Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad X240

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Which file system to choose during the installation for SATA SSD?
Format the Sata SSD as APFS, even if you pick HFS+J, the installer will automatically convert it to APFS during installation.

Can I update UEFI without a battery (for example, under Linux)? However, I want to try to install Mojave in the latest version of UEFI (the current one is 2.32, but the latest version is 2.44).
Im not sure if understood you, what kind of UEFI version are you referring to ?

For the Whitelist Removal all links are dead, someone has the links programs? Are they only on Windows works??

For the Whitelist Removal all links are dead, someone has the links programs? Are they only on Windows works??
Follow these instructions but make sure to use the x240 bios instead
Hello again- Found some exciting info regarding BIOS v2.36 that removes the whitelist. I was able to downgrade from the lastest version of the T440s BIOS on my machine to v2.36 using a little cmd script. Credit: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Lenovo-RollbackUsually, this is not allowed by Lenovo.

Instructions:
-Download the v2.36 (.exe) version from Lenovo here.
-Run the installer, attempt to install the downgrade and let it fail. Exit the installer.
-Be sure computer has really good charge or is plugged in.
-Open command prompt, paste this command (C:\DRIVERS\FLASH\gjuj23us\WinFlash64.exe /sd /file C:\DRIVERS\FLASH\gjuj23us\GJET86WW\$01DF000.FL1), accept UAC message, and let it run.
-You should now have BIOS v2.36 with the removed whitelist.

Note: I assume this also works for the T440 as they use the same BIOS, and I accidentally installed the T440 branded BIOS on my T440s and it is working fine.

I've yet to confirm myself that the whitelist is removed as I need to find a BCM card to install, but based off what others have said this seems to be a reliable method.

Hello All,
I happily ran a Probook for years, but with my new x240 I'm falling down right at the whitelist removal step. I don't have any experience with these tools, and unfortunately the guide on bios-mods.com appears to have been written using a machine translator, and every single link in the linked guide is dead. Can anyone point me to a guide for doing the bios dump for absolute beginners? I have the clip and the USB programmer, along with a windows machine to download the bios and write the new one, but beyond that I'm stumped - the programmer comes with zero software or instructions and the guides on bios-mods seem to assume a level of comfort with these tools that I don't have.

From what I've read, all versions of the Lenovo-supplied bios for the x240 maintain the whitelist, but many other models including the T440 have done away with it.

I think that I have to take it from here, because it is the page of the x240.

I have to install Windows, can I do it from bootcamp or Clover? I just want to use only for this purpose.

Thank you very much!!!

I think that I have to take it from here, because it is the page of the x240.

I have to install Windows, can I do it from bootcamp or Clover? I just want to use only for this purpose.

Thank you very much!!!
Try to find version 2.36 it doesn’t have whitelist.

Try to find version 2.36 it doesn’t have whitelist.
ok, I did it, but I have a message when the laptop is on power on:

1802: Unauthorized network card is plugged in - Power off and remove the network card (0A5C/216F).

1802: Unauthorized network card is plugged in - Power off and remove the network card (14E4/43B1/1028/0019).

What should I do?

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back