Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad X240 [OpenCore 0.5.9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Sniki, thanks a lot for your efforts and amazing guide!

Im having an issue with battery though, the battery indicator shows battery as 100% charged all the time.
Then the battery turns red at 100% before it dies. Whenever I plug it in to charge it the indicator goes from 4% to 100% in like a minute.

It was working fine until I had to disable the internal battery while upgrading the screen.
It was also working fine with your Clover guide. I have no idea what's up haha

Ive attached IOreg and EFi bellow, could you please have a look whenever you have time?

Kind regards!

I detect the same behave in the x250 with 2 batteries, when charging, not discharging, If I plug the AC it goes from 5% to 100% in a few minutes. In my case it show the correct value when discharging.

Installed Catalina 10.15.6 on my X240 yesterday, my father was using the X240 as the L440 motherboard died. 2 days ago i got a T440 for free from a friend, just the motherboard and housing, without display and keyboard. It has the i5-4210 CPU.
I just ported the SSD, Ram, 1080 IPS display, backlight keyboard from the L440 to that T440 and now it is a complete perfect working laptop.

So back to the X240 im having a problem with Bluetooth and Kernel Panics which I couldn’t figure out yesterday, will check tonight more in depth.

Situation is like this, the laptop kernel panics whether im with DW1820A or DW1560 card, the case when it boots, Bluetooth won’t work on successful boot.
Not even present on IOREG.

Any of you had this problem that you may have resolved ?.

As for battery I don’t have the above mentioned issues and the rest is working perfect, so far so good.

I was wondering is anyone experiencing difficulties on post-install? :think:
I can install and run perfectly on T440P (oh except the Wifi),
but on the X240 for my niece, I was stuck on the post-OC-boot Apple logo screen.

I've removed the Intel Wifi card and disabled the patching kext, still no luck.
And sorry for I'm still new to OC and the tree thing, totally stumped and handicapped :thumbup:

Ah and @Sniki , sorry I cant read PM on this a/c since its newbie status, forgot my old a/c :crazy:

Last edited:
Hey, man! thanks a lot for the EFI, it made my laptop work smooth as butter.

2 issues though:
-Wifi not working
-USB not working for dwa140 wifi dongle or iPhone.

Do I need to do a usb mapping?

File linked here.

Edit: I realize you're having the same issue as well, if you find any solution, would love to hear it. Thank you!

Attachments

• Sil’s MacBook Air.ioreg
    5 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Hey, mate. Could you specify the latest bios version that doesn’t cause NVRAM pls? I need to install win10 and macos on the same disk and need that option enabled. Thank you!

EDIT: found your post on github, 4 versions older than the latest one

Last edited:
Hi. I just tested. Everything works, except VoodooPS2.kext. This one kext just ends as panic at startup. Works excellent without this kext, but don't have keyboard. When use acidanthera version, OS starts at half of tries, but suddenly crash to logout sometimes.. Also tried turn off your custom SSDT 'aml' for keyboard, but this doesn't fix my problem.

On Clover I don't have that problem, but really wanna finally switch to Open Core..

Last edited:
Ive installed Linux on a external SSD and it turns out the battery is kaput :( haha

While im at it i thought of trying to extract SSDT´s via linux, i read its recommended to do that. But that means im gonna have to patch them manually right?

Ive installed Linux on a external SSD and it turns out the battery is kaput :( haha

While im at it i thought of trying to extract SSDT´s via linux, i read its recommended to do that. But that means im gonna have to patch them manually right?
the guide uses hotpatch files

Hey guys,

I finally resolved the crashing and kernel panic issues that have been introduced on last release.
Now Bluetooth and Wireless should work fine and shouldn't cause issues anymore.

Also i tested macOS Big Sur latest Public Beta (which seems to have been pulled for whatever reasons but i was able to grab it while it was available) and it is working perfect as far as i have tested.
Even Instant Hotspot connects instantly now (with DW1820A which never worked on previous versions).
From tomorrow i will be on my summer vacation, i will be away for a week and starting from the week after that i will be back home and enjoy my second week of vacation and update the guides with Acidanthera August Updates which will be live on Monday.

That will include the general fixes of kernel panics etc and the Big Sur Public Beta support added.
I will work hard to include the custom fan curve to calm down these noisy X240 Laptops.

Managed to get wifi to work, updated to opencore 0.6.0 as well as the kexts Acedenthra updated, I have an intel 7260 so I used this repo(listes in the official opencore guide):

hope this’ll help:)

Tried also with multiple wifi usbs but none work, maybe it was bc of the opencore version, haven’t tried with those yet.

Edit: had some problems with the wifi, nothing not reversible, it may be due to tweaking the system, just be cautious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back