Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon (Gen 3, 2015 Model) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success !!! Newest Vanilla Mojave
DSDT Method, Patched the DSDT with bettery Patch from Rehabman, Everything works like a charm.
I have Edimax 1200ac Usb, Bluetooth, Trackpad, Bettery, Instant wake,

If anyone needs any help with X1C 2nd i will be able to help.
Thank you guys!!

Hi!

Can you share the Clover folder so that I can compare with mine? Also, the kexts used to check with mine.

Mine seems to be working fine but the Trackpad is a bit erratic. Thanks in advance!

Joed

Hello there,
Hey @jcsnider,
First of all, thank you for the post :thumbup:
I am supper new to this, and try to following step by step, got Mojave 10.14.4 installed.

BUT, (lol, of course there will be a but :p:p:p)

My issue is when I turn on the system, everything seem working fine till the screen is blank by the end right before it boot into OS.
The HDMI port is working so I was able to use an external monitor to get the system keep on going.
Fun trick to get the screen working is if I put the computer to sleep and wake it fast enough before its actually going to the sleep mode then the screen start light up and working.

I attached my EFI below, if anyone could give me a hint to fix this, much appreciate it! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20 MB · Views: 199
Hello there,
Hey @jcsnider,
First of all, thank you for the post :thumbup:
I am supper new to this, and try to following step by step, got Mojave 10.14.4 installed.

BUT, (lol, of course there will be a but :p:p:p)

My issue is when I turn on the system, everything seem working fine till the screen is blank by the end right before it boot into OS.
The HDMI port is working so I was able to use an external monitor to get the system keep on going.
Fun trick to get the screen working is if I put the computer to sleep and wake it fast enough before its actually going to the sleep mode then the screen start light up and working.

I attached my EFI below, if anyone could give me a hint to fix this, much appreciate it! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I have exactly the same problem, thanks for the trick I didn't figure that out by myself :D

Have you or anyone else found the fix for this annoying problem - everything else working fine btw :thumbup:

Thanks for the guide.
I follow the guide step by step to config mojave 10.14.6,except audio I use VoodooHDA,others very well.
I make some kext updated by Hackintool.
I upload My EFI to github : https://github.com/bestfc/x1c2015_mojave_efi
Maybe can help somebody.
By the way, I fixed a problem by myself when boot into macos the screen will black. I just injected EDID

Now I have a last problem : when my laptop wake up from sleep, it self screen is not wake up(but have a black light). and then I take a HDMI into the laptop,the other screen is on and everything is OK.

My Laptop Specs
Intel Core i7 5500U 2.4GHz (turbo boost up to 3.0GHz)
Intel HD 5500 Graphics
Samsung 860 EVO SATA M.2 - 500GB Solid state drive
8GB DDR3 Ram Clocked at (1600MHz)
Realtek ALC3232 Audio (Realtek ALC292)
LCD Display 2540x1440 14" touch screen
Intel AC7265 Wireless/Bluetooth Card (Replaced with DW1820a Wireless / Bluetooth Card, Finally I removed it. Seems it always call the computer down. Now I use a USBwifi)
Trackpoint/Trackpad with physical buttons for Trackpoint

Some development on acidanthera VoodooPS2 fork. Physical button support was fixed! All that's lacking is trackpoint speed/acceleration but other than that there's nothing to complain about.

Hello and Thank YOU!!!

This was my Hackintosh build of any kind and after trying endlessly (sleepless nights) to get OSX to boot on a VM or on a Real Machine, I got this guide and SUCCESS(High Sierra)!!!!

Thanks a lot for this brilliant tie the lying pieces and make it easy for NOOBS like me.

Everything seems okay for now, I will be testing it as my daily driver(mainly coding , XCODE etc) and see how it works.

There is one small thing I would like to ask. As expected the WIFI does not work and I realised later X1 Carbon does not have an ethernet port , so I would maybe have to buy an adapter.

For now I am planning to use a adapter dongle to get WLAN working.
Can someone just confirm if this will work with my configuration. I am pretty sure it would but just want to confirm before I order.

TP-Link TL-WN725N 150Mbps Wireless N Nano USB Adapter (Amazon INDIA)

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 225
Hello and Thank YOU!!!

This was my Hackintosh build of any kind and after trying endlessly (sleepless nights) to get OSX to boot on a VM or on a Real Machine, I got this guide and SUCCESS(High Sierra)!!!!

Thanks a lot for this brilliant tie the lying pieces and make it easy for NOOBS like me.

Everything seems okay for now, I will be testing it as my daily driver(mainly coding , XCODE etc) and see how it works.

There is one small thing I would like to ask. As expected the WIFI does not work and I realised later X1 Carbon does not have an ethernet port , so I would maybe have to buy an adapter.

For now I am planning to use a adapter dongle to get WLAN working.
Can someone just confirm if this will work with my configuration. I am pretty sure it would but just want to confirm before I order.

TP-Link TL-WN725N 150Mbps Wireless N Nano USB Adapter (Amazon INDIA)

I've successfully use D-Link DWA-131, works like a charm.

This guide helped me setup High Sierra perfectly. But there is a itch to upgrade to Mojave.Anyone got that working?
I tried updating from AppStore and it just keeps restarting while booting in the Apple Logo Screen. Any pointers/guides to update to Mojave would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back