Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad X240

Status
Not open for further replies.
RehabMan, I prefer to stay with my configuration, it is strange but fully functional. Thank you for your link but I do not want to read all the technical operations of Clover, DSDT injections, ... Sorry but it's too technical! Your interlocutors are not all Americans or bilingual or electronics engineers...

Have a good day/night.

Regards.

Your choice.

Hi! On my X240 Mojave works like a charm, but touchpad scrolling with two fingers works terribly... sliding fast on touchpad scrolls about 10-20px, sliding slow scrolls 100-150px and it always work on sliding down, when up it jumps, or not even work. Is any way to fix that?

Hi Sniki, @RehabMan
Can set Virtual Memory on Mojave ? and How?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey!

Does anyone tried to get it work with docking station? I have one, and sometimes it stucks on KP, recalling to the IOGraphicsFamily.kext. Did anyone face with this? Also, USB ports on docking station are not working at all.

No idea what you're referring to. macOS uses/sets up virtual memory on its own.
Thanks @RehabMan
The memory Ram is usually full with only a few hundred MB and slow, So I asked about virtual memory .
my machine VM =0
Thanks.

Hello everyone... followed to the letter guide posted at n. 26 post, but for the sake of me I can't get audio working. Tried also apple alc method. I had a run also with Voodoohda but it only works with speakers and stops working as soon as it goes in sleep mode. Is there anyone with working audio under Mojave?
Attached files for trouble shooting as per OP. Thanks

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 211
  • IoReg.zip
    465.2 KB · Views: 151
  • RehabMan.zip
    41 KB · Views: 183
  • kextstat|grep -y acpiplat .rtf.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 139
Hi Sir, I install High Sierra on my Thinkpad X240 , and I have some issues on USB , where I plug my USB DAC the alert showing "USB need power" , Please help me

Last edited:
Hello everyone... followed to the letter guide posted at n. 26 post, but for the sake of me I can't get audio working. Tried also apple alc method. I had a run also with Voodoohda but it only works with speakers and stops working as soon as it goes in sleep mode. Is there anyone with working audio under Mojave?
Attached files for trouble shooting as per OP. Thanks

Do not ask me how but I managed to make audio working, I think I installed voodoo and also installed kexts APPLEALC, LILU , APPLEHDALC ,ALC3232 and rebooted lots of time. You can check the screenshots for voodoo audio.

If you find a logic behind please post it for all of us.

As similar with what Takywhooy said, X240 touchpad scrolling with two fingers is painfully slow... sliding down is better than sliding up. I tried to change the setting in trackpad sys pref but with no difference. Is any way to fix that?

Attachments

• Hacintosh-master.zip
    60.8 MB · Views: 357
Hi, I have followed the guide posted at n. 26 post. Thinkpad x240 with HD4400 intel graphics.

I have installed it in an external HDD (USB 2.0) and when I want to boot to start with the final configuration (account, location, etc) and boot from the USB Installer, shows "End RandomSeed" and don't boot (without +++++++++++++++)

Previously, I could install it following this guide https://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?t=127240 but I detected the graphic as an HD3000 (no HD4400) and there were glitches and there was no sound.
But I could boot from the external HDD

I'm sorry for my bad english

How can I solve the "End RandomSeed" problem? SATA-unsupported.kext maybe?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back