Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad X240

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

I am having issues with my X240 setup.
Basically I am using a mix of the original x240.aml file, but ignored some parts like USB.
I go with these hot patch files only:
#include "SSDT-XOSI.dsl"
#include "SSDT-BAT.dsl"
#include "SSDT-KBD.dsl"
#include "SSDT-ALS0.dsl"

Most of the stuff is proper working, but I want to use my Lenovo dock.
2 Problems:
  1. the Laptop display is NOT showing as internal
  2. The HDMI output is working, BUT I can't boot with HDMI connected. I must connect HDMI after the system booted.

USB isn't setup fully, will do this later with a separate SSDT.

How can I fix this please?

Thanks in advance

URBANsUNITED

Attachments

• URBANsUNITED_HDMI_connected.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 102
  • URBANsUNITED_no_HDMI_connected.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 125
Hi Guys thanks for the excellent work. For me everything is working after the guide on post nr. 26, I'm running Mojave on the Lenovo x240.
Only one annoying issue, it's taking too long to boot osx. The Apple progress bar goes quite fast until the middle way and after that gets slower and slower. After around 4 minutes the system boots and everything is working. I have followed exactly the procedures of post 26.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Sorry guys, my bad. I forgot to copy the VirtualSmc.efi to the appropriate folder. I found out by booting in verbose mode and noticed that it got stuck at smc something. Now it's booting fast again and everything working.
You guys do an amazing job. Thanks!

Do not ask me how but I managed to make audio working, I think I installed voodoo and also installed kexts APPLEALC, LILU , APPLEHDALC ,ALC3232 and rebooted lots of time. You can check the screenshots for voodoo audio.

If you find a logic behind please post it for all of us.

As similar with what Takywhooy said, X240 touchpad scrolling with two fingers is painfully slow... sliding down is better than sliding up. I tried to change the setting in trackpad sys pref but with no difference. Is any way to fix that?

The scrolling gets much improved by installing that simple app you can download for free at. That solved the problem for me.

Hi Guys thanks for the excellent work. For me everything is working after the guide on post nr. 26, I'm running Mojave on the Lenovo x240.
Only one annoying issue, it's taking too long to boot osx. The Apple progress bar goes quite fast until the middle way and after that gets slower and slower. After around 4 minutes the system boots and everything is working. I have followed exactly the procedures of post 26.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!
Hey! Was wondering regarding the x240's intel hd graphics 4400 if you did anything special to get it to work.
Since by default bios settings it only has 32MB DVMT Pre-Allocated RAM. Was using OP's plist enough for you?

Hi, yes it worked for me just buy following every step on post 26, including his config.plist. I didn't have to do anything else with my bios for the HD graphics specifically to get it working.

I just got a hold of a x240 and i installed the v2.36 bios and the whitelist is still there. My machine was on a bios firmware lower than 2.36 so i just updated right away. Anything else im missing?

I just got a hold of a x240 and i installed the v2.36 bios and the whitelist is still there. My machine was on a bios firmware lower than 2.36 so i just updated right away. Anything else im missing?
Oh I also did exactly the same and I'm waiting my Broadcom card to arrive. But I actually don't know how to check if it's still with whitelist. How do I check that?

I've tried 2.36 with a broadcom wifi card and the bios still complained about it.
Bios modding seems to be really be the only way to solve this issue since following
doesn't really work (in my case atleast).

I've tried 2.36 with a broadcom wifi card and the bios still complained about it.
Bios modding seems to be really be the only way to solve this issue since following
doesn't really work (in my case atleast).
I also confirm that bios 2.36 refused my Broadcom card.
At boot it says unauthorized card, turn off computer, remove card and reboot computer.
Something else to try or only modding bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back