Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you have to do anything after update to get audio working? I've been following the various update threads with interest and keep seeing an issue with 10.14.4 and audio.
Hey,

I only needed to rebuild the kext cache and after a reboot everything worked fine.

For anyone holding back on the 10.14.4 upgrade, I can confirm it works as intended (Im using the latest version of all the kexts). On latest Clover by Rehabman.

@RehabMan I suspect at some point in the future we'll need to update Clover inevitably. I'm seeing that the latest version of your forked Clover is still v4701. Is there a reason to this? Do you plan to update it? Not trying to force anything, I'm just wondering if we'll need to go to using official Clover later on in the future.
I always update to the latest Clover before performing an OS update. I'm no longer using the one by Rehabman so I can safely say the upstream version works fine with this machine/guide.

I always update to the latest Clover before performing an OS update. I'm no longer using the one by Rehabman so I can safely say the upstream version works fine with this machine/guide.
Really? And everything worked fine? Can you tell me exactly which steps you take when upgrading? Because last time I tried to do it I completely borked my install.

Really? And everything worked fine? Can you tell me exactly which steps you take when upgrading? Because last time I tried to do it I completely borked my install.
I just run the .pkg file hosted at SourceForge using the latest version. Just make sure you select all of the correct 64-bit drivers and you should be good.

I just run the .pkg file hosted at SourceForge using the latest version. Just make sure you select all of the correct 64-bit drivers and you should be good.
Ok so like this?
1) Download the .pkg file and make sure you select the correct drivers.
2) Reboot
3) Apply software update

Or are there steps I missed (do we need to copy config.plist again after a clover update or not? Do you update the kexts too and if yes, at which step exactly?

Ok so like this?
1) Download the .pkg file and make sure you select the correct drivers.
2) Reboot
3) Apply software update

Or are there steps I missed (do we need to copy config.plist again after a clover update or not? Do you update the kexts too and if yes, at which step exactly?
Yep, that's exactly what I've been doing when updating. In regards to kexts - yes I generally check to see if there are any updates to those as well (I usually check all of RehabMan's kexts as well as Lilu and all of its plugins).

Yep, that's exactly what I've been doing when updating. In regards to kexts - yes I generally check to see if there are any updates to those as well (I usually check all of RehabMan's kexts as well as Lilu and all of its plugins).
Okay great and what about the config.plist? (and SSDT-T440s.aml)?

I meant as in do you copy them over again when installing Clover
Nope, just leave them be. The Clover installer is smart enough not to mess with your config file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back