Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon (Gen 3, 2015 Model) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright. What I am getting is to boot OS with Wireless LAN enabled from BIOS and when it gets stuck then mount EFI in Linux or Windows and send you the Clover folder. Right? Just want to clear if I am getting it properly.

EFI/Clover is on EFI partition which is FAT32 and is accessible from Windows, Linux, or even macOS booted from a USB.

I have attached clover.zip and screenshots during boot process, it never gets past 4th screen. Please take a look and let me know what are the steps to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 162
  • 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    204 KB · Views: 275
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    193 KB · Views: 258
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 225
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 192

Attachments

• Dell DW1820A.zip
    17 MB · Views: 239
My Laptop Specs
Intel Core i7 5600U 2.6GHz (turbo boost up to 3.2GHz)
Intel HD 5500 Graphics
Samsung 860 EVO SATA M.2 - 500GB Solid state drive
8GB DDR3 Ram Clocked at (1600MHz)
Realtek ALC3232 Audio (Realtek ALC292)
LCD Display 1920x1080 14"
Intel AC7265 Wireless/Bluetooth Card (Replaced with DW1830 – BCM943602BAED Wireless / Bluetooth Card)
Trackpoint/Trackpad with physical buttons for Trackpoint

What Doesn't Work
(Looking at this list you will understand that everything does work except those listed below)
  • Docking Port (Completely untested, assume it’s not working and never will.)
  • Wifi/Bluetooth After Restart (Works fine after a shutdown, but not restart.)

Upgrades
BCM943602BAED Wireless / Bluetooth Card – Specifically a Dell DW1830

The Intel Wifi/Bluetooth card that comes with the X1 Carbon will NOT WORK within OSX, therefore you must upgrade your wireless card if you want native wifi.

I tried multiple DW1560s AND the Lenovo BCM94352 variant, they worked fine in OSX but did not work at all in Windows or Linux… The DW1830 works for me, try other cards at your own risk.

As far as I know this machine does not have any whitelist whatsoever, therefore there is no need to try to patch the bios.

@jcsnider I was just wondering how were you able to fit DW1830 into wifi slot as what I have seen from images it is little bit bigger than the existing wifi card?

Hello,

I have installed DW1560 into my machine and unable to get Wifi working. BT is working fine. I had got wifi working just for a moment and when I clicked the Icon, it showed me available networks and then suddenly it got changed to "No Hardware Installed" greyed icon.

I have attached PR files, can you please check and tell me where I am going wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• debug_4746.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 166
Hi there, I just installed High Sierra on my Thinkpad.
Everything works perfectly except:
  • The screen is too low light, it works ok when i change ig-platform-id to "0x16160002". But now the HDMI port can not connect, just MiniDP
  • The touchpad is to bad, it can be used but not work perfectly, like others mention above
Is there anyway to fix this?
Thanks!

Hi, I try to install Mojave on my X1C 3rd gen, unfortunatelly instalation process stop as seen in this pict.
hope someone help mr to cope this problem.

thanks

Attachments

• error_.jpg
    error_.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 179
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 132
Hi, I try to install Mojave on my X1C 3rd gen, unfortunatelly instalation process stop as seen in this pict.
hope someone help mr to cope this problem.

thanks
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back