Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! I wondered this myself and read that VirtualSMC.efi is incompatible with SMCHelper-64.efi.

While I was writing this problem report I noticed that the RAM reported in the "About this Mac" windows was incorrect. 16GB with 2 x 8GB were reported and 12GB with 4GB + 8GB being the correct value. I resolved this issue by updating my config.plist with the correct memory information.
However the graphical artefacts in third party software still remain. I am really puzzled why Apple software is not affected. I downloaded Xcode and it works flawlessly.

@damic, you are not alone. I have the exact same problem with graphical glitches on my T440s on 10.14.5.

I can also confirm that reducing the resolution seems to fix the glitches.

It'll be great if someone can help find a fix for this problem in an otherwise perfect hackintosh.
@damic has already uploaded his files, I can upload mine too, if that helps.

However when I went on to install third-party software like Clover Configurator, IOReg, Firefox or Google Chrome I noticed major graphical artefacts in these applications and also around the macOS dock. I recorded the artefacts in Chrome, but QuickTime would not record the artefacts around the dock even though they were visible on screen during the recording. These artefacts are not appearing in the safari browser or any other software that came with macOS.
I can only describe the artefacts around the dock as tearing, colour glitches and changes in the dock size in the lower part of the screen.
I am able to avoid these artefacts if I change the screen resolution to 1600 x 900, but I am hoping for a solution that preserves my native resolution.

@damic, you are not alone. I have the exact same problem with graphical glitches on my T440s on 10.14.5.

I can also confirm that reducing the resolution seems to fix the glitches.

It'll be great if someone can help find a fix for this problem in an otherwise perfect hackintosh.
@damic has already uploaded his files, I can upload mine too, if that helps.

I was able to fix the graphical glitches. I completely reinstalled macOS and installed the same .kexts except of the AppleALC.kext which I replaced with ALC3232.kext. I now have CodeCommander.kext, ALC3232.kext and AppleBacklightInjector.kext installed directly on my system and all the other .kexts are injected by Clover. I also installed the alc_fix.
This works perfectly for me, but it was also unexpected, as it definitely did not work previously on my very first installation, which caused me to switch to AppleALC.

Oh WoW!
thats great news @damic. I will give it a try today and post my findings.

So, I moved my kexts, as per @damic's suggestions above. And....
It works perfectly. Everything.

Thanks much @damic, @Sniki and @RehabMan

@damic @4mit i haven't been able to update the guides for Mojave yet, although many things have changed and i have them locally almost finished, didn't find time to upload them and write the guide.

The new guide should be added into Mojave section this month is all goes according to my plans.

ALC3232.kext is outdated now, we have to use AppleALC.kext and many other kext & patching changes happened.

Glad you found a workaround for now.

@damic @4mit i haven't been able to update the guides for Mojave yet, although many things have changed and i have them locally almost finished, didn't find time to upload them and write the guide.

The new guide should be added into Mojave section this month is all goes according to my plans.

ALC3232.kext is outdated now, we have to use AppleALC.kext and many other kext & patching changes happened.

Glad you found a workaround for now.
@Sniki this is awesome to hear you are still around and supporting this hardware. I'm using your current setup on Mojave (from Page 13) with just a few minor changes here and there and everything is 100% stable.

Hopefully this machine will still be compatible with Catalina!

@Sniki this is awesome to hear you are still around and supporting this hardware. I'm using your current setup on Mojave (from Page 13) with just a few minor changes here and there and everything is 100% stable.

Hopefully this machine will still be compatible with Catalina!
What are the minor changes that you did so i can add if something is wrong.
Guide is 90% complete, im just doing the final checks and adjusting stuff / fixing typos.

As for Catalina, i will add the Catalina guide a day or two after as i have it almost perfectly ready so all i will need is to do the adjustments for Catalina

What are the minor changes that you did so i can add if something is wrong.
Guide is 90% complete, im just doing the final checks and adjusting stuff / fixing typos.

As for Catalina, i will add the Catalina guide a day or two after as i have it almost perfectly ready so all i will need is to do the adjustments for Catalina
Here's a post I made back in February with some of the changes (and reasons why):
@Sniki and everyone else:
Just as a heads up for anyone coming to this thread post-February 2019: using the latest version of WhateverGreen.kext released in December 2018 means that some of the SSDT patches applied in Sniki's solution are no longer needed. Particularly, the SSDT-PNLF, SSDT-IMEI, SSDT-HDEF, and SSDT-HDAU patches can safely be omitted since this kext takes care of that for you. Also, you no longer need the custom AppleBacklightInjector.kext.

I removed those things today and things seem to still be working quite smoothly.

I also use the latest Clover build from SourceForge and the latest kexts (Lilu, WhateverGreen, etc.). Other than that I think I'm still using all of the same files that you have on your Github project.

Here's a post I made back in February with some of the changes (and reasons why):

I also use the latest Clover build from SourceForge and the latest kexts (Lilu, WhateverGreen, etc.). Other than that I think I'm still using all of the same files that you have on your Github project.
I did take care of that long time ago, i just had no time to update the guide.
Some of these changes have been on GitHub for some time, despite having the SSDTs on hotpatch folder, i just had updated the SSDT-T440S.aml and config.plist.
SSDT-IMEI is still there and used, i prefer SSDT over kexts, if kext fails, IMEI injection fails.
So i let WhateverGreen do only the graphics part.
SSDT-PNLF is still needed even for WhateverGreen
They even include it on their release folder.
But what i use is Rehabman SSDT-PNLF & AppleBacklightFixup.kext

Clover bootloader is ofc used from the main branch on sourceforge as Rehabman fork is outdated for quite some time.

I plan to release the guide later today as it is almost completed.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back