Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any other way to get a better touchpad experience on this laptop? I mean, is the T560/T450 (I don't remember which one exactly) touchpad better supported or something?

I started with the original buttonless trackpad and it worked fine, but the experience was clunky...literally. I changed it out for the T450 trackpad by Synaptics and the tracking is improved I think and the physical buttons make for a much better experience. Swapping it out isn't too bad, but I would suggest watching this video
for a good walkthrough of the process.

I started with the original buttonless trackpad and it worked fine, but the experience was clunky...literally. I changed it out for the T450 trackpad by Synaptics and the tracking is improved I think and the physical buttons make for a much better experience. Swapping it out isn't too bad, but I would suggest watching this video
for a good walkthrough of the process.

I modified the tracking speed with MaciASL and the scrolling feels a lot better now, nearly as smooth as under Windows. I would only replace the touchpad if I could get gestures to work, for example three finger swipes but as far as I know there is no way to get that working on any touchpad. Thank you for the video though.

And a small update as for the broken digitizer, instead of modifying anything in the SSDT-USB, I simply disconnected the touch ribbon, everything is working fine now.

Separate question: My T440s has BIOS 2.27 (GJET77WW). Is there any benefit on upgrading it to 2.36 (and no higher because of the whitelisting issue)? or should I just leave it at 2.27?
@Sniki @Fobos531

Last edited:
Separate question: My T440s has BIOS 2.27 (GJET77WW). Is there any benefit on upgrading it to 2.36 (and no higher because of the whitelisting issue)? or should I just leave it at 2.27?
@Sniki @Fobos531

I'm not certain, but I believe that 2.36 is the only T440s BIOS that is whitelist-free. From what I understand, it was not intentional on the part of Lenovo but was released without a whitelist in place.

I'm not certain, but I believe that 2.36 is the only T440s BIOS that is whitelist-free. From what I understand, it was not intentional on the part of Lenovo but was released without a whitelist in place.

Thanks a lot for replying. I will update the BIOS to version 2.36 just to be safe.

You were totally right. When I replaced the WiFi+BT card and turned it on, the T440s complained right away about an "unauthorized card" (on BIOS 2.27). After upgrading it to BIOS 2.36 it did not complain anymore and worked perfectly.

Another tip. I got the "wrong" BCM94352Z Wireless / Bluetooth Card (The one on the right with one slot instead of two):

It happens that the one with two slots is very difficult to find in the US and would have to be ordered from China (EBay, Alibaba, etc.), and the one with one slot can be found in the US (cheaper and quicker - i.e. EBay, Amazon).

Well, the only difference is the slot, no electronics go through there, and if you are careful enough (and have the proper tools - don't lose a finger doing this), you can just "create" that second slit: the card is detected and works perfectly. Here is how mine looks now when plugged in:

Thanks again

First of all, thank you @Sniki, @RehabMan, and all others for all your work on this.

I installed Mojave on my Lenovo T440s (first time doing this) a couple of weeks ago. These are the problems I encountered (for future reference and for others who might make the same mistakes):

First, my Mojave installation would not boot from HDD/SSD, only from USB. I found a post with the solution (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-thinkpad-t440s.244798/post-1915430 - Basically copy my EFI folder from the USB into the EFI folder of the HDD/SSD).
After that, pretty much everything was working: Audio, Internal Display, VGA port, Ethernet, USB ports, Display Brightness and Audio Function keys, Trackpad, Mic, and iMessage and Facetime (had to follow https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/). I have not tried the miniDP port, but a ThinkPad USB 3.0 Pro Dock (docking station) seems to work fine.

I had ordered a BCM94352Z WiFi+BT card (as shown on previous posts) and a new SDD (500GB), so I decided to re-install my T440s Hackintosh from scratch, and I got the same results, and WiFi+BT worked right out of the box.

When I installed my MagicTrackpad, it would not get detected (although the BT settings would see its MAC address transmitting), and I figured out I installed extra kexts from @RehabMan's BrcmPatchRAM. You ONLY need the two mentioned by @Sniki in the guide: BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext & BrcmPatchRam2.kext. The others are not needed and will create problems.

Thank you, everyone,

F4

Last edited:
could anyone drop me a hint which part of the dsl and hotpatches i have to disable for smartTouchpad to function properly?

many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back