Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad X240 [OpenCore 0.5.9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your tip,
I did enter the bootloader but any of those options won't get me to the installed Mojave, I am curious to try it and see if some of the issues I have now persist and if Catalina will change it, though I don't like the idea of clean install I would like to keep all the apps and files as I have now.
Am I doing it wrong that I am trying to boot my former os which works with Clover? Do I need to always boot istaller with it?

Is there any way in which we could make handoff and airdrop work .?
Thank you so much for pushing me to retest, wifi works well now with Black80211 and made it even faster by adding cloud flare dns, here is the link if you're not familiar
Thanks for your tip,
I did enter the bootloader but any of those options won't get me to the installed Mojave, I am curious to try it and see if some of the issues I have now persist and if Catalina will change it, though I don't like the idea of clean install I would like to keep all the apps and files as I have now.
Am I doing it wrong that I am trying to boot my former os which works with Clover? Do I need to always boot istaller with it?
not sure I understood well. But if you are running clover and want to go to Opencore, this may help:

it’s from official Opencore guide.

:) I'm happy that wifi works for you too..! Hoping airdrop and handoff works in future..!:headbang:

not sure I understood well. But if you are running clover and want to go to Opencore, this may help:
Thanks for the link, I implemented the steps but still cannot get past the apple loading screen, even when I start fresh Catalina install it just restarts at the beginning of the loading bar.

Thanks for the link, I implemented the steps but still cannot get past the apple loading screen, even when I start fresh Catalina install it just restarts at the beginning of the loading bar.

have you checked if your bios settings
conform to Opencore’s conditions?

boot with -v argument and see where the logging stops.. then search in google about that .. that's how I fix issues.

have you checked if your bios settings
conform to Opencore’s conditions?
Maybe it's caused by the VoodoPS2, have you checked w/ Silfalion said?

Changed Bios settings still nothing.

Good idea with the verbose, I would like to try it. Can't seem to find the boot:agrs anywhere in config.plist, do I make a new entry and with -v argument?

Changed Bios settings still nothing.

Good idea with the verbose, I would like to try it. Can't seem to find the boot:agrs anywhere in config.plist, do I make a new entry and with -v argument?
Hi, for me that helped.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-20 at 17.46.54.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-20 at 17.46.54.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 87
Thanks that actually helped,
I took pic of the screen and trying to figure out whats the issue here

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 62
Status