Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo V330-15IKB using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you can update, only thing is to remember to boot verbose during updates and clean installs from USB until rehabman fixes that issue in his clover build.
Hi @Sniki, Maybe a stupid question but I'm curious to know: following your guide, I understand that at the end we will copy all the necessary kexts on the mac hard disk. It possible to let clover inject them instead to copy them on the hd in order to keep the installed mac os as vanilla / virgin as possible? I hope that I have correctly understood the process and that my question make sense. Thanks

Hi @Sniki, Maybe a stupid question but I'm curious to know: following your guide, I understand that at the end we will copy all the necessary kexts on the mac hard disk. It possible to let clover inject them instead to copy them on the hd in order to keep the installed mac os as vanilla / virgin as possible? I hope that I have correctly understood the process and that my question make sense. Thanks
How to install kexts:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-installing-kexts-macos-sierra-high-sierra-mojave.268964/

Yes you can update, only thing is to remember to boot verbose during updates and clean installs from USB until rehabman fixes that issue in his clover build.
Dear @Sniki I'm trying to install Mojave but I'm stuck just at the installation start. I have disabled the secure boot option in bios in order to be able to boot from the USB. I add -v in the clover options and then select the install Mojave icon and it stuck to the screenshot attached. Maybe is necessary to change more options in the bios?

Attachments

• 20190129_144847.jpg
    20190129_144847.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 114
  • 20190129_151736.jpg
    20190129_151736.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 128
if you have HP ProBook 4540s use guidе on RehabMan I think yours config.plist is wrong

if you have HP ProBook 4540s use guidе on RehabMan I think yours config.plist is wrong
Hi @minman sorry I haven't updated my specs yet as I have just received my new Lenovo V330-15IKB with exact same specs as @Sniki one. I'll update my specs now in order to avoid confusion. Thanks

well, I wish you success

Dear @Sniki I'm trying to install Mojave but I'm stuck just at the installation start. I have disabled the secure boot option in bios in order to be able to boot from the USB. I add -v in the clover options and then select the install Mojave icon and it stuck to the screenshot attached. Maybe is necessary to change more options in the bios?
Hi again @Sniki and sorry to bother you. I'm trying to find a solution to the problem and I read that it can be a clover bootloader bug. Is that the case using @RehabMan clover version? Should I try with another clover version? Sorry to be a pain

EDIT: attached EFI folder

Attachments

• 4_5947200515661104400.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Succeeded in booting to installer, however no drive seen. I have a factory Lenovo NVME SSD installed (LENS2056GMSP34MEAT2TA). I have been reading about patching to get the SSD working (if possible) but I have no idea how to do that, is there a procedure around?
hi @inspecteur6 could you please explain how have you reached the installer screen? it seems that I have the same problem. Thanks.

Hi @Sniki I was wondering if is possible for you to please update your guide as, for example, there is something wrong with the config.plist we download from your github that does not allow to reach the installation screen (maybe a smbios profile problem). I will be more than pleased to help if necessary as I'm installing it (I'm actually at the post installation point) so I can provide my feedback in order to help who is trying to do the same. Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back