Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad X240

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, just updated my x240 to Catalina, everything seems to work great but audio is not working anymore. I use alc3232 kext and tried to reset hda and also some other layout ids like 28 or 2... Is there something else to try? Before it was working perfectly in Mojave.

Hi, just updated my x240 to Catalina, everything seems to work great but audio is not working anymore. I use alc3232 kext and tried to reset hda and also some other layout ids like 28 or 2... Is there something else to try? Before it was working perfectly in Mojave.
Found out the solution. It seems that the new version of clover was not injecting properly the layout Id for the audio codec. After trying different ids I thought that maybe it was a conflict with the acpi patched file x240.aml. I was right, replaced the old aml file with another one I found from a user that installed Catalina, this file has less information about the audio device, so it let's the injection of the layout Id to the config.plist that I edited with clover configurator. If someone needs more details let me know.

AppleALC instead, files from my Github X240 repo are already set up, only the guide here hasn't been updated yet.
Should come out soon for both mojave and catalina with the new changes and improvements, full dock support etc.

Sleep when closing lid is broken(won't go to sleep) in clover 5100 and up I am using @Sniki github x240 repo
Just noticed that for me this issue happens only when the laptop is plugged to power. When its only on battery closing the lid still make it sleep. Is it the same for you?

Just noticed that for me this issue happens only when the laptop is plugged to power. When its only on battery closing the lid still make it sleep. Is it the same for you?
This is not an issue with my files it's a Clover problem.
Im using OpenCore and never had or have issues with sleep neither with any previous Clover version.

But i will try to take a look when i have time for it and maybe figure out the problem and report to clover devs.

@romy4444 and @Sniki Both for Battery Power and AC Power. It started with clover 5100. I saw the changelog of that clover (5100) revision and its clear that they fixed( or changed) something in DSDT Patching. r5101 changed the folder structure of clover. Something they added and they didn’t notify the users though.
Their changelog is equal to zero, zero explanation on what they did under the hood.
Equal to Facebook/Instagram Updates on Android Play Store: Information not provided by the developer...

@Sniki This is where I got the info on what they changed in clover. This is Slice's official Clover releases github

You didn't get my point,i know their github, i know that they changed something but there is no real description on what did they change exactly so we can have a clear understanding of the new version patching pattern.

By the way, do you guys have brightness control working on Catalina? Mine is not working, what should I do to fix it?
Thanks.

Only two issues left for macOS Catalina guide and new files to come out.

1. I am waiting for an answer/solution from Acidanthera on how to add a function to send command:
0x1a SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x24 directly from AppleALC at boot time to fix static noise on headphones.
This way we don't need CodecCommander.kext and ALCPlugFix anymore.

2. A kernel panic when trying to Shutdown or Restart while on Dock and while a VGA/DVI/DisplayPort output (TV/Display) is connected.

Since i usually tend to release very stable guides/files i would like to incorporate these two fixes as well so everything works perfect.

Note: Received the X250 TouchPad upgrade with physical buttons today and the experience and usage satisfaction upgraded from a 3/10 to 10/10.

Installation as most of the people claim that it's terrible because it has no screws compared to T or L series and is only with a adhesive, it was a 5 min process for me.

Simply removed the back, removed internal battery, removed the plastic cover and the cable, pushed the touchpad from the pack gently, before placing the new one, i plugged the touchpad cable into the new one while keeping it close to its place and closed the tightening cable clip with a - screwdriver, placed it on his place and it got tightened on that same adhesive.

On Windows, into device manager > uninstalled the current drivers and checkmarked the box to remove drivers as well.
Downloaded the Drivers from the X250 page on support.lenovo .com
turned off internet connection, rebooted, when i booted, opened the downloaded driver package, but removed the checkmark to install the drivers so they just extracted, i opened device manager > Update the touchpad driver, picked let me choose manually > Have Disk > Browsed to the extracted X250 driver on C:\Drivers\Win\... etc and installed drivers. rebooted and voila !
Physical buttons work, middle button + trackpoint for scroll, as for macOS no changes needed, VoodooPS2Controller recognizes it automatically.

My maximum volume is a too quiet. Does anybody know what I have to modify to get a louder sound output?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back