Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad X240

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know but unfortunately it doesn't work and there is no fix for that.
The reason it was working on your first installation is:
Because it was not a cold boot and the firmware remained loaded when you started installation after last windows boot.
As soon as you shutdown the laptop and leave it for a while it won't load back.

No, I don't use Windows or Linux.
I boot High Sierra and I install https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Adapter-Clover/releases/tag/V7 (I am using an USB Wifi) and reboot
From reboot High Sierra, laptop starts with BT detected and enabled. (From HS to HS, no Windows, no Linux)
From reboot again High Sierra, laptop starts with BT not detected

When install or update some kext (I don't know what kext it is), BT is detected and enabled

I'm sorry for my bad english

Last edited:
Hi @TruongLT

I have tried to install mojave following the steps in this post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-thinkpad-x240.245583/post-1834072, but I have not succeeded.
I did all steps from pre-installation and installation (mojave), but when I try boot from mojave "fresh" installation I get "End RandomSeed" without pluses.

Can you send me your EFI folder for testing? I have an Thinkpad x240 i5-4300U with HD4400 as you. High Sierra works fine (without wifi, without BT), but Mojave is impossible for me ?????

Thanks

P
Hi @TruongLT

I have tried to install mojave following the steps in this post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-thinkpad-x240.245583/post-1834072, but I have not succeeded.
I did all steps from pre-installation and installation (mojave), but when I try boot from mojave "fresh" installation I get "End RandomSeed" without pluses.

Can you send me your EFI folder for testing? I have an Thinkpad x240 i5-4300U with HD4400 as you. High Sierra works fine (without wifi, without BT), but Mojave is impossible for me ?????

Thanks
Use the latest version of Clover from SourceForge, the Rehabman Clover is outdated, not updated for a long time, it doesn't work.

Hi @Sniki

I have two (2) external HDDs:

* ExtHDD1: High Sierra 10.13.6
* ExtHDD2: Mojave 10.14 (impossible boot in laptop)

and two (2) hackintosh:

* Dell Optiplex 3020 i3-4150 HD4400 with internal HD Mojave: works fine Mojave ;-D
* Thinkpad x240 i5-4300U HD4400 with external ExtHDD1: works fine High Sierra ;-D

I try external ExtHDD2 with:
* Dell Optiplex 3020 with external ExtHDD2 and works fine !!!!
* Thinkpad x240 and boot fails (End RandomSeed without +++++++)

What is the problem? Clover version? I do not think so.
Is something missing in the BIOS that works with High Sierra and does not work with Mojave?

Can you help me? I did all steps from #26 post (preinstallation -boot in x240-, and installation -no boot in x240-)

Hello,
I tried to install mojave with the instruction on page 3 and also with other clover version.
Every Time clover is stucking on loading mac os After install on „End RandomSeed“.

Is there and trick to get further or is it not possible to Boot from an external Drive?

Attached the clover output

It happens the same to me (Boot fails on "End RandomSeed" without ++++++++)

* ExtHDD2: Mojave 10.14

and two (2) hackintosh:

* Dell Optiplex 3020 i3-4150 HD4400
* Thinkpad x240 i5-4300U HD4400

>>> Booting from ExtHDD2: I cannot boot from ExtHDD2 in my Thinkpad x240, but I can boot from same ExtHDD2 in Dell Optiplex 3020 i3-4150 HD4400
>>> Booting from ExtHDD1: I can boot from ExtHDD1 in my Thinkpad x240

Can anybody help me?

Last edited:
Will there be an updated tutorial for Catalina? or at least updated config.plist and/or patch files?
Guides almost done, they will be published both for Catalina and Mojave.

It happens the same to me (Boot fails on "End RandomSeed" without ++++++++)

* ExtHDD2: Mojave 10.14

and two (2) hackintosh:

* Dell Optiplex 3020 i3-4150 HD4400
* Thinkpad x240 i5-4300U HD4400

>>> Booting from ExtHDD2: I cannot boot from ExtHDD2 in my Thinkpad x240, but I can boot from same ExtHDD2 in Dell Optiplex 3020 i3-4150 HD4400
>>> Booting from ExtHDD1: I can boot from ExtHDD1 in my Thinkpad x240

Can anybody help me?

An external disk (USB) cannot be used!!!!!!
I have installed it on an internal SSD (M2 SATA) and it boots, although I have problems with "apfs_keybag" and restart

To be continue ... with Catalina?

Last edited:
Hi everyone, is there a fix for the vga port? Running it on Catalina
Mojave and Catalina guide should be up very soon, almost done.
VGA port works too

Hi all! Has anyone tried Catalina 10.15.1 on x240 or any other laptop with iGPU? Some say the update can cause problems for laptops due to "heavy changes" in the Framebuffer.
Working perfect on my X240, installed yesterday.

Hi guys! I have a problem making the hackitosh to my X240

I make the tutorial, but when i finish de instalation, i cannot make the first boot into desktop, apple logo, and at the middle of the bar it reboots.

It boots with safe mode flag on Clover. I tried verbose mode, but the only thing that i reach to see is "Try to rebooting the sistem" i think this is after de KP.

I miss something? i use any kext, any colver custom version that i found in the tutorial.

PD: i didnt flash the bios for a custom one. Im aware of the wifi problem with this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back