Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad X240 [OpenCore 0.6.7] [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @Handicap88 for the explanation.

Good news is that the AirportItlwm.kext has shown a screenshot on Gitter that his Dual Band AC is working, but he still seems to have an upload speeds problem that he needs to resolve as uploads are still not reaching max speeds.

In his screenshots he had a SpeedTest of 550+ Mbps Download speed.

This will land on next release v1.3 but after he resolves the upload speed issue.

Also i believe i resolved all issues regarding ALCPlugFix-Swift and will publish and update tomorrow.

@enochluo I had propably the same issue, your ThinkPad propably had generic screen replacement - use github documentation.

@Sniki I will move back to Intel 7260, this might be 'fake' DW1820a.. Wanna also ask, is card reader kext (sinetek) configurable to fix problem with lose driver after hibernate (shut down the cover). I store bought music on SD.. and..
Oh, I probably forgot the monitor of my laptop was changed. what GitHub documentation is you talking about?
Thanks for your experiences.

Guys guide has received a small update:
- Updated ALCPlugFix with correct ALC3232.plist configuration file
- Updated Config.plist: added alc-verbs DeviceProperty to support CustomVerbs from 3rd party apps (ALCPlugFix)
- Updated AppleALC.kext: added missing verbs from ConfigData and WakeConfigData

Now audio should work fine (without dock support yet).
I will update codecs on AppleALC by sending a pull request so we can have our one with Full Dock Support.

Hey! After the first time of trying to create my own EFI, which was unsuccessful, i found this guide. I did download the files from github, edit the Config.plist, because i still have the original x240 trackpad and a 768p screen, but even after that, i cant get my system to boot. I did put, hopefully, every file where it should be. Its getting stuck at "#[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] 2021-03-25T14:23:20".

[Edit]: I am using the Intel 7260 wifi/bluetooth card, if that matters here.

Any ideas on what i might have missed or am doing wrong ?

To be 100% sure, before run clear all KEXT-list on OC Configurator, and rescan directory again (turn off unused).
If you see load screen its almost fine. New LILU and some other drivers, can take longer to load. Am glad, if helped.

hey @Sniki, is there any ssdt files to help mapping the usb correctly?

hey, Sniki. I am the guy, who ask you question in GitHub.
The problems I meet:
1. bluetooth not found
2. brigtness control can only be used after sleep
3. the card reader unfound
hi, I want to show more about the bluetooth. I install windows on my x240 and it shows that bluetooth is in port 7.
qwe.PNG
螢幕截圖 2021-03-26 下午3.15.04.png

螢幕截圖 2021-03-26 下午3.14.47.png

when I switch to Mac OS, the port 7 is empty, only the camera is working. why? how can I solve it? rewrite a usb mapping kext?
I haven't change the usb kext

I have mount back the Intel 7260 WIFI. And couldn't install it on Windows, until I turned on CMS BOOT option in BIOS. (try) Perhaps I need to clean/rebuild UEFI Windows entry.. What is more interesting, i got this sound interference on the MacOS With 3Ghz WIFI, and Bluetooth on INTEL card too.. Only on MacOS, on many different audio devices. It could be avoided by Bluetooth Pan and Iphone's hotspot, but this way I not receive IP.. Somehow it's good advice to keed sync connection Bloetooth + Wifi, or 3G/LTE + wifi.. TO avoid network drops.

Last edited:
Bluetooth issues
Sorry, Sniki. I try to solve the problem of Bluetooth in big sur for a week, but it doesn't work.
Below photos are the bluetooth device in windows
UsbTreeView.png

BT_device manager.png

And then the wifi adaptor(n7260) in windows
Wifi_device manager.png

and the usb in big sur

IORegistryExplorer.png

Hackintool.png

USB_mac.png

also the bluetooth column in setting
BT_mac.png

I will also upload the efi folder, the bluetooth status extracted from UsbTreeView, IOReg file and DSDT
I hope you can use some time to check what i make wrong.
I am puzzled and wants to solve this problem, because it is necessary for airdrop and connecting bluetooth devices.

Attachments

• OC.zip
    58.9 MB · Views: 105
  • Bluetooth_UsbTreeView.txt
    18.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IOReg.ioreg
    8.1 MB · Views: 69
  • System DSDT.dsl
    542.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Bluetooth issues
Sorry, Sniki. I try to solve the problem of Bluetooth in big sur for a week, but it doesn't work.
Below photos are the bluetooth device in windows
View attachment 513753
View attachment 513754
And then the wifi adaptor(n7260) in windows
View attachment 513756
and the usb in big sur

View attachment 513758
View attachment 513759
View attachment 513760
also the bluetooth column in setting
View attachment 513761
I will also upload the efi folder and the bluetooth status extracted from UsbTreeView.
I hope you can use some time to check what i make wrong.
I am puzzled and wants to solve this problem, because it is necessary for airdrop and connecting bluetooth devices.
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back