[Guide] Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon (Gen 3, 2015 Model) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan sorry, I'm forgot about clover folder, here is clover folder
thanks

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 172
Hi, I try to install Mojave on my X1C 3rd gen, unfortunatelly instalation process stop as seen in this pict.
hope someone help mr to cope this problem.

thanks

Still incomplete. You forgot to press F2 and F4. Please read the FAQ request carefully.

I had succesfully install macOS mojave on X1 Carbon 2015 by following guide on post #1, but some functionality not work.
not work :
  • battery indicator not work,
  • sound
work : HDMI and mini DP

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 213
I had succesfully install macOS mojave on X1 Carbon 2015 by following guide on post #1, but some functionality not work.
not work :
  • battery indicator not work,
  • sound
work : HDMI and mini DP

Refer to the FAQ:

Hello, is anyone having issues with the trackpad ?
When I move too fast it get stuck and the scrolling is slow as hell. I've followed all the steps, system is perfectly stable except that.
i already re-installed voodooPS2controller i'll try an older version.

Well, it's took me a long time (3 days!!!) to finally get a solid, seemingly fully working Mojave install. This thread (and others) have been invaluable).
So I'm just following up on the trackpad issue mentioned above. Basically when you move your finger fast the pointer becomes less responsive, as if it can't keep up. So fast finger movement = slower pointer speed...a bit frustrating.

Has anyone been able to solve this issue. I'm using the voodooPS2controller kext of course.

Philip

Last edited:
I also upgraded Wednesday/Thursday this week. I had quite a bit of trouble because I installed Mojave from USB over my High Sierra installation (which upgraded perfectly, and I'm on APFS now) but that also left a lot of kexts in /L/E and /S/L/E that were meant for High Sierra (such as IntelGraphicsFixup.kext). That, and a few other random issues/mistakes on my end made process much harder than it should have been.

@namaman: Going into System Preferences -> Trackpad (NOT MOUSE) and setting the track speed to max changes the trackpoint point as well and might help. It still needs a lot of work.. the windows drivers properly smooth the movement.. and for some reason when we move to fast (especially when scrolling) the direction reverts and glitches out.

I might try to dive into VoodooPS2Controller again and look for a fix at some point, but I don't know when I will find time to do that or write a proper Mojave guide.

I also upgraded Wednesday/Thursday this week. I had quite a bit of trouble because I installed Mojave from USB over my High Sierra installation (which upgraded perfectly, and I'm on APFS now) but that also left a lot of kexts in /L/E and /S/L/E that were meant for High Sierra (such as IntelGraphicsFixup.kext). That, and a few other random issues/mistakes on my end made process much harder than it should have been.

@namaman: Going into System Preferences -> Trackpad (NOT MOUSE) and setting the track speed to max changes the trackpoint point as well and might help. It still needs a lot of work.. the windows drivers properly smooth the movement.. and for some reason when we move to fast (especially when scrolling) the direction reverts and glitches out.

I might try to dive into VoodooPS2Controller again and look for a fix at some point, but I don't know when I will find time to do that or write a proper Mojave guide.

Thanks for the reply,
Maybe we can share war stories...It's been quite a learning curve ;-)

Yes, I tried cranking up the trackpad speed in the prefs pane.
I even tried speeding things up using the terminal...still no good.
I'm now trying the trial version of BetterTouchTools, and cranked up the speed in that...it works much better, but still not great...and it's a trial version so it'll expire, so not a long term solution.
I wondering if I should try an older version of VoodooPS2Controller???
What do you you think?

Before Apr 2018 the official VoodooPS2Controller by Rehabman had little to no Thinkpad support at all. During those times individuals such as myself and @tluck created our own modified VoodooPS2Controller kexts specifically for our Thinkpad guides.

As of Apr 2018 I worked with Rehabman, Tluck, and a few other guys to bring all of our custom modifications into the official VoodooPS2Controller kext.
Ref: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/pull/151

Since then, Rehabman has continued to improve the offical kext with new features/bug fixes/etc.

If you go back in time in the official builds, then you will lose thinkpad support entirely. If you go back and use the other tluck kexts (or mine) then they will work the same or worse then what we have right now.

The only other option I might suggest exploring is other Thinkpad guides out there and reading to see if they have tackled this problem. It might also be worth considering playing with the comments here by tluck, I don't know what the bogusdeltathresh values are but they might be what we're looking for.

At the end of the day we will want to find a solution and implement it into the official VoodooPS2Controller builds by Rehabman so we can continue receiving his updates/bug fixes without needing to maintain our own code branches/projects.

I have a working High Sierra but now want to upgrade to Mojave. I have prepared Mojave usb and it is booting fine but I am unable to see my m.2 ssd drives during the installation. It shows internal storage as Zero KB. I am using APFS with High Sierra. I have also added apfs.efi in USB drivers64UEFI folder.

Please check attached screenshots and let me know if I am doing anything wrong. And also if I am upgrade without USB, are there any chances of OS getting broken?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 5.09.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 5.09.41 PM.png
    101.7 KB · Views: 138
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 5.11.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 5.11.49 PM.png
    100 KB · Views: 153
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 5.11.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 5.11.55 PM.png
    97.9 KB · Views: 149
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 5.13.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 5.13.05 PM.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 122
I don't have my laptop with me at the moment. I followed Rehabmans notes here for Mojave.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

The one thing that immediately sticks out to me is that you're using apfs.efi (which might be fine) while he recommends and I used ApfsDriverLoader*.efi+AppleImageLoader*.efi.

I'd recommend following that guide above to the letter and come back here for the SSDT patching and kext references after the install.

My config here is no longer valid due to the requirement of whatevergreen + lilu for the graphics fix and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back