Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo V330-15IKB using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there!
I have v330-15Ikb : i7 8550u 12 gb ram, but ı didn't setup this methot?

I apologize to all of you, I know very little English. What should I do ? can you tell me a method?

hello guys, I own a Ideapad 330-151kb too,when installing the OS, My trackpad can not working, I supposed it is due to the I2C?

Comparing to v330-15Ikb, I guess the trackpad has a different model, please see the attached pic, anyone can help to fix the problem?

or shall I provide more info. for the detection of problem.

thank you very much.

Attachments

• 566806A5D43FAB9981A44DC68DA3C22A.jpg
    566806A5D43FAB9981A44DC68DA3C22A.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 243
I tried to make usb as you state in your guide but it is not detecting my usb as bootable device in F12 menu.
I have disabled Virtualization,GPU ,Secureboot,from bios.
FYI I have updated Bios from official source.
had anyone successfully booted from usb.

I have 330s-15IKB which does not have ethernet port, wifi only. I boot off usb just nice (clover) to installer.
First strange thing is that in installer, in listed MacOS Utilities I have an option to Reinstall macOS where I would expect an option to Install macOS.

When I click on it I got error message (see below) since it needs an internet connection which I don't have (yet) since I don't have ethernet nor can set up usb wifi in installer (or I can?).

So can somebody please explain my options here - maybe getting usb to ethernet adapter with appropriate kexts? Is there a way to install it without internet connection - I don't get it why internet connection is really needed as I have full installer on usb stick? No need to download anything I believe.

Is it normal to have Reinstall option instead of Install?

all help appreciated, thanks

UPDATE: ignore... recreated new usb drive from mojave virtual machine and now all fine...

Attachments

• IMG_0869.jpg
    IMG_0869.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0870.jpg
    IMG_0870.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
@Sniki I have same problem as you had in the beginning, on boot shows Apple logo, after 8 secs. reboot. I followed your instruction, what can be wrong? Can you help? thxs.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 133
  • Boot V330.JPG
    Boot V330.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 173
@Sniki I have same problem as you had in the beginning, on boot shows Apple logo, after 8 secs. reboot. I followed your instruction, what can be wrong? Can you help? thxs.
Try booting verbose, if it still gets stuck there, see previous post (Post #30) and add your RAM details.

hello guys, I own a Ideapad 330-151kb too,when installing the OS, My trackpad can not working, I supposed it is due to the I2C?

Comparing to v330-15Ikb, I guess the trackpad has a different model, please see the attached pic, anyone can help to fix the problem?

or shall I provide more info. for the detection of problem.

thank you very much.
You should provide problem reporting files to see and help you fix the problems.

Hi there!
I have v330-15Ikb : i7 8550u 12 gb ram, but ı didn't setup this methot?

I apologize to all of you, I know very little English. What should I do ? can you tell me a method?
Use this method, everything should work correctly.
I tried to make usb as you state in your guide but it is not detecting my usb as bootable device in F12 menu.
I have disabled Virtualization,GPU ,Secureboot,from bios.
FYI I have updated Bios from official source.
had anyone successfully booted from usb.
You propably have Legacy Boot, you need to set Boot to UEFI.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back