Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Using FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext may help with your camera issue.
See USB guides linked from FAQ for details:

It was on a virtual machine through the AppStore and created the USB in VirtualBox on MacOS Mojave, ok will take a look at that for the camera

It was on a virtual machine through the AppStore and created the USB in VirtualBox on MacOS Mojave, ok will take a look at that for the camera

Note:
Note: DO NOT use a VM to create your USB. VMs are known to create invalid/corrupt USB installers. Use real hardware to create your USB installer.

Ok ran it with a USB with actual hardware and unfortunately same issue, the trackpad in system preferences is still missing.

Last edited:
Ok got it working now, instead of using TLUCK VoodooPS2Controller.kext, I just used RehabMan one and it's working now and showing the preference pane. Thanks @RehabMan for the help. Now got to work on the Webcam as it's not showing up, does anyone else have that issue?

This is my first post here, writing from a complete Mojave installation. Everything is working as expected but not everything is how I would like it to be. Firstly, I would love to disable the touchscreen since its cracked and ghost-touches like crazy. Also, if it's possible I would like to modify keyboard mapping to act like a windows keyboard connected to a Mac rather than being a Mac keyboard with wrong markings on the keys (or at least bind printscreen key as the second alt key). And lastly, I have the original touchpad, I modified the scrolling speed to be a little faster with MaciASL, but other than scrolling, no other gesture works, so I would like to know if I can do anything with that.

Aside from that installing MacOS on this Thinkpad was smoother than any other of my hackintoshes, you guys did an amazing job, thank you very, very much.

Also, sound is working without any tweaks so that's great!

This is my first post here, writing from a complete Mojave installation. Everything is working as expected but not everything is how I would like it to be. Firstly, I would love to disable the touchscreen since its cracked and ghost-touches like crazy. Also, if it's possible I would like to modify keyboard mapping to act like a windows keyboard connected to a Mac rather than being a Mac keyboard with wrong markings on the keys (or at least bind printscreen key as the second alt key). And lastly, I have the original touchpad, I modified the scrolling speed to be a little faster with MaciASL, but other than scrolling, no other gesture works, so I would like to know if I can do anything with that.

Aside from that installing MacOS on this Thinkpad was smoother than any other of my hackintoshes, you guys did an amazing job, thank you very, very much.

Also, sound is working without any tweaks so that's great!
You'll need to modify the SSDT-USB.dsl to disable the touchscreen. There's a bunch of tutorials on the laptop section about how to properly setup USB and disable different ports.

Not sure about the keyboard since I don't have those keys mapped either. If you figure this out, please post the solution!

2 finger scroll should work with the touchpad, but that's about it in MacOS. You can configure a 3 finger swipe in MacOS keyboard settings.

You'll need to modify the SSDT-USB.dsl to disable the touchscreen. There's a bunch of tutorials on the laptop section about how to properly setup USB and disable different ports.

Not sure about the keyboard since I don't have those keys mapped either. If you figure this out, please post the solution!

2 finger scroll should work with the touchpad, but that's about it in MacOS. You can configure a 3 finger swipe in MacOS keyboard settings.

Is there any other way to get a better touchpad experience on this laptop? I mean, is the T560/T450 (I don't remember which one exactly) touchpad better supported or something?

Also, where can I find the SSDT-USB.dsl? If that's not a problem please point me to the right tutorial.

The file you will need to edit for this particular guide/laptop is found on @Sniki 's Github:

You can actually look at the commit history for that file - originally it did not have touchscreen support, so if you undo that change and then recompile all of those .dsl files into a single asl file (tutorial to do that should be on the first post, if not maybe in one of @RehabMan 's laptop tutorials) then the touchscreen should be disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back