Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad X240 [OpenCore 0.5.9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a look at it and checked my BIOS, I have CSM enabled and still experiencing the issue. Tried to disable it to see if it helps, no difference. It's true though, that I have an aftermarket screen 1080p.

Edit: If I close the lid and open it again straight away, I have good image. It must be something small I'm missing.

Edit 2: I reset the BIOS and now it works, thanks jarno83 for the solution.
Can you explain what you mean by reset the bios, I'm also having the same issue with garbled screen. Thanks.

Changelog (13.07.2020)
  • Added missing BrcmFirmwareData.kext to fix Bluetooth problems on DW1560 and DW1820A (tested both cards using my AirPods and they work perfect now)
  • Added new SSDT-DW1820A build from scratch which is more optimized and includes user customizable options like brcmfx-country , brcmfx-driver, pcie-aspm-default and only works under macOS without affecting other OS
  • Changed BlacklistAppleUpdate to No and replaced with run-efi-updater = No NVRAM variable (this should fix the random system variable corrupted message)
  • Added Keyboard Fn+FnLock and Caps lock into SSDT-KBD for ThinkPadAssistant to have GUI feedback for these Buttons.
  • Reverted layout-id from 15 to 28 to use the new patched AppleALC.kext with Docking Station Support and auto switch
  • Added CodecCommander.kext and ALCPlugFix to fix audio problems with static/high pitch noise
  • Fixed Low volume on Speakers compared to Windows, would like some feedback on this.
  • Added Framebuffer patches for MiniDisplayPort and VGA to fix Video Output on these ports
  • Added -rtsx_mimic-linux boot-arg to fix SD Card Detection and initialization after wake from sleep
  • Disabled ResetNVRAM boot option as there is an issue on 2-3 latest lenovo bios versions that after resetting NVRAM the laptop will get bricked and will need to flash stock bios with SPI Programmer to fix it.

Hi there, do you mind giving us your currently BIOS version?

Also your BIOS setting?

Since I've upgraded my X240 to latest official BIOS without whitelist, I couldn't boot into installer with your EFI setup.

Thank you

Has anybody tried this and compared with the changes of OC 0.6.0? Also OpenCore 0.6.1 is just around the corner.
work fine, intel wifi work too

don't forget to install HeliPort intel wifi client
When I try booting with your EFI, I get the following error:

OCB: System has no boot entries
OC: Failed to show boot menu!
Halting on critical error

maybe need to reinstall system

this:
Code:
<key>ScanPolicy</key>
            <integer>17760515</integer>
            <key>SecureBootModel</key>
            <string>Default</string>

try changing to:
Code:
<key>ScanPolicy</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
            <key>SecureBootModel</key>
            <string>Disabled</string>

Here is my updated 0.6.3 version. Works fine with yesterday released BIG SUR. I changed S/N, as I use real one duplicate. CZERSTWY POMIDOREK

Last edited:
Here is my updated 0.6.3 version. Works fine with yesterday released BIG SUR. I changed S/N, as I use real one duplicate.

hi. I tried out your efi with my S/N but it didn’t work... On Catalina...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back