Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad X240

Status
Not open for further replies.
So physically disconnect internal battery will do reset EC? I will try it now
Disconnect physically the battery connector.
After disconnecting, hold down the Power button for 30sec
That should do an EC Reset.

There is no indication that an EC reset has been done by the laptop or on screen, in any form of a message, it's just a background process that you don't see.

There is no indication that an EC reset has been done by the laptop or on screen, in any form of a message, it's just a background process that you don't see.
Already done, not work.
A little off-topic, I face the random Bluetooth problem again but it might be Wi-Fi card related, because I'm using DW1830:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...etimes-with-busy-timeout-60s-bcm2045a0.258149

Are you using 'Discrete T' or 'Intel PTT' in BIOS 'Security Chip Selection'?

Are you using 'Discrete T' or 'Intel PTT' in BIOS 'Security Chip Selection'?
I will check and report back on evening, i believe i did disable it completely to avoid problems

I will check and report back on evening, i believe i did disable it completely to avoid problems
Thanks. I have already asked the bios mod problem, but the answer is still about disabling security chip , which i have done already. No further response.
Hoping that he will help me mod again.:)

Thanks. I have already asked the bios mod problem, but the answer is still about disabling security chip , which i have done already. No further response.
Hoping that he will help me mod again.:)
Yeah it seems like he doesn't want to reply me anymore... don't know why.
I have followed all the instructions:
#1 Security TAB Security Chip Disable
#2 Remove CMOS battery
#3 Reboot and hit escape to load operating system
#4 Shutdown from operating system
#5 Connect CMOS battery
#6 Reboot this time F1 enter bios
#7 Security TAB Change security Chip to inactive.
#8 F10 save and exit
#9 Reboot and hit escape to load operating system
#10 Set time with operating system.
It's still beeping.:(
After some Google, i found that disable Security Chip should solve this problem (no need of an rsa key fix, this fix is aiming to let TPM chip work), but in my case i think actually i don't/can't disable the chip completely from BIOS...
Maybe i should restart learning BIOS mod now:lol: Actually i had attempted modding BIOS before, but only with whitelist removal.

Last edited:
Yeah it seems like he doesn't want to reply me anymore... don't know why.
I have followed all the instructions:
#1 Security TAB Security Chip Disable
#2 Remove CMOS battery
#3 Reboot and hit escape to load operating system
#4 Shutdown from operating system
#5 Connect CMOS battery
#6 Reboot this time F1 enter bios
#7 Security TAB Change security Chip to inactive.
#8 F10 save and exit
#9 Reboot and hit escape to load operating system
#10 Set time with operating system.
It's still beeping.:(
After some Google, i found that disable Security Chip should solve this problem (no need of an rsa key fix, this fix is aiming to let TPM chip work), but in my case i think actually i don't/can't disable the chip completely from BIOS...
Maybe i should restart learning BIOS mod now:lol: Actually i had attempted modding BIOS before, but only with whitelist removal.
Honestly whitelist removal should be enough, although i did mod it with unlocked advanced menu as well, but whitelist is enough as most of the other extra settings are not needed at all (at some cases they might just cause additional trouble) if you change a settings without knowing what it does.

You can try modding from another guy.

Hi @RehabMan, I installed macOS High Sierra on my Thinkpad x240 and I have two issues :
First, the USB ports only works after 2 min of sleep after each reboot, and second the trackpad only works partially, it works fine if I avoid the center, the scroll speed is awfully slow and the touchpad gestures don't work.

Any suggestions ?
Thank you.

Attachments

• debug_25478.zip
    1 MB · Views: 106
Hi @RehabMan, I installed macOS High Sierra on my Thinkpad x240 and I have two issues :
First, the USB ports only works after 2 min of sleep after each reboot, and second the trackpad only works partially, it works fine if I avoid the center, the scroll speed is awfully slow and the touchpad gestures don't work.

Any suggestions ?
Thank you.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (ioreg missing).
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• debug_25478.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 90
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back