Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad X240 [OpenCore 0.5.9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know maybe someone else could answer that :)

I did that yes, not by myself of course but with the help of the people @bios-mods.com.
flashing seems a crazy thing at first but you can do it. Just gather some knowledge and do some research. :)

AirDrop and HandOff doesn't work yet but you should have some basic internet connection, keep in mind you need a special version of OpenCore for that.

Just use the itlwm.kext and Heliport Application so you can have internet connection

H
AirDrop and HandOff doesn't work yet but you should have some basic internet connection, keep in mind you need a special version of OpenCore for that.

Just use the itlwm.kext and Heliport Application so you can have internet connection
How will install the heliport. .? I downloaded the itlwm kext but i dont know how to install heliport .. could you please help me

I d
H

How will install the heliport. .? I downloaded the itlwm kext but i dont know how to install heliport .. could you please help me
I download heliport from github but i didn’t see the .app thing ..

I

I downloaded everything and when i opened heliport it showed itlwm kext not running ..?

I

I downloaded everything and when i opened heliport it showed itlwm kext not running ..?

here is a guide for the steps

Basically, choose itlwm, or itlwmx, depending on your wifi card but be very careful as to identify your card correctly and more importantly do not mix the 2 kexts.

add the kext to your efi and take a snapshot with Propertree or the program you usually work with. Reboot. Launch Helioport again and now it should display the wifi list.

I had some issues with it after trying for the last days so I’m now using a usb dongle, but it may be bc of the frequency it is made to work with, also I didn’t manage to get it working with Opencore 0.5.9, until I updated to 0.6.0, Sniki may be able to offer more details on that if he encountered this situation before.

hope it’ll work well for you.

here is a guide for the steps

Basically, choose itlwm, or itlwmx, depending on your wifi card but be very careful as to identify your card correctly and more importantly do not mix the 2 kexts.

add the kext to your efi and take a snapshot with Propertree or the program you usually work with. Reboot. Launch Helioport again and now it should display the wifi list.

I had some issues with it after trying for the last days so I’m now using a usb dongle, but it may be bc of the frequency it is made to work with, also I didn’t manage to get it working with Opencore 0.5.9, until I updated to 0.6.0, Sniki may be able to offer more details on that if he encountered this situation before.

hope it’ll work well for you.

To be clear, you updated to opencore 0.6.0 got WiFi working with itlwm.. right ..? Could you please share your opencore 0.6.0 EFI folder ...?

To be clear, you updated to opencore 0.6.0 got WiFi working with itlwm.. right ..? Could you please share your opencore 0.6.0 EFI folder ...?
Yes. After updating to 0.6.0 itlwm.kext though it didn’t before. Not sure how it is now with all the updates there was. For information I’m using a DW-140 wifi usb for now. Will try to see if it works now and confirm it.

No problem, will attach it in a moment after testing.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.7 MB · Views: 96
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back