Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad X240 [OpenCore 0.6.7] [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok after some testing I can confirm my x240 will not wake up after sleep. It's connected to an external monitor via Display Port. No signal in any of both screens, I had to press the power button for reboot.
The rest, as mentioned, works pretty well. Tried BT with some headphones and the built-in wifi module, no problem so far. Manual fan control works perfectly, auto tends to go on the noisy side, as we already discussed.

Pretty happy with the performance, tbh. Just some gimmicks there that could be improved. Thanks one more time.

I'm not having any audio problem at all. Tried integrated speakers, jack audio with some headphones and USB audio card as output. Everything 100% fine. Also tried MIDI input through USB, working very well too.

I will install Big Sur on my x240 tonight as it does have the DW1820A installed and test it.
Can you provide a clear scenario on how can you reproduce that interference ?

Bluetooth speakers, or headphones has trashy (losing signal) sound, when (actively) use 3G WI-FI Network. I got version CN-0VW3T3, without any PIN Mods. blog.daliansky.net wrote there is nothing we can do..

@angiolin @Parschulke working on a fix for ALCPlugFix, will let you all.
ok after some testing I can confirm my x240 will not wake up after sleep. It's connected to an external monitor via Display Port. No signal in any of both screens, I had to press the power button for reboot.
Will test on my X240 later after installation is completed, it didn't happen before, will check if any regression happened on my side.
Manual fan control works perfectly, auto tends to go on the noisy side, as we already discussed.
Something i will personally research for myself as well as it's really a PITA. A behavior present on Windows 10 as well, only Linux has shown the best work done regarding fan and i never hear the fan on idle or light use.
Bluetooth speakers, or headphones has trashy (losing signal) sound, when (actively) use 3G WI-FI Network. I got version CN-0VW3T3, without any PIN Mods. blog.daliansky.net wrote there is nothing we can do..
Hmm... Interesting, i have the different one (CN-096JNT), haven't tested on 3G network but i will test and report back. If it is 0VW3T3 specific, honestly that may be something out of my hands and there will be nothing to be done from my side (without having the card to done a more in-depth testing and see if there is something that can be possibly done).

hey, Sniki. I am the guy, who ask you question in GitHub.
The problems I meet:
1. bluetooth not found
2. brigtness control can only be used after sleep
3. the card reader unfound

Attachments

• OC.zip
    59 MB · Views: 85
  • x240_IO.zip
    645.6 KB · Views: 78
The problems I meet:
1. bluetooth not found
CPU:i7-4600u
wifi and bluetooth: Wireless-N 7260
touchpad is the standard
non-touch screen
the rest are as same as usual

The rest, as mentioned, works pretty well. Tried BT with some headphones and the built-in wifi module, no problem so far. Manual fan control works perfectly, auto tends to go on the noisy side, as we already discussed.

Pretty happy with the performance, tbh. Just some gimmicks there that could be improved. Thanks one more time.

I'm not having any audio problem at all. Tried integrated speakers, jack audio with some headphones and USB audio card as output. Everything 100% fine. Also tried MIDI input through USB, working very well too.
@wotansp i tested sleep, i left the laptop sleeping till morning and when i woke up, once i opened the LID, the laptop did just wake fine.

Might be Bios settings related too.

However i will test while keeping it plugged into DisplayPort till the next morning and see if it is specific to only while sleeping with DisplayPort connected.

The problems I meet:
1. bluetooth not found

CPU:i7-4600u
wifi and bluetooth: Wireless-N 7260
touchpad is the standard
non-touch screen
the rest are as same as usual
Ok thanks, i will check once i go home.

@wotansp i tested sleep, i left the laptop sleeping till morning and when i woke up, once i opened the LID, the laptop did just wake fine.

Might be Bios settings related too.

However i will test while keeping it plugged into DisplayPort till the next morning and see if it is specific to only while sleeping with DisplayPort connected.
Thing is.. if I sent it to sleep and then in a relative short time afterwards I wake it up, it does work. (I don't know, 10 minutes?). But If it stays longer it will not wake up, no signal in any of the displays. I'm going to check bios options anyway. Thanks

Thing is.. if I sent it to sleep and then in a relative short time afterwards I wake it up, it does work. (I don't know, 10 minutes?). But If it stays longer it will not wake up, no signal in any of the displays. I'm going to check bios options anyway. Thanks
I get it, but i tested without display connected and i left it asleep the entire night and woke up just fine, however i will leave it tonight till tomorrow morning connected into the external display while it is on sleep (7 hours) and see if displays wake up or not.

Make sure to check if Anti Theft Module and Security Chip are turned off

@enochluo I had propably the same issue, your ThinkPad propably had generic screen replacement - use github documentation.

@Sniki I will move back to Intel 7260, this might be 'fake' DW1820a.. Wanna also ask, is card reader kext (sinetek) configurable to fix problem with lose driver after hibernate (shut down the cover). I store bought music on SD.. and..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back