Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon (Gen 3, 2015 Model) using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but I do not have a gen 2 in my possession, and creating a guide like this requires an insane amount of time. I think a large portion of the guide will work for you though... including a chunk of the dsdt patches. (Most are standard patches and very few are X1C specific.)

A few thoughts:
You are likely to run into trouble with the weird keyboard buttons and weird touchpad/trackpoint combo that the gen 3 doesn't have, but maybe not. In those cases look into the DSDT patches for the VoodooPs2 controller in other guides from thinkpads from the same year with the same hardware components.

The gen 3 doesn't have a bios whitelist for network cards.. the gen 2 might... so you might have an even harder time than myself trying to get a native wireless card working.

There will be lots of trial and error involved but between this and other thinkpad guides here at tmx you should be able to pull it off.

I'm sorry but I do not have a gen 2 in my possession, and creating a guide like this requires an insane amount of time. I think a large portion of the guide will work for you though... including a chunk of the dsdt patches. (Most are standard patches and very few are X1C specific.)

A few thoughts:
You are likely to run into trouble with the weird keyboard buttons and weird touchpad/trackpoint combo that the gen 3 doesn't have, but maybe not. In those cases look into the DSDT patches for the VoodooPs2 controller in other guides from thinkpads from the same year with the same hardware components.

The gen 3 doesn't have a bios whitelist for network cards.. the gen 2 might... so you might have an even harder time than myself trying to get a native wireless card working.

There will be lots of trial and error involved but between this and other thinkpad guides here at tmx you should be able to pull it off.
I felt like I was running out of the storm, turns out the eye is right on top of me. Oh boy, a fun and exciting project. Also sadly the 2nd Generation X1 has the Whitelist, so I'll probably end up using a Wi-Fi Adapter until I dump my bios. Other than that the rest I can handle. Purchasing it later on today, excited to start hacking around. I'll probably use this guide as a reference and the T440/X240 guides for the patches, and hopefully I'll get somewhere. If I do I'll make a guide myself. Thanks for the quick responce!

P.S.: Mojave is coming up fast, hope to see your X1 Carbon running it. ;)

@jcsnider Fantastic guide man, it took me quite a while to get most things up and running. However I am having problems with my touchpad, it does not track my finger well, it is very jittery, and tap to touch does not work. When I plug in a mouse it is smooth. I have tried many different Voodoo kexts and none of them seem to fix the problem. I made sure to run the kextcache each time as well. Not sure where to go from here.

@jcsnider Thanks for the detailed guide but I am getting couple of issues. Audio was not working at all so I had to use VoodooHDA and webcam is not working as well.

@jcsnider Thanks for the detailed guide but I am getting couple of issues. Audio was not working at all so I had to use VoodooHDA and webcam is not working as well.
My ALC3232.kext hasn't been updated yet as Apple removed a lot of LayoutIDs from AppleHDA.kext on MacOS Mojave (including layoutID28) which is the one that my kext used, so that's why audio doesn't work yet.

Wait for @jcsnider to update his guide and I will also update my guides & kexts these upcoming days and everything should be running back to normal.

My ALC3232.kext hasn't been updated yet as Apple removed a lot of LayoutIDs from AppleHDA.kext on MacOS Mojave (including layoutID28) which is the one that my kext used, so that's why audio doesn't work yet.

Wait for @jcsnider to update his guide and I will also update my guides & kexts these upcoming days and everything should be running back to normal.

Okay, I am using VoodooHDA right now so when you update kexts and guide then I will try to use them. Can you please tell something why webcam is not working? Any hint or idea...

Okay, I am using VoodooHDA right now so when you update kexts and guide then I will try to use them. Can you please tell something why webcam is not working? Any hint or idea...
Read post #1 - "Problem Reporting"

Read post #1 - "Problem Reporting"
Okay, I have generated files using gen_debug. Do I need to attach zip file or it automatically sends report to your servers?

Okay, I have generated files using gen_debug. Do I need to attach zip file or it automatically sends report to your servers?
attach the zip here, there's no such server thing on that script, it only does collect it on a ZIP file on your desktop.

attach the zip here, there's no such server thing on that script, it only does collect it on a ZIP file on your desktop.

Got it and attached.

Attachments

• debug_28271.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 148
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back