Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad X240

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @RehabMan
All required files in clover.zip.
i tried to get update from app store. then external keyboard, mouse are not working and battery icon and battery % not shown.
when i disconnect my charger .it show notification your mac sleeps in 5 min or else. with red battery icon.
also i removedSSDT-x240.aml from the patched folder. but my hackintosh still able to boot. i think ssdt is not working on hackintosh.
thanks.

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Did not check anything else.

Hi has anyone tried the x240 high sierra on the Lenovo ThinkPad Ultra Dock 40A2 ? I have built using this guide all works fine until I dock the unit. the Machine restarts looks to be a gpu error, was under the impression the dock requires no drivers .. works fine under windows 10 and Linux mint. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hello everyone... followed to the letter guide posted at n. 26 post, but for the sake of me I can't get audio working. Tried also apple alc method. I had a run also with Voodoohda but it only works with speakers and stops working as soon as it goes in sleep mode. Is there anyone with working audio under Mojave?
Attached files for trouble shooting as per OP. Thanks

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 108
  • IoReg.zip
    465.2 KB · Views: 91
  • kextstat|grep -y acpiplat .rtf.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 96
  • RehabMan.zip
    41 KB · Views: 89
One question, I know, that it is a forum for hackintosh, but I have a big problem with Windows 10. I need it. But I cannot find the drivers for the BCM94352Z Wireless. And it does not work.

Does somebody have the drivers for Windows 10?

Thanks!!!

There are two guides with the same title. Now I'm confused on which one to follow on Mojave, the first post on this thread or the post 26 on the other thread?

Hello,
I tried to install mojave with the instruction on page 3 and also with other clover version.
Every Time clover is stucking on loading mac os After install on „End RandomSeed“.

Is there and trick to get further or is it not possible to Boot from an external Drive?

Attached the clover output

Attachments

• B61FA4B9-632D-4DC9-B64E-02605D607788.jpeg
    B61FA4B9-632D-4DC9-B64E-02605D607788.jpeg
    408.2 KB · Views: 132
Hey there!

I am experiencing a flickering of pixels across the whole screen, especially on darker background it can be seen as little coloured dots appearing across the screen. I followed this guide for x240, I also tried the guide specially for Intel HD 4400 and it doesn't seem to fix the problem.

I need your help! I've done a fresh install of High Sierra where was the problem and now I updated to Mojave but the problem persist. I've installed everything what I found needed in the post-installation and everything seems to work fine except this.

I created the problem reporting dump via script here on forum, I hope its complete.

Thanks a lot for all your help I am so grateful for all the guides and great support, I am learning so much about hackintosh on this forum :thumbup:

Attachments

• debug_3017.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 141
Hi everyone, sorry for the lack of support.
The guide for macOS Mojave should be up soon.
It includes some great improvements in both stability and performance and code cleanup.

I have a question related to X240 users:
I have found a X240 brand new in the box for 150€
It's the Core i5 4300U and 128GB SSD
1366x768 non touch display (will upgrade to 1080p)
4GB ram (will upgrade to 8GB)
Do you think it is worth it for that price ?

My question about this machine are:
- how is the average battery life on this laptop
- if anyone has the 1080p display how is it on macOS, do you have HiDPI set or you use at 100% scale, is it ok to work on it like that.

Thanks.

It includes some great improvements in both stability and performance and code cleanup.

- if anyone has the 1080p display how is it on macOS, do you have HiDPI set or you use at 100% scale, is it ok to work on it like that.

Thanks.

I think it is a good price. About the battery... Is is a delicated thema because it is a used battery, maybe with a new battery is another experience, but I made 3 hours with 3 celds but I've bought a big one with 10 hours...

I like how works with Mojave or Windows 10 and the screen with 1080p. How can I see the scale?

Thanks.
- My Laptop X240 ( I5 4300U, RaM 8G, HD screen 1366x768, touch screen ), 150€ is good price.
- Pin > 4.5h after 3 years of use. New > 6h
- Using Mac os 10.14.5 according to your instructions https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-thinkpad-x240.245583/page-3.
- If there is HiDPI for HD 1366x768 screen, I like.
Hope you support X240 soon on Macos Mojave and MacOS Catalina performance and code cleanup
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back