Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad X240 [OpenCore 0.6.7] [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance on this SMBIOS, but other than that it works decently on BigSur.

I couldn't resist and did an upgrade to Monterey. I changed SMBIOS to 12.1 and the upgrade took about 2 hours. Unfortunately, hibernation stopped working, USB ports stopped mounting USB drives and flash drives (the mouse was working so mapping was ok) and worst of all, random system crashes/slowdowns happened. System boot time also went up to over 4 minutes. I checked the logs and it's not related to trim. I was able to get the wifi working again. I also did an OpenCore update but overall it was pointless.

So compared to the BigSur it was a total failure. I also don't feel up to sewing it correct configuration for Monterey.

Is this display of the panel correct? I am wondering how to make a custom fan profile.

Screenshot 2022-03-14 at 16.28.13.png

hi,
good day everyone.
i have just installed catalina and upgraded to the latest big sur.
i used mbp11,1 smbios
i am using the standard x240 touchpad
i have followed the instruction from the sniki github page on changing some OC entry for the non touchscreen and for the stock standard touchpad
everything works well except for the touchpad now. i cant tap to click and i cant change the setting because in system preference, only mouse setting appear and not mouse and touchpad.

can anyone with a working touchpad with the right sys pref using the stock x240 touchpad (without the the physical buttons) and the i5 cpu share their config.plist? i want to make cross reference of where i might go wrong with mine

side note - my touchpad is working right now with all the gestures, however i cant set it to tap to click
side side note, brightness will only work after sleep

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-02 at 6.42.53 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-02 at 6.42.53 PM.png
    985.4 KB · Views: 53
i have just installed catalina and upgraded to the latest big sur.
i used mbp11,1 smbios
i am using the standard x240 touchpad
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you. They are only for listing components and details of your primary system you are seeking assistance for or your latest system.

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 5.59.14 AM.png

Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you. They are only for listing components and details of your primary system you are seeking assistance for or your latest system.

View attachment 547006
im sorry,
can i put 2 profiles since my desktop is currently running an old install of high sierra
currently im trying to set up hackintosh on my lenovo x240

Last edited:
This is updated (OpenCore 0.7.4, and Kexts - only default) version of @Sniki build for Big Sur.
BTW. Soon Monterey update, I hope X240 will still works..
One thing that makes me mad is - Turning off the laptop on plugged HDMI Screen to dock station, makes Reset with Crash Report.
Hi Handicap88,

Thanks for the EFI.
I have the same X240 configuration with Ultra dock running. I have been running Catalina via HDMI from Ultra dock to the external monitor. But after using Big Sur 11.6.5, Ultra dock HDMI connection to external monitor become no signal. I did not see any improvement even I apply your EFI. May I know if there is any setting is needed ? or any further setting is required ? Any instruction is appreciated.

I attached the hackintool to show the Connector having 2 DisplayPoint DP. Should it be alright ?

Any suggestion to enlighten me is really appreciated.

I also see @hornet141 using the EFI. Would you have any advice to me ?

Thanks for all

Update 1:
After Googling, knowing to bootup with close X240 lid and force the video output to external monitor via Ultradock HDMI, I got many iousbhostdevice@14500000:iousbhostdevice::updateidlepollicygated: consensus idle policy timeout 500ms
& the bootup stuck and is not successful. The bootup stuck screen is attached in pic 2.

If I boot without UltraDock, the bootup is successful & I attached the IOReg in attachment 3.

All Guru, Any idea ?

Update 2:
I overlooked the Original post that shows the Patching Display EDID is under WIP. Hence. in the meantime, I try using other Docking port first. Wait for the final release. I will update if I encountered any other problems.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-11 at 8.53.05 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-11 at 8.53.05 PM.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20220512_160152 (1).jpg
    IMG_20220512_160152 (1).jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 53
  • MacBook Pro.zip
    790.8 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Hi, may I know how u upgrade to the latest big sur? are you upgrading using software update?
what is your storage size? I upgraded to a 480gb m.2 sata right before updating. tried updating on a 120gb drive and it fails. you need at least 35gb (preferably more for the update to complete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back