Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon (Gen 3, 2015 Model) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the DW1820A work within Windows?

What about your DW1560? I never could get my DW1560's to work in Windows. They work beautifully in Mac.

DW1820A works well with Windows and Ubuntu but haven't tested DW1560 under Windows. I'll give it a try when have some free time.

@Khalid: I acquired a DW1820a and also ran into tremendous trouble trying to get it working in OSX.

It seems like there are multiple DW1820a card with varying subsystem ids.

Is your card a CN-08PKF4?
089ce8d3e3018b5c5c9476fd4fe14c0b.png

Everyone that I've asked who's card has worked well has the following part number: CN-0VW3T3. (I've ordered one of these and it will be here soon.)
60814e6fd042b3be63309b3dce9ae08b.png

@Khalid: I acquired a DW1820a and also ran into tremendous trouble trying to get it working in OSX.

It seems like there are multiple DW1820a card with varying subsystem ids.

Is your card a CN-08PKF4?
089ce8d3e3018b5c5c9476fd4fe14c0b.png

Everyone that I've asked who's card has worked well has the following part number: CN-0VW3T3. (I've ordered one of these and it will be here soon.)
60814e6fd042b3be63309b3dce9ae08b.png

Mine is CN-0VW3T3. Image attached

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-30 at 11.38.47 AM.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-30 at 11.38.47 AM.png
    179.9 KB · Views: 74
Yikes, I may have just thrown away $15. Time will tell haha.

Sadly while hackintoshing is great my top priority must remain Windows, and the DW1560 + Windows never worked on my X1C G3.

Well, it's took me a long time (3 days!!!) fo finally get a solid, seemingly fully working Mojave install. This thread (and others) have been invaluable).
So I'm just following up on the trackpad issue mentioned above. Basically when you move your finger fast the pointer becomes less responsive, as if it can't keep up. So fast finger movement = slower pointer speed...a bit frustrating.

Has anyone been able to solve this issue. I'm using the voodooPS2controller kext of course.

Philip
Hi namaman,

Can you share your clover folder?

Last edited:
Hi namaman,

Can you share your clover folder?
I built a few and tried so many, but the one that finally worked for me (from memory) is the one on post #101 of this thread (Top of page 11 I believe)

Last edited:
FYI
Solution for cheap WIFI:

Last edited:
At the end of the day we will want to find a solution and implement it into the official VoodooPS2Controller builds by Rehabman so we can continue receiving his updates/bug fixes without needing to maintain our own code branches/projects.
Hi again,
Regarding the trackpad's (touchpad's) anomalous movement, just wondering if anyone has come across a solution? I've done a lot of searching, but haven't found anything. I'm presently using MOS to help with two finger scrolling, and changed the pointer speed using Terminal...not perfect, but much better than before.

I guess I'm still struggling with my trackpad. Nearly everything works perfectly except the actual physical way you interact with the machine. Really brings the experience down a notch or two.

So I was wondering if anyone has tried the 'SSDT-Thinkpad_Trackpad.dsl' patch to see if that helps, and also to possibly activate OS X gestures?

see post here:

So I've been looking into the world of SSDT a DSDT patching, and I'm lost actually.
I was wondering if I could just simply manually add 'SSDT-Thinkpad_Trackpad.dsl' the the patches listed in jcsnider's 'SSDT-X1CG3.dsl' hot patches file (and of course include the .dsl file in the 'patches' folder), and then recompiled the hotpatch file?

This sounds much easier if it's even possible.

P.S. in my searching I also came across this which looks to be a recently updated version of rehabman's OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller by Acidanthera:

Last edited:
FINALLY!!!!
I just installed (in Mojave) OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller by Acidanthera (see above), and as far as I can tell it fixes everything that was an issue with the old kext.

- Gestures are supported
- pointer speed is good
- Two finger scroll speed is good.
- doesn't have weird choppy feeling when moving pointer fast

Although Trackpoint dousnt work, I highly recommend installing this if you use Trackpad exclusively.

EDIT: This kext seems to prevent sleep on lid close...Oh well, I can live with that. I will try to contact Acidanthera and discuss.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back