Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad X240 [OpenCore 0.5.9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait. Much appreciate to your work.

Same here, I just tried to put YogaSMC into my EFi folder and activate the kext but somehow nothing is happening. In fact, it takes longer to load the operative system (which luckily is still working... wohoo).

Lenovo Thinkpad X240 guide with OpenCore 0.6.7 and all the latest and greatest improvements is now available.
You can grab it on the Github repo which is the same on post #1 and also will provide it here:
https://github.com/Sniki/Lenovo-Thinkpad-X240
Also refer to the readme and instructions there until i update the guides here.

Please report the results, feedback, issues, here.

Enjoy !

Thanks for the awesome guide esp. it covers the Ultra Docks configuration. I believe there is not many Dock and hackintosh resources available on the web.

Regarding to my configuration, having Ultra dock 40A2 and connect to 2 external monitors via
a. HDMI - BenQ 27" (default 1080p)
b. DVI - Dell 22" (default 1680x1050)

I can only display the mirror mode on the above 2 external monitors, but not the extended mode.
When I further check the Display setting in System preference, there is only 1 external Dell monitor and both monitors using 1680x1050 resolution. Seems DVI Dell supersede HDMI BenQ resolutions !

Screenshot 2021-04-29 at 10.16.36 PM.png

If I unplug the DVI connection, then X240 running Catalina can detect the Benq 27" and using 1080p resolution.

It sounds very weird to me.

Has anyone running X240 able to use 2 external monitors for extended mode ?

Attachments

• Steve’s MacBook Air.zip
    756.5 KB · Views: 115
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back