Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo u310/u410 Yosemite using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
From start to finish, sans Wifi patches. Your guide is pretty straight forward, (Thank you so much for putting it together Lazarus) I was afraid you would say that. Thankfully I set up my user on a separate HD. :D I've also had horrible luck with power management in the past, so that may just be my curse. :p

I don't see any mention of using VoodooHDA or Disabler.kext in post #1.

Important when you follow a guide: Do only what the guide says... nothing extra.

I don't see any mention of using VoodooHDA or Disabler.kext in post #1.

Important when you follow a guide: Do only what the guide says... nothing extra.
In my quest to get it working, I tried something different. I remembered an older version of the mavericks guide using VoodooHDA so I went for it. I'm going to go one last time rebuilding the config file and then a fresh install. Wifi still doesn't find any networks after sleep.

In my quest to get it working, I tried something different. I remembered an older version of the mavericks guide using VoodooHDA so I went for it. I'm going to go one last time rebuilding the config file and then a fresh install. Wifi still doesn't find any networks after sleep.

Start from the beginning. Do only what is written in the guide.

I'm back, having been very particular about the process, from start to finish. I have the same two problems, audio, and power management. I made sure I used exactly the versions of everything from the guide etc. I'm at a total loss, any knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

I'm back, having been very particular about the process, from start to finish. I have the same two problems, audio, and power management. I made sure I used exactly the versions of everything from the guide etc. I'm at a total loss, any knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Trying it on Yosemite?
If you trying it on El Capitan, don't forget add next audio patch to clover:
Code:
<dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>El Capitan sound patch</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>
    gxnUEQ==
    </data>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>AppleHDA</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>
    AAAAAA==
    </data>
</dict>
I attach my DummyHDA.kext edited by instructions from first post.

Attachments

• DummyHDA.kext.zip
    9.6 KB · Views: 113

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

Great guide! I got everything working except for the wifi. I have an AR5B195. I installed the mentioned kext, but every time the computer sleeps, the wifi stops working. Turning it on and off does not work, it stays looking for SSIDs. The wifi card does not work again until the computer is restarted.

Has anybody tried upgrading this one to El Capitan?

Yes. You need add patch for sound and disable SIP by
Code:
<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x67</string>
    </dict>

My U410 works fine with El Capitan.

Yes. You need add patch for sound and disable SIP by
Code:
<key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x67</string>
    </dict>

My U410 works fine with El Capitan.

So what you're saying is the MAS update works and we just have to go back and disable SIP and patch sound following a similar procedure as outlined in this guide, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back