Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad X240 [OpenCore 0.5.9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update it by yourself, or ask someone else. CellPhoneHelper was also deleted. It could makes more time on first run.

Last edited:
Can't tell without Problem Reporting files but it should be because you used a different SMBIOS than MacBookPro11,1 which is the default, USBPorts.kext does get matched with that one only.
Hey! Also can't run the webcam, it used to work sometimes when running Clover but now it does not at all. I have MacbookPro11,1 in smbios.
Thanks for your help!

Can't tell without Problem Reporting files but it should be because you used a different SMBIOS than MacBookPro11,1 which is the default, USBPorts.kext does get matched with that one only.

bro thanks for this awful guide . i did all you said in the guide and got everything set up from start except usb , and camera. they don't work. how can i fix them?

TURN OFF SECURE System Integrity Protection: disabled
FOR WEBCAM
TRY LINUX DRIVERS, OR CHANGE OPTIONS

Hey community!

I've just upgraded to Big Sur, everything works besides the webcam as far as I see.

TURN OFF SECURE System Integrity Protection: disabled
FOR WEBCAM
TRY LINUX DRIVERS, OR CHANGE OPTIONS
Could you explain how to try linux drivers?

Last edited:
I think you got someones ID..

What we could next for this laptop is:
- Changing backlit color
- Made hole for SD-Card in place of logo
- Fixing the CellPhoneHelpher (WWAN card issues)

Hi! Thanks for the guide, I managed to make it work flawlessly. I as surprised by the performance of the little old beast. However... there's something that disturbs me. I always used tpfancontrol on Windows and thinkfan on Linux, but there is no way I can control the fans on OSx. And they are quite loud as soon as the temps are above 50ºC (which is almost all the time). I can see the temps and other stuff with HWMonitorSMC2 but no trace of fans there or under mac fans control. Can we expect anything done in this regard or should we give up?

Hi! Thanks for the guide, I managed to make it work flawlessly. I as surprised by the performance of the little old beast. However... there's something that disturbs me. I always used tpfancontrol on Windows and thinkfan on Linux, but there is no way I can control the fans on OSx. And they are quite loud as soon as the temps are above 50ºC (which is almost all the time). I can see the temps and other stuff with HWMonitorSMC2 but no trace of fans there or under mac fans control. Can we expect anything done in this regard or should we give up?

The guide is scheduled for an update which it should land this week as it really got outdated.
A lot of improvements have happened and one of them is fan control as well with YogaSMC and fan reading.
Keyboard works natively with YogaSMC and overall i would say just wait for it.
It will become even a bigger little beast.
SD Car Reader also works perfect now even after wake from sleep.
YogaSMC.kext is a kext developed by zen-zhen, it is ported from Linux and it is a universal SMC kext for hackintosh for all Lenovo laptops.
You can also set charging control/ per battery. Etc.

The guide is scheduled for an update which it should land this week as it really got outdated.
A lot of improvements have happened and one of them is fan control as well with YogaSMC and fan reading.
Keyboard works natively with YogaSMC and overall i would say just wait for it.
It will become even a bigger little beast.
SD Car Reader also works perfect now even after wake from sleep.
YogaSMC.kext is a kext developed by zen-zhen, it is ported from Linux and it is a universal SMC kext for hackintosh for all Lenovo laptops.
You can also set charging control/ per battery. Etc.
Thanks bro, your guide is simply 1st class, unless so many different guides I followed in the past for several different machines, this was my first time that it worked "out of the box" (you know what I mean).

Eagearly waiting for your guide, can't wait to make this beast with Hackintosh quiet as a sleeping baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back