Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon (Gen 3, 2015 Model) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Newman
I was manage to install High Sierra on X1C 2nd gen. Everything seems to me working fine except
Battery, trackpad. I don't know if i can patch existing DSDT.aml using SSDT.dsl patches? i am not sure what to do i am completely new in this. I would seriously appreciate your help in figuring out how i can have battery status and trackpad working. My clover folder is below.
Thanks a lot .

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 6.06.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 6.06.49 PM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 281
  • CLOVER.zip
    10.3 MB · Views: 279
Thank you for this excellent guide, I've managed to get a working install of Mojave 10.4.5 on my X1 with these instructions. Everything works - though the trackpad is a bit glitchy (though usable - gestures and two-finger tap-to-click doesn't work for me).

I had to replace 'JCSNIDER' with 'hack' in the SSDT-X1CG3.dsl file in order to generate the .aml file have APCI hotpatching work.

I also had to install AppleALC through Multibeast in order to get audio to work (now working perfectly, including after sleep and through HDMI).

For those who don't want to replace the wireless card in their X1 I recommend using a TP-Link AC600 Wireless USB adapter it works perfectly under Mojave on my X1 (Mac driver is available on the TP-Link website).

Also want to say that wake from sleep works instantly under Mac OS on the x1, something I haven't experienced with Win7 or Linux on this laptop; battery depletion while the laptop is in sleep mode is also very low (~5-10% per day) much better than Windows or Linux, and overall battery life is surprisingly strong - at least as good as Windows 7, if not better. Overall I am very happy running Mac OS on this machine, thanks jcsnider for the time and effort that went into this guide and the config.plist and the patches.

Toxicsulfur103,
"Everything seems to me working fine except Battery, trackpad."
Have you installed:

- ACPIBatteryManager.kext
- VoodooPSController.kext (try the one from post #129)

...into System/library/extensions. You can use a tool like KextWizard to do this, and don't forget to rebuild your cache, then restart.

Otherwise I really don't know anything about 2nd gen.

@ Namaman, I Didnt hotpatch anything, i went with DSDT.Aml in Patched folder, Audio Injection id:28. But to get battery to work i have to patch bat.dsl in ssdt i think. im not sure. may be you have patched yours would you be able to share config.plist for me i will see if i can add or remove anything.
Thank you very much

Hi again,
To get my X1C(3rd) working with Mojave I didn't have to hotpatch anything extra beyond what jcsniders guide tells you to. I haven't attempted to hotpatch (or manually patch) anything since getting it working. I was considering it to try to get trackpad working better with a patch, but I found the new voodooPSController kext that fixes my issue.

If you have't done jscnider's hotpatching...it's very easy. Just follow his instructions. I believe SSDT-bat.dsl is included in his 'patches' download.

As you mentioned you have a X1C(2nd), it's probably best that you do all patch related stuff on your machine as opposed to using shared files. As I said, if you follow the hotpatch guide in post #1, it's quite easy. Let us know if you get stuck.

P.S. Best to make a bootable backup first with CarbonCopyCloner.

Last edited:
Hi namaman,

Can you share the VoodooPS2Controller.kext you are using? Just want to check if it is the same as mine (attached).

Thanks!

joedr

Attachments

• VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip
    103.4 KB · Views: 223
Success !!! Newest Vanilla Mojave
DSDT Method, Patched the DSDT with bettery Patch from Rehabman, Everything works like a charm.
I have Edimax 1200ac Usb, Bluetooth, Trackpad, Bettery, Instant wake,

If anyone needs any help with X1C 2nd i will be able to help.
Thank you guys!!

My Thinkpad is possessed!!!

After coming back to my machine after putting it to sleep (usually a few hours later), I find that random windows have been opened, random apps have been launched, time changed from digital to analog, multiple browser windows opened, apps moved around or deleted from dock, random email replies have been initiated, and sometimes the guest user account has been logged into. My wife also mentioned that at one point (while I was at work) the Thinkpad started talking!!!

Eeeek!!!

So weird, and a little worrying obviously.
I've been logging out instead of putting the machine to sleep, will see if that helps.

Wondering if anyone else is having similar issues. It really feels like I have gremlins playing havoc with my machine while away.

Also wondering if it might have something to do with the new acidanthera VoodooPS2Controller kext that I recently installed, as I can't recall it doing anything similar with the old VoodooPS2Controller kext...will test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back