Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon (Gen 3, 2015 Model) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your kext installation is a mess...
You have ALC3232.kext which doesn't serve you yet, you need to remove it.
also you have CloverHDA.kext, patched AppleHDA.kext (audio is a mess).
All kexts are recommended to be installed to /Library/Extensions not System/Library/Extensions.

Also FakeSMC.kext, ACPIBatteryManager.kext & especially USBInjectAll.kext is not installed into system.

You only have them on EFI/Clover/kexts/Other (this directory is recommended only for installation or Update purpose)

All kexts should be installed into Library/Extensions.

Remove all of them and re-install all needed kexts into by following these simple steps.

create a folder called kexts on desktop and copy all the kexts into that folder
open Terminal and write these commands:
Code:
cd desktop/kexts
sudo cp -R *.kext /Library/Extensions/
sudo kextcache -i /

Reboot after the process ends and see if USB ports and camera works.

All kexts are recommended to be installed to /Library/Extensions not System/Library/Extensions.

Also FakeSMC.kext, ACPIBatteryManager.kext & especially USBInjectAll.kext is not installed into system.

You only have them on EFI/Clover/kexts/Other (this directory is recommended only for installation or Update purpose)

Remove all of them and re-install all needed kexts into by following these simple steps.

Code:
cd desktop/kexts
sudo kextcache -i /

I am quite new to this process that's why things are messy. I have updated kexts as you have explained in your reply but camera is still not working. USB ports were working previously as well and also working now but no camera device in system information. I am attaching the updated debug log.

Thanks.

Attachments

• debug_20769.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 103

Code:
cd desktop/kexts
sudo kextcache -i /

One more thing I have noticed, when I use config_post_install.plist provided in the guide and rename it to config.plist and use that in Clover then my battery patch doesn't work and battery shows 0% and no status icon is shown, it just shows for a second then disappears when I mark the checkbox in settings. If I use another config.plist then it works fine.

One more thing I have noticed, when I use config_post_install.plist provided in the guide and rename it to config.plist and use that in Clover then my battery patch doesn't work and battery shows 0% and no status icon is shown, it just shows for a second then disappears when I mark the checkbox in settings. If I use another config.plist then it works fine.

Must install all kexts you need to the system volume (/L/E).

I have installed all kexts to /L/E after @Sniki pointed out. All my kexts are now in /L/E

Did that help with the battery status issue?
The ioreg in post #23 shows battery status working.

I am quite new to this process that's why things are messy. I have updated kexts as you have explained in your reply but camera is still not working. USB ports were working previously as well and also working now but no camera device in system information. I am attaching the updated debug log.

Thanks.

Your USB configuration is wrong.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

It is working with another plist file, if I use the config_post_install.plist provided with guide then it doesn't work

Problem reporting files must represent the problem scenario.

Problem reporting files must represent the problem scenario.
Got it, here are the problem reporting files attached for following problems:

- Recovery Drive is not being shown in Clover Boot Screen
- Battery Status not showing. It shows 0% in the settings and when I mark checkbox to show battery it just shows for a second then disappears.
- Camera is not being detected, although I can see in System Information -> Hardware -> USB -> USB 3.0 Bus -> Integrated Camera but it doesn't show the device under System Information -> Hardware -> Camera

Many Thanks and I appreciate you guys for the help.

Attachments

• debug_25159.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 92
Got it, here are the problem reporting files attached for following problems:

- Recovery Drive is not being shown in Clover Boot Screen
- Battery Status not showing. It shows 0% in the settings and when I mark checkbox to show battery it just shows for a second then disappears.
- Camera is not being detected, although I can see in System Information -> Hardware -> USB -> USB 3.0 Bus -> Integrated Camera but it doesn't show the device under System Information -> Hardware -> Camera

Many Thanks and I appreciate you guys for the help.

Post #1 reads:
This will create the compiled hotpatch file named SSDT-X1CG3.aml which you should copy it into HDD/SSD EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched. Once that file is present you're done!

No such file in your ACPI/patched. Why?

Hint: config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches has entries dependent on SSDT-X1CG3.aml. Your configuration is wrong without it.

Second hint: You need to press F3 in Clover to see recovery boot target. It is being hidden by default in config.plist/GUI/Custom/Entries (#1).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back