Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo U310/U410 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only look for specific problems, once such problems are reporting. Waste of my time looking for unspecified problems.
Oh, okay no problem. One thing i have noticed. whilst on my road trip this weekend i notice when the lid is closed(sleeping), the fan continuously comes one every 30-60 seconds. To me it sounds like it is 'waking up' (or attempting to) whilst the lid is closed. Could this be due to the backlight control or maybe the power management?

Oh, okay no problem. One thing i have noticed. whilst on my road trip this weekend i notice when the lid is closed(sleeping), the fan continuously comes one every 30-60 seconds. To me it sounds like it is 'waking up' (or attempting to) whilst the lid is closed. Could this be due to the backlight control or maybe the power management?

Sounds like instant wake. Read ACPI patching guide...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

want thank everyone so far, my laptop is almost working perfectly. the only problem I'm having atm is my trackpad stops working randomly and its fixed when i restart my laptop. have no idea whats causing it. thanks

want thank everyone so far, my laptop is almost working perfectly. the only problem I'm having atm is my trackpad stops working randomly and its fixed when i restart my laptop. have no idea whats causing it. thanks

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

--

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

--

Also, check your system.log upon trackpad failure.

I search for upgrade this laptop to sierra 10.12, but I can't find nothing. Is possible to upgrade o there are same issues?

10.12 is very similar to procedures used on 10.11.
But refer to this thread for differences:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

One big problem for this laptop is the fact that ACPIBacklight.kext does not work on 10.12.4.
Until a fix is found, you won't be able to get brightness controls to work due to this laptop not using Intel IGPU PWM for backlight control (so AppleBacklightInjector.kext is not a possibility).

You need to use Brightness by bergdesign.

No.
This laptop does not use the IGPU PWM for backlight.
Thank you!
Brightness by bergdesign works. Should I remove ACPIBacklight.kext from SLE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back