFT
  • It has Brightness of 300 nits compared to the 220
  • It has 700:1 Contrast ratio
  • It has much better colors 72% (CIE1931) compared to 45% (CIE1931)
Differences between B156HAN01.1 and B156HAN01.2 are very minimal, just minimal power consumption changes.
B156HAN01.1 Link 2

NVME
This laptop does have NVME slot which you can fit a Fast SSD into to make your laptop work blazing fast
Some of the NVME drives that i do recommend are listed down below from the best to the other good options:

PM961 This is a fast NVME drive and does come with some models of this laptop depending on order.
It is well supported on macOS and one of the fastest if not the fastest available yet.

Intel 660P This is also a great NVME drive option, it is not as fast as PM961 but it is much cheaper which you can get more storage from it compared to PM961 and still 3-4x faster than a standard 2.5" SSD Drive.

Battery
Unfortunately the builtin battery has small capacity for this laptop and for my usage doesn't last more than 2 hours.
I use my laptop almost every time on Full Brightness level because i love colors, so your usage may vary from mine.
Luckily we have the Optical Drive slot that we can use it to fit a secondary Lenovo Battery that has 1.5x the capacity of the Internal one which should help us boost the battery life from 2 to 6 hours which is a decent upgrade.
Secondary (UltraBay) Battery: this is the UltraBay battery that you put in the Optical Drive slot.

Optical Drive Cover for UltraBay Battery: you may want to get also this one to make it look like optical drive and to have the good visual same looking color as the battery doesn't have that and it will look like a part/cover of the laptop is missing.

Wireless and Bluetooth card
Unfortunately the Intel Wireless and Bluetooth card that comes with this laptop is not supported on macOS.
Luckily this laptop has no Whitelist to require Bios Mod in order to remove that restriction so we can just replace the Wireless and Bluetooth card with on of the listed compatible cards in the list down below:

BCM94360CS2: This card is the one available on real Macbook and Macbook Pro and has two antenna connectors.
It needs the NGFF adapter in order to be able to use it in our laptops that have NGFF slots if there is enough room or space to fit it without getting in the way for the cover or any other part of the laptop.
(Haven't tested because i don't have this laptop anymore, web pictures of laptop interior show that there should be enough room to fit it, you may only need to trim or cut the last part of the NGFF adapter to fit it perfectly)
Note: BCM94360CS2 is natively fully supported on macOS without using any kext at all wether for WiFi or Bluetooth.
All features like HandOff, Continuity, Instant Hotspot, Universal Clipboard should work without a single issue.

DW1830: This card has 802.11AC Dual Band Wireless Support and Bluetooth 4.1 LE and it should be cheaper than the DW1560 model, the other advantage is that it has native ID(s) which works out of the box in macOS.
The only downside is that it has 3 antenna connectors and T440S does have only two antennas.
That shouldn't be a hard workaround as you can order an antenna from AliExpress for super cheap price or just use the two connectors and leave one empty as people reported having it working correctly even like that.

DW1820A: This card has also been flying under the radar recently on many forums and seems to work well.
Note: be careful and only pick the model from the link that i attached as the other models with different IDs seem to have issues with kernel panics and random disconnects, the one i attached on the link is the correct one.
The model that you should look for is the one with the part number: CN-0VW3T3
The two other variants with part number starting with: CN-096JNT and CN-08PKF4 seems to be problematic.

DW1560: This card has 802.11AC Dual Band Wireless Support and Bluetooth 4.0 LE it recently became more expensive which i think is due to the fact that the number of existing cards is being reduced thus becoming rare.

What works
  • Intel UHD 620 Graphics QE/CI
  • USB and USB-C Ports
  • Realtek Ethernet
  • Audio (All Inputs & Outputs)
  • Sleep and Wake
  • HDMI and HDMI Audio
  • VGA / D-Sub Port
  • Dual Band AC Wireless 2.4GHz & 5GHz
  • Bluetooth 4.x LE
  • CPU and IGPU Power Management
  • Battery Status
  • Brightness
  • Function Keys (Fn)
  • I2C ELAN TouchPad with Full Gestures
  • Integrated Camera
  • SD Card Reader
  • Rest of the things that i forgot to list here and that are not listed on "what doesn't work"

What doesn't work
  • FingerPrint Reader (3rd Party FingerPrint readers are not supported on macOS, disabled via ACPI)
  • AMD Radeon 530 (disabled on ACPI as there's no support for switchable graphics on macOS)

What you need
  • Lenovo V330-15IKB Laptop
  • macOS Mojave downloaded from the Mac App Store
  • 8GB+ USB flash drive
  • Downloaded Lenovo-V330-15IKB Project from my Github (click on Lenovo-V330-15IKB),
  • Download as zip like shown below:

BIOS
Before proceeding you need to change some Bios configurations that are necessary for your laptop to work on macOS.
Press Power button to boot your laptop, as soon as you press it, keep pressing F2 to enter into Bios Settings.
Go to Security Tab and change settings as listed below:
  • Secure Boot [Disabled]
  • Intel SGX [Disabled]
  • Intel Platform Trust Technology [Disabled]
Now go to Boot tab and configure the settings as listed below:
  • Boot Mode [UEFI]
  • USB Boot [Enabled]
  • PXE Boot to LAN [Disabled]
Now go to Exit tab:
  • OS Optimized Defaults [Disabled]
  • Exit Saving Changes
Bios configuration completed.

Creating USB Installer
Before proceeding with this guide i would highly suggest that you begin with a clean install rather than upgrading as the method and kexts are different than what you might be currently using on your laptop.

Step 1:
Download Clover Bootloader:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

Step 2:
Format USB Drive as HFS+J with GPT partition table and make sure to name it: install_osx

Step 3:
Download macOS Mojave from the Mac App Store, after the download process has finished, now create the USB Installer by opening terminal and writing the following command:
Code:
sudo "/Applications/Install macOS Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume  /Volumes/install_osx --nointeraction

Press "Enter" and write User and password, hit enter, wait for the process to end which takes around 10-30 minutes.

Step 4:
Download all the needed kexts for "Pre" and "Post" installation which are listed down below.
They are hyperlinks and should direct you straight to the download page when click on them:

Step 5 (Installing Clover Bootloader)
Prepare USB Drive with the correct configuration, kexts, Bootloader, config.plist and ACPI
Note: if you accidentally install Clover Bootloader into the real iMac, MacMini or MacBook that you are using,
you might brick it, so be careful and choose the USB drive for installation!

Install Clover Bootloader by carefully following the steps explained down below:
Open Clover bootloader installer, click on continue, agree to the terms and conditions, continue,
Click on "Change Install Location..." like shown in the picture below:
Select the USB Flash Drive which in our case is named as "install_osx" like shown in the picture below:
Click "Continue", and now click on the "Customize" button like shown in the picture below:
At the "Customize" section, here we select "Clover for UEFI booting only" and "Install Clover in the ESP"
Like shown in the picture below:
Installation Type.png
Now we expand "UEFI Drivers" to see the full list of the UEFI Drivers by clicking in the arrow in front of the checkbox and then we select all the UEFI Drivers that we need like i selected them in the picture down below:
UEFI Drivers.png

Don't select "Themes" yet as we will customize that later after we are done with the installation.
Now click Install, it will open a prompt for your Username and Password, write it and press Enter,
the installation will start, after bootloader installation ends, your EFI partition of the USB Drive will be mounted.

Preparing USB EFI Partition

Open the mounted EFI partition of your USB Drive and go to EFI/Clover/
Replace the config.plist with the one from the downloaded Lenovo-V330-15IKB repository of my Github
Into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched add the SSDT-V330.aml from the downloaded Lenovo-V330-15IKB Repo
Into EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI make sure to add HFSPlus.efi (click on HFSPlus.efi to download it)
Into EFI/Clover/kexts/Others make sure to add the following kexts listed down below:
Step 6:
Backup all your important data because we will continue with the installation process on the next step.
Backup Clover Bootloader installer into the USB Drive for installation (not on the USB EFI folder !)
Backup my Lenovo-V330-15IKB folder download from the Github repository

Installation

Step 1:
Reboot your laptop, after the laptop screen turns on, press F12 repeatedly to enter into the Boot Menu.
On the Boot Menu, choose the USB Drive and press "Enter"
Now it should bring you into the Clover Bootloader menu, select Install macOS Mojave (USB Drive) and press enter.
The Installer now should boot and reach installation menu.

Step 2:
From the installation menu, open Disk Utility, select the partition that you plan to install macOS, format it as APFS and for the purpose of this guide we will name it "Mac". Exit Disk Utility after the format process has finished, this will bring you back to the Installer Main Menu.
Now select install macOS Mojave, agree to the "terms and conditions", select your HDD/SSD that you formatted and the installation process will begin. this will be the part 1 install. Part 1 should take around 5 minutes.

Step 3:
Laptop will automatically reboot when Part 1 installation ends. now as soon as Clover Bootloader menu shows up, this time you select the "Mac" partition to boot from, the installer will continue with Part 2 now and show the progress bar with time remaining under the Apple boot logo.
Note: Sometimes as soon as the time remaining shows up under the Apple boot logo, the laptop will reboot once more, if this happens, choose again to boot from the "Mac" partition and part 2 installation will continue and complete.
After the installation has been completed, laptop will reboot and bring you to the part 3 - first boot user setup.

Step 4:
Select Language, Continue, Connecting to Internet is optional or you can skip it for now.
When you reach the menu to sign with your Apple ID, make sure to skip this step, it will be important if you want to setup iMessage & FaceTime.

Post Installation

Step 1:
Run Apps from anywhere is now missing from SysPrefs > Security & Privacy > General.
Open terminal and enter the following command:
Code:
sudo spctl --master-disable
This allows you to install Applications downloaded from Internet and outside of the Mac App Store.

Step 2:
Open Clover Bootloader installer and continue with bootloader installation into the HDD/SSD that we installed macOS.
The procedures are exactly the same as on the Creating USB Installer - Step 5 of the guide except that this time, instead of the USB Drive, we select the "Mac" HDD/SSD that we installed macOS.

Step 3:
Now we need to install all the needed kexts into the HDD/SSD where we installed macOS: the "Mac" partition.
All kexts should be installed into /Library/Extensions

Download all the kexts if you still didn't:
Extract them and make sure to copy each & only the ones listed above by selecting the "Release" folder of the kexts.
Create a folder on desktop called "kexts", copy all the listed kexts into that "kexts" folder into desktop
Open Terminal and write this command to install kexts into /Library/Extensions/
Code:
cd desktop/kexts

sudo cp -R *.kext /Library/Extensions/
Hit enter, write your Username password and all the kexts will be copied and installed into /Library/Extensions/
Now we need to rebuild caches with the following terminal command:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Wait for the process to end, after the process is completed, reboot.

Step 4: Disable Hibernation
Be aware that hibernation (suspend to disk or S4 sleep) is not supported on hackintosh.

You should disable it:
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage
Always check your hibernatemode after updates and disable it. System updates tend to re-enable it, although the trick above (making sleepimage a directory) tends to help.

And it may be a good idea to disable the other hibernation related options:
Code:
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

Step 5: Install Tools
Create a new folder on desktop and name it: tools
copy patchmatic, iasl, hda-verb and paste them on the "tools" folder that you created on desktop

Get "patchmatic" by clicking on this: Link
Get "iasl" by click on this: Link
Get "hda-verb" from the CodecCommander folder of the downloaded kext

Open terminal and write the following commands to install these tools:
Code:
cd desktop/tools
sudo cp iasl /usr/bin
sudo cp patchmatic /usr/bin
sudo cp hda-verb /usr/bin

Audio
For audio we use AppleALC as it has support for "Conexant CX20751/2" codec using "layout-id 28" which everything is already configured into the config.plist and the SSDT-V330.aml of my files that you downloaded from the Github Repo.
We also need the CodecCommander.kext as it does the correction for External Microphone (Line-In) and the same fix when the laptop goes into sleep mode and then we wake up the laptop, it keeps the External Microphone working.

Keyboard
Keyboard is fully mapped and every single button works starting from Brightness to the rest of FN Buttons.
Fn Buttons do work but you have to assign them as shortcuts on Sysprefs > Keyboard > Shortcuts like my example:
  • F4 (Mic On/Off) mapped to Siri shortcut
  • F5 (Refresh) available to map as whatever you want
  • F6 (TouchPad) Enable and Disable TouchPad
  • F7 (Airplane) mapped to Do Not Disturb
  • F8 (Camera) mapped to LaunchPad
  • F9 (Lock) mapped to System Preferences...
  • F10 (Projector) mapped to Video Mirror Toggle
  • PrtSc (Print Screen) mapped to Screenshot area of selection or known as the default cmd+4 shortcut
You can customize these keys to something else as you desire on Sysprefs > Keyboard > Shortcuts

Touchpad
For our ELAN (I2C) Touchpad we use Alexandred VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CELAN.kext
This kext has complete support for our ELAN0618 (9d60) I2C Touchpads and it does support All gestures.
Some of the gestures are listed down below:
  • Pinch to Zoom
  • Two Finger Rotation to rotate image left or right
  • 2 Fingers scrolling
  • 2 Fingers Left Edge swipe
  • 2 Fingers Right Edge swipe
  • 3 Fingers swipe up
  • 3 Fingers swipe down
  • 3 Fingers swipe left
  • 3 Fingers swipe right
  • 3 Fingers Tap (Force Touch)
  • 3 Fingers Dragging , etc
Note: Some of these laptop models do come with Synaptics I2C Touchpad instead of ELAN I2C Touchpad.
In that case, instead of using VoodooI2CELAN.kext you need to use VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext

To fix the "Right Click" physical button on the touchpad, go to Sysprefs > TrackPad - Point & Click tab and go to the secondary click and click on the drop down menu and change the current "Click or tap with two fingers" selected option to the "Click in the bottom right corner" option like shown in the screenshot down below:
SecondaryClick.png

Wireless and Bluetooth

In terms of functionality, if you replaced with one of the compatible cards there is nothing left to be done.
In case that your Wireless Card is not being detected, you need FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext.
Bluetooth works with BrcmPatchRam2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
Both functionalities require the AirportBrcmFixup.kext and BT4LEContinuityFixup.kext to work.
(Unless you purchased the BCM94360CS2 or BCM943602CS with the NGFF Adapter as these cards work natively).

Some customizations that you can do is the change the country code by using the boot-arg: brcmfx-country=XX
Replace XX with your corresponding country code, some examples are: (US, CN, #a, etc).
US is the the default country code that is set on the kext without using the boot-arg brcmfx-country=XX

iMessage and FaceTime
This is one of the last steps and things that you should fix after you stabilized your setup in order to properly work.
For iMessage and FaceTime @P1LGRIM has a step by step detailed guide which you can follow on the link below:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/

Keep in mind that even if you have setup iMessage and FaceTime correctly, newer AppleID(s) are not having much success as they do get the message to call Apple Support.
Contrary to this, old Apple ID(s) seems to be working perfect without having a single issue.
If you do have a newer AppleID and you can't make iMessage and FaceTime work, the only possible "current known" fix is to get an older Macbook that is not being used anymore, dump the MLB and ROM.
Generate your unique Serial Number and UUID as the guide describes and after you have correct setup:
Just replace the generated MLB and ROM with the ones you got from the dump of the older Macbook.
iMessage and FaceTime should now work correctly with your Unique Serial Number and UUID.

Customization

Themes
There is a huge list of available "Themes" across the web for Clover Bootloader which you can google.
I included the ThinkPad theme which i also used previously on my ThinkPad guides because i think it better fits these laptops, it is included on the Lenovo-V330-15IKB folder Downloaded from my Github Repository.
To install it you simply copy the Thinkpad folder into EFI/Clover/Themes and set it as default theme on config.plist

System Logo
For System Logo i use the laptop picture at the beginning of the guide which i think is one of the best available and best quality one for use as System Logo for this laptop.
What i did is i created two versions: One with Light Mode Wallpaper and One with Dark Mode Wallpaper as macOS Mojave has added the dynamic System Logo option on "About this Mac"
With this when you use Dark Mode, you will have the V330 Laptop Logo with Dark macOS Mojave Wallpaper
When you use Light Mode, you will have the V330 Laptop Logo with Light macOS Mojave Wallpaper

To use Dynamic System Logo you go to Applications > Utilites > System Information (right Click) > Show Contents.
Go to Contents > Resources > Assets.car.
Replace it with the Assets.car that included in the Lenovo-V330-15IKB folder downloaded from my Github repo.
Examples with Light Mode and Dark Mode on the screenshots below:

Computer Name
To change the computer name you go to Users > YourUserName > RightClick somewhere and click Show View Options
Select Show Library Folder and close the Show View Options Window, now you open have the visible Library Folder.
Go to Library/Preferences and open com.apple.SystemProfiler.plist with a Plist Editor file (example: PlistEditPro)
Expand CPU Names and type: Lenovo V330-15IKB click file on the menu bar and save.

Problem Reporting
It is impossible to diagnose a problem without data that shows how your system is configured.

Also, impossible to analyze any data that you might provide without a clear understanding of your hardware. So make sure your profile is filled as per the first question in this FAQ, "Q. Where do I start?".

If you can't boot, a bare minimum is:
- Boot verbose, attach photo
- Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F2 then F4 at main Clover screen just before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Note: Some Keyboards swap Fn+Fx for Fx. For those Keyboards, press Fn+F2 then Fn+F4. If you're not sure, press F2, then F4, then Fn+F2, then Fn+F4. You can also verify by pressing F1 (or Fn+F1) to see which one brings the menu.

If you can boot, but are having some other problem, describe the problem clearly and provide data...

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract
Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Attach contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory as ZIP.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda
ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*
pmset -g assertions
pmset -g
system_profiler SPSerialATADataType|grep TRIM
Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F2 then F4 at main Clover screen just before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Note: Some Keyboards swap Fn+Fx for Fx. For those Keyboards, press Fn+F2 then Fn+F4. If you're not sure, press F2, then F4, then Fn+F2, then Fn+F4. You can also verify by pressing F1 (or Fn+F1) to see which one brings the menu.

For 10.11 and later, attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Older versions:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Q. Is there a script that will collect all Problem Reporting data automatically?

Yes! (almost)

User @black.dragon74 has created a script (gen_debug.sh) that automates most of the "Problem Reporting" tasks (as described in the previous question).

The part it cannot do is pressing F2 and F4 for you at the main Clover screen.
And of course, it only works for the case you can boot into your system. If you have a problem booting, you must obtain and collect the verbose boot photo manually (and EFI/Clover).

Full details are here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/

Last edited:
Future post #2 "Reserved"

Future post #3 "Reserved"

Hi !
i have the same laptop i.e Lenovo ideapad 320-15IKB (81DE) . Just basically doesnt have a V prefix in the model number.
so my question is, does the SSDT patch will differ as i have a slightly different model ?

Last edited:
Hi !
i have the same laptop i.e Lenovo ideapad 320-15IKB (10DE) . Just basically doesnt have a V prefix in the model number.
so my question is, does the SSDT patch will differ as i have a slightly different model ?
Please open a separate thread, post problem reporting files and quote me on your new thread, i will take a look into your files and help you.

VoodooI2c v2.0.3 worked perfect on my machine when i install voodooi2c v 2.1.4 didn't work right click and left click did you fix your right click and left click that you were described your issue on voodooI2c and help thread

VoodooI2c v2.0.3 worked perfect on my machine when i install voodooi2c v 2.1.4 didn't work right click and left click did you fix your right click and left click that you were described your issue on voodooI2c and help thread
No, no fix for right click yet, use the kexts attached on the guide, they are 2.1.4 versions modified to fix scaling issues, left click works, for right click, change Sysprefs > TrackPad and change two finger tap for right click as a current workaroud.

These attached kexts, they fix and enable all the gestures.

Thanks worked your modified VoodooI2c.kext

Overview

Welcome everyone to my Lenovo V330-15IKB macOS Mojave guide.
This guide does not use Unibeast nor Multibeast, but instead uses @RehabMan's Clover bootloader builds as that's the most stable and optimized version of Clover bootloader for Laptops. I'm also using the Clover UEFI hotpatching method as opposed to ACPI static patching method. This method is the future of hackintoshing and it is a more versatile patching method which allows everyone to use my files that i created for this guide rather than each one individually patching their ACPI set which is more prone for errors.

My Laptop Specifications
- Intel core i5 - 8250U Quad Core CPU (KabyLake R)
- Intel UHD 620 Graphics
- 8GB DDR4 - 2400MHz Ram
- 15.6" Full HD Display
- I2C Elan precision TouchPad with multi-gestures
- Dell DW1560 Bluetooth & Wireless card (BCM94352Z)
- 2 x USB-C ports & 2 x USB 3.0 Ports
- HDMI & VGA Display output
- SD Card Reader
- Samsung 850 Pro 256GB 2.5" SSD

Upgrades
DW1560 Wireless & Bluetooth card
Links: AliExpress, eBay, Amazon, NewEgg (to be added soon)

What works
- Intel UHD 620 Graphics QE/CI
- USB 3 and USB-C Ports
- Realtek Ethernet
- Audio (All Inputs & Outputs)
- Sleep and Wake
- HDMI and HDMI Audio
- VGA / D-Sub Port
- Dual Band AC Wireless 2.4GHz & 5GHz
- Bluetooth 4.x LE
- CPU and IGPU Power Management
- Battery Status
- Brightness
- Function Keys (Fn)
- Precision TouchPad with Gestures
- Integrated Camera
- SD Card Reader
- Rest of the things that i forgot to list & non listed on "what doesn't work"

What doesn't work
- FingerPrint Reader (disabled as there's no support for it on macOS, Apple uses their own TouchID Hardware)
- AMD Radeon 530 (disabled on ACPI as there's no support for switchable graphics on macOS)

What you need
- Lenovo V330-15IKB Laptop
- macOS Mojave downloaded from the Mac App Store
- 8GB+ USB flash drive
- Downloaded Lenovo-V330-15IKB Project from my Github (click on Lenovo-V330-15IKB) and download as zip like shown below:

Bios
Press F2 repeatedly after powering on the laptop to enter BIOS (more informations will be added soon, work in progress)

Creating USB Installer

Before proceeding with this guide i would highly suggest that you begin with a clean install rather than upgrading as the method and kexts are different than what you might be currently using on your laptop.

Step 1:
Download Clover Bootloader version of @RehabMan:
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/clover/downloads/

Step 2:
Format USB Drive as HFS+J with GPT partition table and make sure to name it: install_osx

Step 3:
Download macOS Mojave from the Mac App Store, after the download process has finished, now create the USB Installer by opening terminal and writing the following command:
Code:
sudo "/Applications/Install macOS Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume  /Volumes/install_osx --nointeraction
Press "Enter" and it will ask for your User password, after you entered password, wait for the process to end, it should take around 10-30 minutes.

Step 4:
Download all the needed kexts for "Pre" and "Post" installation. I listed all the needed kexts down below which are in form of hyperlinks and should direct you straight to the download page:

FakeSMC.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext

VoodooPS2Controller.kext
VoodooI2C.kext - attached at the end of the guide
VoodooI2CELAN.kext - attached at the end of the guide
USBInjectAll.kext
ACPIBatteryManager.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
AppleBacklightFixup.kext
CodecCommander.kext
EFICheckDisabler.kext - attached at the end of the guide
Lilu.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
AppleALC.kext
AirportBrcmFixup.kext
BT4LEContinuityFixup.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRam2.kext

Step 5:
Prepare USB Drive with the correct configuration, kexts, Bootloader, config.plist and ACPI
Install Clover Bootloader by carefully following the steps explained down below:
If you are using a real MacBook or iMac, if you accidentally install Clover Bootloader into the real iMac / MacBook that you are using, you might brick it, so be careful and choose the USB drive for installation!
Open Clover bootloader installer, click on continue, agree, continue and when you reach this screen:

Make sure to click on "Change Install Location..." like in the screenshot above and then select the USB Drive as shown in the screenshot down below:

After you selected your USB Drive, click "Continue", now after this step, click on "Customize" as seen in the screenshot down below:
That brings us into the customization section of Clover Bootloader where we select the appropriate configuration for our hardware like seen in the screenshot down below:
Select / Checkmark the settings as listed on the picture above or listed down below:

- Clover for UEFI booting only
- Install Clover in the ESP

Make sure you don't touch the UEFI Drivers as they are already pre-configured but just in case to make sure everything is correct, make sure to check the picture down below to see if all needed drivers are selected accordingly:
If you need FileVault 2, checkmark the FileVault drivers by selecting / check marking the ones listed below on the screenshot:
Themes
Select BGM (Black Green Moody) as it's the one that i already set on the config.plist for installation and usage. You can change it later to whatever theme that you want, steps will be explained in the customization section of the guide.

Now click Install, it will open a prompt for your Username Password, write it and press Enter, the installation will start.

After bootloader installation ends, your EFI partition of the USB Drive will be mounted.
Open the EFI partition of your USB Drive and go to:
EFi/Clover/
Replace the config.plist with the config.plist from the downloaded Lenovo-V330-15IKB repository of my Github
Into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched add the SSDT-V330.aml from the downloaded Lenovo-V330-15IKB repository of my Github
Into EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI make sure to add HFSPlus.efi (click on it to download it)
Into EFI/Clover/kexts/Others make sure to add the following kexts listed down below:

FakeSMC.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
ACPIBatteryManager.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
Lilu.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
AirportBrcmFixup.kext

Step 6:
Backup all your important data because we will continue with the installation process on the next step.
Backup Clover Bootloader installer into the USB Drive for installation (not on the USB EFI folder !)
Backup my Lenovo-V330-15IKB folder download from the Github repository

Installation

Step 1:

Reboot your laptop, after the laptop screen turns on, press F12 repeatedly to enter into the Boot Menu.
On the Boot Menu, choose the USB Drive and press "Enter"
Now it should bring you into the Clover Bootloader menu, select Install macOS Mojave (USB Drive) and press enter.
The Installer now should boot and reach installation menu.

Step 2:
From the installation menu, open Disk Utility, select the partition that you plan to install macOS, format it as APFS and name for the purpose of this guide we will name it "Mac". Exit Disk Utility after the format process has finished, this will bring you back to the Installer Main Menu.
Now select install macOS Mojave, agree to the "terms and conditions", select your HDD/SSD that you formatted and the installation process will begin. this will be the part 1 install. Part 1 should take around 5 minutes.

Step 3:
Laptop will automatically reboot when Part 1 installation ends. now as soon as Clover Bootloader menu shows up, this time you select the "Mac" partition to boot from, the installer will continue with Part 2 now and show the progress bar with time remaining under the Apple boot logo.
Note: Sometimes as soon as the time remaining shows up under the Apple boot logo, the laptop will reboot once more, if this happens, choose again to boot from the "Mac" partition and part 2 installation will continue and complete.
After the installation has been completed, laptop will reboot and bring you to the part 3 - first boot user setup.

Step 4:
Select Language, Continue, Connecting to Internet is optional or you can skip it for now.
When you reach the menu to sign with your Apple ID, make sure to skip this step, it will be important if you want to setup iMessage & FaceTime.

Post Installation

Step 1:

Run Apps from anywhere is now missing from SysPrefs > Security & Privacy > General.
Open terminal and enter the following command:
Code:
sudo spctl --master-disable
This allows you to install Applications downloaded from Internet / Outside of the Mac App Store.

Step 2:
Open Clover Bootloader installer and continue with bootloader installation into the HDD/SSD that we installed macOS.
The procedures are exactly the same as on the Creating USB Installer - Step 5 of the guide except that this time, instead of the USB Drive, we select the "Mac" HDD/SSD that we installed macOS.

Step 3:
Now we need to install all the needed kexts into the HDD/SSD where we installed macOS: the "Mac" partition.
All kexts should be installed into /Library/Extensions

Download all the kexts if you still didn't:

FakeSMC.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext

VoodooPS2Controller.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
ACPIBatteryManager.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
AppleBacklightFixup.kext
CodecCommander.kext
Lilu.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
AppleALC.kext
AirportBrcmFixup.kext
BT4LEContinuityFixup.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRam2.kext

Extract them and make sure to copy each & only the ones listed above by selecting the "Release" folder of the kexts.
Create a folder on desktop called "kexts", copy all the listed kexts into that "kexts" folder into desktop
Open Terminal and write this command to install kexts into Library/Extensions/:
Code:
cd desktop/kexts

sudo cp -R *.kext /Library/Extensions/
Hit enter, write your Username password and all the kexts will be copied/installed into /Library/Extensions
Now we need to rebuild caches with the following terminal command:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Wait for the process to end, after the process is completed, reboot.

Step 4: Disable Hibernation
Be aware that hibernation (suspend to disk or S4 sleep) is not supported on hackintosh.

You should disable it:
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage
Always check your hibernatemode after updates and disable it. System updates tend to re-enable it, although the trick above (making sleepimage a directory) tends to help.

And it may be a good idea to disable the other hibernation related options:
Code:
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

Step 5:
Create a new folder on desktop and name it: tools
copy hda-verb, patchmatic, iasl and paste them on the "tools" folder that you created on desktop

Get "hda-verb" from the CodecCommander.zip that you downloaded from the kext links
Get "patchmatic" by clicking on this: Link
Get "iasl" by click on this: Link

Open terminal and write the following commands to install these tools:
Code:
cd desktop/tools
sudo cp iasl /usr/local/bin
sudo cp patchmatic /usr/local/bin
sudo cp hda-verb /usr/local/bin

iMessage and FaceTime
In order to setup your hackintosh machine to use Apple Services, iMessage & FaceTime, please follow @P1LGRIM guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/

It has step by step screenshot and written instructions for you to easily set it up.

Customization
Will be added soon.

Problem Reporting
It is impossible to diagnose a problem without data that shows how your system is configured.

Also, impossible to analyze any data that you might provide without a clear understanding of your hardware. So make sure your profile is filled as per the first question in this FAQ, "Q. Where do I start?".

If you can't boot, a bare minimum is:
- Boot verbose, attach photo
- Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F2 then F4 at main Clover screen just before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

If you can boot, but are having some other problem, describe the problem clearly and provide data...

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract
Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Attach contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory as ZIP.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda
ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*
pmset -g assertions
pmset -g
system_profiler SPSerialATADataType|grep TRIM
Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F2 then F4 at main Clover screen just before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

For 10.11 and later, attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Older versions:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Q. Is there a script that will collect all Problem Reporting data automatically?

Yes! (almost)

User @black.dragon74 has created a script (gen_debug.sh) that automates most of the "Problem Reporting" tasks (as described in the previous question).

The part it cannot do is pressing F2 and F4 for you at the main Clover screen.
And of course, it only works for the case you can boot into your system. If you have a problem booting, you must obtain and collect the verbose boot photo manually (and EFI/Clover).

Full details are here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/

Thank you very much and congratulations.
Great work that to those of us who are not experts like me helps us a lot.
Thanks to this post I have been able to configure my Lenovo Ideapad 300 laptop and it works really well with MacOS Mojave Regards

@Sniki
sadly ! i am still not able to fix my Touchpad issue yet .
please any suggestions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back