Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad X240

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

with later versions of clover, you need to make sure you have either
OsxAptioFixDrv, OsxAptioFix2Drv, OsxAptioFix3Drv or AptioMemoryFix.efi
in drivers/UEFI

I have filled my hardware profile ;-D

I did all steps (pre-installation and Mojave installation) from post #26.
* Using r4658 Clover (image from post #26) from RehabMan from https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/clover/downloads/
* Using AptioMemoryFix-64.efi in EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI (post #26)
* Using these kexts (latest versions) AirportBrcmFixup.kext, SMCLightSensor.kext, VirtualSMC.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext, SMCProcessor.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext, Lilu.kext, SMCSuperIO.kext, WhateverGreen.kext, SMCBatteryManager.kext, USBInjectAll.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other (post #26)
* Using SSDT-x240.aml (not SSDT-T440S.aml as said in post #26) and config.plist from this repo https://github.com/Sniki/Lenovo-Thinkpad-X240

When I use config.plist I get black screen without screen output (I use -v verbose mode). Is it a graphics problem? I don't see intel injected
When I use config.plist.fromHighSierra (this is the only difference -config.plist.fromHighSierra with HD4400 intel injected-) the boot stop at "End RandomSeed" whitout pluses
-> plist file is the only difference, same kexts, patch, aml, etc.

Can you help me?
I don't know how I can continue

Sorry for my bad english

I have filled my hardware profile ;-D

I did all steps (pre-installation and Mojave installation) from post #26.
* Using Clover from RehabMan from https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/clover/downloads/
* Using AptioMemoryFix-64.efi in EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI (post #26)
* Using these kexts (latest versions) AirportBrcmFixup.kext, SMCLightSensor.kext, VirtualSMC.kext, IntelMausiEthernet.kext, SMCProcessor.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext, Lilu.kext, SMCSuperIO.kext, WhateverGreen.kext, SMCBatteryManager.kext, USBInjectAll.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other (post #26)
* Using SSDT-x240.aml (not SSDT-T440S.aml as said in post #26) and config.plist from this repo https://github.com/Sniki/Lenovo-Thinkpad-X240

When I use config.plist I get black screen without screen output (I use -v verbose mode). Is it a graphics problem? I don't see intel injected
When I use config.plist.fromHighSierra (this is the only difference -config.plist.fromHighSierra with HD4400 intel injected-) the boot stop at "End RandomSeed" whitout pluses
-> plist file is the only difference, same kexts, patch, aml, etc.

Can you help me?
I don't know how I can continue

Sorry for my bad english
use a later version of clover from the downloads section

I have deleted the EFI folder from the external HDD Mojave
I have installed Clover r4961 version UEFI Boot in the external HDD Mojave
I have updated the EFI folder with SSDT-x240.aml, config.plist and kexts (Others) from post #26

Boot with verbose mode: Boot stop at "End Random" whitout pluses ...

It's post #26 valid?
If is invalid, can you say to me the "full stack"? Clover version and EFI folder

I have deleted the EFI folder from the external HDD Mojave
I have installed Clover r4961 version UEFI Boot in the external HDD Mojave
I have updated the EFI folder with SSDT-x240.aml, config.plist and kexts (Others) from post #26

Boot with verbose mode: Boot stop at "End Random" whitout pluses ...

It's post #26 valid?
If is invalid, can you say to me the "full stack"? Clover version and EFI folder
you will have to upload your problem reporting files

Done, "End RandomSeed" is the last output, without pluses ...
Using latest Clover from original repository, "End RandomSeed" is the last output, without pluses ...

In the post #142 I did all steps from post #26 and I have uploaded the report files ...
In the post #146 I have updoaded the updates from post #142
It's the post #26 valid?

Last edited:
Hi,

To do :

1/ Disable "Secure Rollback Prevention" in Bios menu (restarting Windows 10 and strike F1 when your screen is black).
2/ Restart Windows and Download the 2.36 UEFI Bios for x240 package from :
https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/fr/fr/...ries-laptops/thinkpad-x240/downloads/ds035950
3/ Install it and choose "Exit" when the error message is displayed
4/ Open a cmd terminal (C:\Windows\System32, find cmd.exe, right clic and "Run as administrator") then type (or copy/paste):
C:\DRIVERS\FLASH\giuj23us\WinFlash64.exe /sd /file C:\DRIVERS\FLASH\giuj23us\GIET86WW\$01DE000.FL1

and voilà !
I have downgraded bios in my X240 to 2.36(from the 2.5X) using your instruction and weird thing is that the message "Unauthorized network card is plugged in..." is still showing up. I tried flashing bios to 2.36 from windows/usb(even flashing 2.24 then again 2.36), CMOS reset and still nothing. Do you think that it has something to do with Embedded Controller Version? My version of ECV shows always: GIHT32WW (1.17) no matter what BIOS version I have currently installed in.

my wlan card is DW1820A(I tried DW1560 too)

Last edited:
hay

after following the instructions, trackpad does not work perfectly, cursor can work when using mac os, but trackpad does not work when logging into windows, what do I need to do?

thanks

Hi

I have a Thinkpad x240 i5 4300U with HD4400 integrated graphics and 8GB RAM
I did all the pre-installation and installation actions (mojave), but when I try boot from the "fresh" install (external HDD), I get full back screen (with verbose mode, no output)

I have High Sierra installed on another external disk and it boots without problems.

With config.plist (attached) I get black screen
With config.plist.fromHighSierra (attached) I get "End RandomSeed" without plus
View attachment 426872

An external disk (USB) cannot be used!!!!!!
I have installed it on an internal SSD (M2 SATA) and it boots, although I have problems with "apfs_keybag" and restart

To be continue ...

Last edited:
Hey guys, anyone plugged in WQHD monitor (2K resolution) on this X240? My monitor model is Dell U2713HM.

I've tested on windows I can use the resolution just fine. But when on hackintosh the screen is flickering. I can see it able to set to WQHD resolution, but every mouse movement will make the screen flickered and turn off the display for few seconds. I guess it has something to do with the mini display port on this laptop. Do I need an extra kext for this?

Right now I'm using a VGA connector for external display. But with VGA I'm only able to get up to 1080p.

https://github.com/handicap88/ThinkPad-X240-WINDOWS-LINUX-APPLE/
2hack.jpg

Maybe someone still watching this topic. I specified my issues on README

Really wanna know if there is solution for SD card reader stoping work after hibernate (I use new kext and Jettison doesn't help)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back