Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad X240 [OpenCore 0.6.7] [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
Sorry, I correct it already

hey, Sniki. I am the guy, who ask you question in GitHub.
The problems I meet:
1. bluetooth not found
2. brigtness control can only be used after sleep
3. the card reader unfound
@Sniki I try you newest EFI OPencore but i get stock with this error
but when i use this OC from enochluo it's working

My x240 is touchscreen display

Anyone please help me

Attachments

• IMG_20210411_103014.jpg
    IMG_20210411_103014.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 102
  • OC.zip
    59 MB · Views: 113
Last edited:
ok so its now work with the latest OC from @Sniki , but i have weird problem , i need to close and open the laptop panel just to make the brightness to work.

ok so its now work with the latest OC from @Sniki , but i have weird problem , i need to close and open the laptop panel just to make the brightness to work.
I had the same problem before.
I can provide a useful method but it may make the related ssdt more complicated.
First, you can follow the guide "https://dortania.github.io/Getting-...ght-methods/manual.html#finding-the-acpi-path".
Second, you should download the sample ssdt "https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/tree/master/Docs/AcpiSamples/Source/SSDT-PNLF.dsl"(shown in the above guide).
Third, term "GFX0" should be changed to "VID"( I assume you know how to do)
Fourth, Compiling the SSDT and put the aml file into OC/ACPI/SSDT-PNLF.aml
The dortania guide is very detailed, if sth you don't know, refer to the guide and read repeatedly.

Hello everyone,

I've tried to use Sniki's EFI for installing Big Sur, with minimal changes (every changes followed the guides in Readme file, related with my screen & touchpad variation)
Everything works fine, i managed to enter Big Sur installation screen. However, on entering the last 12 minutes, the screen become black and a few seconds later my thinkpad rebooting.

since this issue is reproducible, i manage to take the a screen snap of the error log right before the screen become black and rebooting. attached is the screen snap, so sorry for the low quality image, as i have no other way to capture these error msg

also, attached is my version of Config.plist

anyone had a similar problem as mine? really appreciate it if anyone can help me out

additional notes:
this issue only occurs when i use Big Sur (tried 11.2.3 and 11.3.1).
however i managed successfully install Catalina (10.15.7) without any issues with the same opencore configuration

By the way, Kudos for Sniki for providing ready to use EFI configuration for us to use

Thank you :)

Attachments

• Config.plist
    45.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_20210601_082143_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210601_082143_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    988.2 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
According to the log, most likely a corrupted big sur installer, delete it and download it again from the mac app store.

Happened to me a few times, they tend to easily get corrupted unless compressed for backup

hello, my laptop has garbled screen ever since i first installed osx on it. i need to put it to sleep then wake up to fix the screen. i followed the guide in the github but still same issue. i attached the files i extracted by hackintool for reference

Attachments

• EDID Folder.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 120
Hello, everyone. Big thanks to sniki for collecting kexts etc for this machine. I've installed Catalina using the EFI folder from github making slight changes regarding screen and touchpad.
My only problem is that the Fn key doesn't work. I've tested in using keytester during opencore boot and at on online page called keyboard tester, where you press a key in the keyboard and see what key you pressed on the screen.
I would like to be able to use that button to replace left Ctrl key because I'm used to have Ctrl at that very position; if I manage to have fn working, I assume it's then easy to replace fn <-> left ctrl using Karabiner or something like that.
Another problem that I'm facing is that Ctrl-A doesn't seem to work although I've changed it from Settings. Ctrl-X-C-V works fine but pressing Ctrl-A just moves the cursor at the begging of the line. Command-A does the trick, it selects the whole text, but I need Ctrl-A to work. I'm not sure, though, that issue has to do with the hackintosch procedure itself or is rather a mac matter. edit same thing happens with Ctrl-F. I observer right now that after pressing left ctrl by itself or with another key, cursor is unmovable for 3-4 seconds.
I'm attaching pictures of my EFI folder to see what kexts etc I'm loading.

Finally, I'm upgrading to big sur tonight, hope doesn't break everything.

Thanks again to sniki and the whole community.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-04 at 12.08.24 AM.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-04 at 12.08.24 AM.png
    86.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot 2021-07-04 at 12.08.08 AM.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-04 at 12.08.08 AM.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 73
He
hey, Sniki. I am the guy, who ask you question in GitHub.
The problems I meet:
1. bluetooth not found
2. brigtness control can only be used after sleep
3. the card reader unfound
Helo there I don't know if it's fix or not but I have a fix for your brightness issu just in bios turn both options in uefi legacy boot my display is also replaced but after doing this my brightness was working instantly

This is updated (OpenCore 0.7.4, and Kexts - only default) version of @Sniki build for Big Sur.
BTW. Soon Monterey update, I hope X240 will still works..
One thing that makes me mad is - Turning off the laptop on plugged HDMI Screen to dock station, makes Reset with Crash Report.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    26.2 MB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back