Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon (Gen 3, 2015 Model) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have my laptop with me at the moment. I followed Rehabmans notes here for Mojave.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

The one thing that immediately sticks out to me is that you're using apfs.efi (which might be fine) while he recommends and I used ApfsDriverLoader*.efi+AppleImageLoader*.efi.

I'd recommend following that guide above to the letter and come back here for the SSDT patching and kext references after the install.

My config here is no longer valid due to the requirement of whatevergreen + lilu for the graphics fix and such.

Thanks for the suggestion. ApfsDriverLoader*.efi+AppleImageLoader*.efi work for me as well.

What would you recommend for upgrading, USB or App Store? I just want to keep my apps and settings intact.

I didn't try upgrading from the App Store. I used USB and it worked well, so I guess that's what I'd recommend.

Alright, upgraded to Mojave from USB. It restarted the laptop a few times but upon installation completion it got kernel panic and rebooted automatically at Apple progress bar loading screen multiple times. Manually shutting down from power button did the trick and next time it booted to Mojave fine. Still unsure what was the issue but it is working great and smooth now.

Thanks everyone for making this possible.

Finally I have got DW1820A Wifi + BT both working using the following link, the issue is due to IO80211Family.kext so need to replace it with the one provided in Post#57 archive. I have uploaded same archive here as well just for reference. Credits to @Jsassu20 for providing the instructions in the following link.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/dw1820a-not-working-no-wifi-or-bt-desktop.249555/page-6

Thanks @RehabMan and others for your help.

Hi Khalid,
I'm presently looking for a wifi solution for my X1, and I don't want to spend much money, which limits my choices. I was just wondering how you were getting on with your DW1820A in Mojave? Any kernel Panics or weird things?

Hi Khalid,
I'm presently looking for a wifi solution for my X1, and I don't want to spend much money, which limits my choices. I was just wondering how you were getting on with your DW1820A in Mojave? Any kernel Panics or weird things?

I'd not recommend you using DW1820A as I was finally able to get it working somehow but it made the system unstable with Kernel Panics and frequent reboots. I then opted for DW1560 and it is working great, no issue whatsoever. So my first choice and recommendation would be DW1560.

Hi,

I am facing lost audio problem when external headphones are plugged in. Let me explain the scenario.

- Audio works fine with internal speakers all the time.
- Audio gets lost if I use external headphones and pause the audio/video for sometime ( can be 2-5 minutes but not specific sometimes within a minute ) and then if I resume the audio/video there is no audio with headphones. I plug out headphones and can hear audio with internal speakers.
- Restarting the system doesn't seem to be making any difference. Shutting down system and then powering ON brings audio back to external headphones.

I have faced this with both High Sierra and Mojave so need your help in fixing this. PR files have been attached. These PR files have been generated in lost audio state with external headphones.

Thanks

Attachments

• debug_7225.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 123
This is not a reply to your audio issue (or it could be!).
I just wanted to mention that is anyone is having low volume problems, then try changing the <key>VoodooHDAEnableHalfVolumeFix</key> to <true/> in the VoodooHDA kext info.plist file (you'll have to view the contents of the kext to see the .plist file)...worked for me. Volume nice and loud now.

Hi,

I am facing lost audio problem when external headphones are plugged in. Let me explain the scenario.

- Audio works fine with internal speakers all the time.
- Audio gets lost if I use external headphones and pause the audio/video for sometime ( can be 2-5 minutes but not specific sometimes within a minute ) and then if I resume the audio/video there is no audio with headphones. I plug out headphones and can hear audio with internal speakers.
- Restarting the system doesn't seem to be making any difference. Shutting down system and then powering ON brings audio back to external headphones.

I have faced this with both High Sierra and Mojave so need your help in fixing this. PR files have been attached. These PR files have been generated in lost audio state with external headphones.

Thanks
You may want to look into the ALCplugfix

I'd not recommend you using DW1820A as I was finally able to get it working somehow but it made the system unstable with Kernel Panics and frequent reboots. I then opted for DW1560 and it is working great, no issue whatsoever. So my first choice and recommendation would be DW1560.

Did the DW1820A work within Windows?

What about your DW1560? I never could get my DW1560's to work in Windows. They work beautifully in Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back