Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo U410/U310 Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, im just wondering if theres any step by step guide to updating to Yosemite via the app store? My U410 on 10.9.4 but really reluctant to upgrade as i don't want to lose my files in case i mess it up.

Thanks

Hi, im just wondering if theres any step by step guide to updating to Yosemite via the app store? My U410 on 10.9.4 but really reluctant to upgrade as i don't want to lose my files in case i mess it up.

Thanks

Just update via the App Store/Software Update.

Unless you have patched BIOS, you'll likely need to boot using your USB after the update is complete, so you can re-install patched kexts/etc.

Unless you were using Clover... in which case, you'd just apply the update and reboot.

Just update via the App Store/Software Update.

Unless you have patched BIOS, you'll likely need to boot using your USB after the update is complete, so you can re-install patched kexts/etc.

Unless you were using Clover... in which case, you'd just apply the update and reboot.

Thanks for the reply, I did patch the BIOS and done the whitelist removal in order to get the correct WIFI card. How does this change the update process?

Thanks for the reply, I did patch the BIOS and done the whitelist removal in order to get the correct WIFI card. How does this change the update process?

It makes it easier since you don't need patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, so you'll likely be able to boot directly from the HDD after the update.

You'll need to redo any other patched kexts you require (eg. for HDMI-audio, onboard audio, etc).

Oh okay. Would i need to repatch all the kexts or just the ones which are not working?

Oh okay. Would i need to repatch all the kexts or just the ones which are not working?

Not sure what you mean by "all the kexts"...

It is simple: You will need to repatch any patched kexts overwritten by the update.

Definitely not "all the kexts"...

Not sure what you mean by "all the kexts"...

It is simple: You will need to repatch any patched kexts overwritten by the update.

Definitely not "all the kexts"...

I meant all the kexts within the guide.

Is there a easy way to check which kext's the update has overwritten or just will i have to test it myself e.g. audio etc?

I meant all the kexts within the guide.

Not all the kexts in the guide are "patched kexts"... Some of them are "additional kexts" that will not be overwritten.

Is there a easy way to check which kext's the update has overwritten or just will i have to test it myself e.g. audio etc?

Test.

But typically you can predict that AppleHDA will be updated as well as graphics kexts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back