Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo u310/u410 Yosemite using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. I have installed a virtual machine, but could not get internet to work. So I have to download everything in Windows, where the VM is running on.

Ah now I see it. If extracted in Mac, it gives me the kexts.

I know. I have installed a virtual machine, but could not get internet to work. So I have to download everything in Windows, where the VM is running on.

VM is not recommended. Known to make corrupt USB installers.

Plus there is chicken+egg scenario with VM. How do you obtain an image of OS X in order to create the OS X VM without access to a Mac (or working hack) in the first place?

Keep in mind the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php
(You agreed to the rule when you registered for the site.)

Correct way:
- purchase Snow Leopard DVD from Apple
- install Snow Leopard with iBoot
- update to 10.6.8 to get Mac App Store working
- download Yosemite and create your USB installer

Hi there, I've followed the instructions here, but I cannot for the life of me get HDA working. I've tried direct patching, dummyhda, all of the above, redone the config etc.
I also had changed my wifi card to the Azurewave AR9280 as suggested on the Mavericks guide. It works, but doesn't seem to after sleep.
Thanks for the great guide! And thank you RehabMan for kicking my butt over to Clover, it is almost magical how easily it works.
EDIT: Added IOreg

Attachments

• Alex’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
Hi there, I've followed the instructions here, but I cannot for the life of me get HDA working. I've tried direct patching, dummyhda, all of the above, redone the config etc.

Which audio solution are you using now?

I also had changed my wifi card to the Azurewave AR9280 as suggested on the Mavericks guide. It works, but doesn't seem to after sleep.

According to ioreg, WiFi is working.

Make sure you did no patching to the networking kexts. AR9280 is supported natively.

From ioreg, it looks like you still need to do some ACPI patching... It may be related.

My wifi seems to be working now. I've remade my DSDT from scratch (orig folder) now. Audio still confuses the heck out of me. Also used DSDT patch from Post 138 to restore backlight control.

Attachments

• Alex’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    1.3 MB · Views: 104

Don't forget patch DSDT with SystemIRQ.

My wifi seems to be working now. I've remade my DSDT from scratch (orig folder) now. Audio still confuses the heck out of me. Also used DSDT patch from Post 138 to restore backlight control.

Patched AppleHDA not expected to work when you have an HDADisabler.kext installed...

Note: Power management is not implemented.

Patched AppleHDA not expected to work when you have an HDADisabler.kext installed...

Note: Power management is not implemented.

So by "followed the instructions here" mdgnys meant.... what exactly? :D

Sounds like you've tried a few different guides/approaches here. If you aren't getting it sorted I'd wipe it all, start from scratch with this guide, and do every step.

Sounds like you've tried a few different guides/approaches here. If you aren't getting it sorted I'd wipe it all, start from scratch with this guide, and do every step.

Yes, post #1 clearly uses vanilla AppleHDA and an AppleHDA injector (so-called "dummy HDA").

You should probably simplify your instructions in post #1 by:
1) providing a pre-made AppleHDA injector
2) providing a pre-made config.plist with all the patches required

From start to finish, sans Wifi patches. Your guide is pretty straight forward, (Thank you so much for putting it together Lazarus) I was afraid you would say that. Thankfully I set up my user on a separate HD. :D I've also had horrible luck with power management in the past, so that may just be my curse. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back