Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo u310/u410 Yosemite using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sorry for my awful English, I am stuck with screen at the picture, what I am doing wrong? I hit enter in the last icon on the picture but I only get a black screen What are the exact files I have to put on ktext/others? Thanks in advance, hope you can help me. Regards

Attachments

• IMG_1077.JPG
    IMG_1077.JPG
    965.1 KB · Views: 112
Post your specs and info about your steps.

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI

I am looking to overcome the Wifi whitelist on the Lenovo U410. I have referred to the combo guide but am still having issues.

WiFi using BCM94352HMB

New WiFi option!

At least some BCM94352HMB WiFi cards can work in this laptop, passing the BIOS whitelist. I purchased a BCM94352HMB (Azurewave) and it works great.

The IDs on my broadcom card are: 14e4:43b1:106b:2154. Also reported as working is the same card with IDs: 14e4:43b1:106b:2123.

The ./download.sh and ./install_downloads.sh script have both been updated to install the necessary kexts for BCM94352HMB. The config.plist contains the patches required for WiFi 5Ghz and Bluetooth handoff features. The patch in config.plist for 5GHz is the US/FCC patch by the-darkvoid. If you're not in the US, you might consider a different patch. Read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Will this card overcome the whitelist in the u410?

Additionally, how important is the alternative location patch? Would it make-or-break whether the card works or not? I am in the UK.

WiFi using rebranded AR9280

This laptop has a strictly enforced WiFi whitelist, and the BIOS is next to impossible to patch. Although I wrote patches for this BIOS (and they work), implementing the a patched BIOS requires removing the BIOS chip from the motherboard and using a hardware programmer.

Instead of flashing the BIOS to disable the whitelist, we can instead work around the whitelist. It is possible to rebrand an AR9280 (AR5BHB92) as a Lenovo branded AR946x, then implement some tricks in OS X to get OS X to still recognize it as an AR9280.

The recognized Atheros IDs are 168c:0034 17aa:3114. This guide can be used for rebranding: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/115110-rebranding-atheros-928x-cards-guide.html. Use the Linux method as the Windows method is near unworkable in 64-bit Windows.

You should also make sure the regdomain is set correctly. See this thread for information: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/97428-ar9280-athr-unknown-locale-xx-eeprom-mod.html. The Linux guide is easier to use (again because of security in 64-bit Windows): http://blog.asiantuntijakaveri.fi/2014/08/one-of-my-atheros-ar9280-minipcie-cards.html

Please see this post for background details and links: http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-co...ovo-ideapad-u430-mavericks-37.html#post917057. Note: At the time that post was written kext binary patches were being used, but now we use FakePCIID.kext. Disregard the information regarding config.plist KextsToPatch.

Although you can use USB WiFi, it is not recommended. The user interface is poor, and it can cause some instability.

Note: Although a rebranded card will work on Linux, it will not work on Windows. You'll need to use USB WiFi for Windows.

Again, can a rebranded AR9280 workaround the U410's whitelist?

Many thanks in advance.

[Guide] Lenovo IdeaPad U330/U430/U530 using Clover UEFI

I am looking to overcome the Wifi whitelist on the Lenovo U410. I have referred to the combo guide but am still having issues.

Will this card overcome the whitelist in the u410?

Your post is off-topic... I'll move it. This topic is only for u330/u430/u530.

To defeat the whitelist on the u410, you need a patched BIOS.

Again, can a rebranded AR9280 workaround the U410's whitelist?

Depends on whether your BIOS accepts an Atheros card (I believe one of the Lite-on models is Atheros). You will need to have the IDs that are in the whitelist handy.

If so, yes... you could rebrand an AR9280 as an accepted Lenovo card (Lite-on) and use FakePCIID to map it back to AR9280 when running Yosemite.

But the AR9280 has no bluetooth.

Flashing a patched BIOS is an easier alternative.

Note: Moved off-topic posts from here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ideapad-u330-u430-u530-using-clover-uefi.html

Hi Sorry for my awful English, I am stuck with screen at the picture, what I am doing wrong? I hit enter in the last icon on the picture but I only get a black screen What are the exact files I have to put on ktext/others? Thanks in advance, hope you can help me. Regards

Post EFI/Clover folder.

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Lid sleep / brightness adjustments

Patch DSDT with graphics_PNLF
install ACPIbacklight.kext, downloadable at: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-acpi-backlight/downloads more discussion here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

I'm having trouble progressing past this stage.

When rebooting after performing the above steps, I see the apple logo and it loads to about 40%, then the screen goes black (but is still illuminated, if that makes sense).

Loading verbose has a similar effect; the black text finishes flashing across the screen, then it reverts to the illuminated black screen.

As suggested by Lazarus, I backed up my DSDTs as both .dsl and .amls. So far, I have only edited the original DSDT once to patch the USB. I kept both .dsl and .aml backups.

My steps were as follows:
- Loaded the DSDT.dsl into MaciASL that I exported during the previous step (to fix USB) (which was working fine after reboot). Patched with with Graphics_PNLF.txt. Compiled (no errors), then exported the DSDT as .aml and .dsl for backup purposes.
- Replaced the DSDT I created in the previous step (to fix USB) in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched with the new DSDT.aml I just patched for sleep/brightness.
- Installed ACPIBrightness.kext with kext wizard. Repaired kernel cache (but not permissions).

I can reboot to the Yosemite desktop if I boot to clover using the USB stick, then select OS X on the hard drive. From here I can replace the DSDT.aml with the one I created in the previous step (ie. just USB patches) and can reboot without the USB. Once I try to patch it again however, I meet the above error.

Where am I going wrong?

EDIT: Additional things I should have mentioned:
- I downloaded Rehabman's repo and I'm patching, directly using the .txt files themselves rather than via sources. I find it easier to find them this way.
- I'm using graphics_PNLF.txt, NOT lenovo_ux10_PNLF.
- After exporting both the .aml and .dsl and rebooting, ensuring everything works thus far (ie. usb), I then load the .dsl, NOT the .aml into MaciASL to continue patching as per later steps.----> in other words, I am not loading the dsdt.aml in /patched into Maciasl, but rather its .dsl equivalent, exported at the same time via Maciasl 'save'.

- Will provide IOReg output ASAP. Thanks Rehabman.

I'm having trouble progressing past this stage.

When rebooting after performing the above steps, I see the apple logo and it loads to about 40%, then the screen goes black (but is still illuminated, if that makes sense).

Loading verbose has a similar effect; the black text finishes flashing across the screen, then it reverts to the illuminated black screen.

As suggested by Lazarus, I backed up my DSDTs as both .dsl and .amls. So far, I have only edited the original DSDT once to patch the USB. I kept both .dsl and .aml backups.

My steps were as follows:
- Loaded the DSDT.dsl into MaciASL that I exported during the previous step (to fix USB) (which was working fine after reboot). Patched with with Graphics_PNLF.txt. Compiled (no errors), then exported the DSDT as .aml and .dsl for backup purposes.
- Replaced the DSDT I created in the previous step (to fix USB) in /patched with the new DSDT.aml I just patched for sleep/brightness.
- Installed ACPIBrightness.kext with kext wizard. Repaired kernel cache (but not permissions).

I can reboot to the Yosemite desktop if I boot to clover using the USB stick, then select OS X on the hard drive. From here I can replace the DSDT.aml with the one I created in the previous step (ie. just USB patches) and can reboot without the USB. Once I try to patch it again however, I meet the above error.

Where am I going wrong?

Use external monitor.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Attachments

• Alexchance Lenovo U410 'Copy of IOReg'.ioreg
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back